No announcement yet.

HSL Catalogue

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine took a while to activate as well - but that's months ago!

Comment

• I received my catalogue and membership details just before crimbo but had to delay the decadence of time to myself until after new year. I also have been sent some pea seeds - Victorian Purple Podded. Are these a freebie or is it like an easy beginner trial to see how I manage the seed saving process? The picture postcard is going to be framed and hung in my kitchen. They sent one of a Queensland Blue Pumpkin too which looks amazing.

Comment

• I believe it may be a freebie as you have joined as a member and not a seed guardian?!?
        I made my choices quickly and have them already. Can't wait to get sowing!
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• I had a Freebie packet of peas ?King Tut, when I joined too. No pretty postcards though!

Comment

• I received some photographic postcards too. Have already used them as Christmas thank you cards...oops!
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• I'm going to be missing out this year An unexpected £400 vet bill just before Christmas means that a lot of my treats-to-myself are having to be cut out, which includes GO/HSL membership. Not feeling too sorry for myself though, as the Pea/Bean Seed Circle swaps just arrived and there's enough new-to-me varieties in there to keep me happy

Comment

• I got mine too, yesterday. The freebie purple pea thing, looked interesting. Just got to get my head around what to plant when. now. Am all rather excited about it.
                Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Have you seen Adam Alexander's website? Vegging Out with Adam It influenced some of my HSL choices!
                  Just looked at his site, where does he get hold of his polythene for that price?

Wouldn't mind getting some of that myself
                  I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                    Just looked at his site, where does he get hold of his polythene for that price?

Wouldn't mind getting some of that myself
                    What price you on about? I could only find the quantity he buys - "200 hundred metre lengths, a metre or so wide" How many acres is that?

Comment

• On the video growing early potatoes, at 7minutes 20 seconds he discusses buying polythene from a local horticultural supplier for £15 a roll.

Comment

• Have you looked on eBay Mikey? This is just one seller Black Polythene 125 micron 4m, Clear Polythene 250 micron 2m items in poly-fast store on eBay! who does polythene sheeting. There was loads came up on a search

Comment

• Cheers Sarz, I actually did one better, I contacted a local packaging company and they gave me the end of a roll of lay flat tubing free, approx 30metres. They were really helpful, and said I can call in anytime I need some more.

Comment

• I joined Garden Organic and the HSL last week. The catalogue arrived on saturday with some free purple podded beans. I flicked back and forth through the catalogue for most of the weekend trying to decide what 6 to go for, I ended up with a melon, a squash, a carrot, a pepper, and two varieties of tomato. I was umming and ahhing over the achocha as one choice as it sounded a bit different from the norm - there's always a chance it will be in the lucky dip packet!

Looks like I might not get all my first choices as most folks seem to have ordered last year. TBH I will be happy to try anything new!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X