HSL Catalogue

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    In the wrinklies, Mummy's Pea has a photo of a flower with mauve & crimson petals but the description says it is white-flowered! I'm very confused now. Think you're going to have to be a very patient girl until the next delivery.
    I think the pic is of Irish Preans, the pics seems to have gotten mixed up. As that pic isn't of Irish Preans but is of peas!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      I think the pic is of Irish Preans, the pics seems to have gotten mixed up. As that pic isn't of Irish Preans but is of peas!
      I've never heard of Irish Preans but here's another photo and lots more info.
      Daughter of the Soil

As for Mummy's Peas, they do remind me of those tightly wrapped Egyptian wrinklies nestling inside their sarcophagi. But could I eat one?

Comment

You two are very norty and I am going to cry now...lots!
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Or I might just get in my car and drive for about twenty minutes and knock on a door...
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
            Or I might just get in my car and drive for about twenty minutes and knock on a door...
            That means I'm safe!

Comment

Alternatively I could pick Chris up and go to a door in South Wales...hmph!

Comment

OK, Peas be upon you and all your pods!!
                If it helps to whet your appetite further, there is a 2 page article on peas in the catalogue. Also, you choose 6 different vegetable varieties (so only one pea) and then give 3 alternative choices of pea. You receive 10 peas.
                So some important decisions to be made and I'm still mulling over mine!

Comment

Got mine a couple of days ago. Oh, Christmas comes early when you're a member of the HSL!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Please give me more...just the different veg varieties would suffice...peas!
                    Am after growing crimson broad beans and they have it on the website but it may not be there this year.

Comment

Crimson broadies are there - so don't worry.

Comment

Broad beans:Crimson flowered!, Jonah's, Martock, Mr Jones, Mr Lenthalls, Red Bristows & Somerset.

Varieties:
                        Achocha, Aubergine, Beetroot, Broad bean, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrot, Caulis, Celeriac, Cucumber, French beans, Climbing French beans, Dwarf French beans, kale, Leek lettuce, Marrow, Melon, Onion, Pea, Pepper, Radish, Runner beans, Squash, Swede, Tomato, Turnip.

Anything else, madam?

Comment

Thanks VC. Really pleased CFBB is on - feel a-peas-ed now. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            Crimson broadies are there - so don't worry.
                            Thanks Zazzy

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              Broad beans:Crimson flowered!, Jonah's, Martock, Mr Jones, Mr Lenthalls, Red Bristows & Somerset.

Varieties:
                              Achocha, Aubergine, Beetroot, Broad bean, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrot, Caulis, Celeriac, Cucumber, French beans, Climbing French beans, Dwarf French beans, kale, Leek lettuce, Marrow, Melon, Onion, Pea, Pepper, Radish, Runner beans, Squash, Swede, Tomato, Turnip.

Anything else, madam?
                              Nah - I'm good - Trop merci

Comment

It has been an honour to be of service, your Momship, I remain, your very ' umble servant,....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X