HSL Catalogue

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    It has been an honour to be of service, your Momship, I remain, your very ' umble servant,....
    You're not a servant and I am most 'umbly grateful...am very excited about getting my catalogue now
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Aww really. I rather like being obsequious (if that's how you spell it).
      Yes - catalogues is good - but choice is challenging.

Comment

Can anyone clarify? I fancy growing two kinds of broadies this year - the crimson flowered ones (here at home in my back garden as they are so decorative) and some of the white flowered ones on the lottie (I'll have to work out how to isolate them from the others for pollination) - I didn't see any rules about not having two of the same vegetable seeds this year. Have they dropped the rule and am I on a hiding to nothing about isolating broadies?
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Aww really. I rather like being obsequious (if that's how you spell it).
          Yes - catalogues is good - but choice is challenging.
          As in too many to choose from? I don't know too many of these obscure varieties so shouldn't be too bad for me, or maybe it will. Do we save seed and redistribute after. I must get more savvy on this. Note to self - lessons from Miss Z with lots of coffee provided by me!
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Jeanied, I've picked two types of bean - Brejo and Hutterite Soup, and I've already posted off my form I couldn't see anything in the rules stopping me from picking two beans. Had to post off my form as I am just tormenting myself with trying to make final choices, then changing them again, and again.......

Comment

One recommendation if I may - Page 45. White Serpent Squash.

Absolutely fantastic summer squash. I've got some and will be saving loads of these to swap with next year [if I can].

Comment

Tempting! Is it a sprawler?

Comment

Full story here

Comment

Ahh yes - I remember now. OK, they're on my list. Hope there are lots of seeds at HSL since we'll all be chasing them.

Comment

See, this is why I've already posted off my list. I keep on tormenting myself by chopping and changing (b*gger they do look good, if only I had picked one bean, not two)

Comment

I'd have posted it earlier if I'd spotted them, as soon as I noticed I posted.

Did I mention I've had a ridiculously busy weekend...this always happens when Mr Z goes out for the day - I start off thinking I've got loads of time then bang - I've done loads and it's time for bed.

Comment

Wish I hadn't started this thread - mine's not turned up yet and now I'm dead envious. Am hoping it's there when I get home but not too hopeful with our post.

Re the comment about choosing more than one type of broad bean, no problems at all with that, I did that last year with peas, can't remember anything in the rules about that ever.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Neither has mine! Can Aunty Zazzy put us to the top of the pile using magic fairy dust please?!

Comment

Now how can I tell you this without upsetting FF, Alison and VVG? I can't so I'll have to say it anyway. I've just sent my order in and have included the Serpent Squash! And I've doubled up on some veggies.
                              Hope your catalogues arrive soon.

Comment

VC I am coming over ...enough, I need that book

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X