X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
    Stolen our Sun I see
    Sorry! I’ll see what I can do to share it!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thanks Nicos.

Morning
      No sun yet but it isn't raining , bit damp out there though. I intend to be outside but feel a bit off this morning, will see how it goes.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

It was a cool 6c in my GH overnight and by 7.30 it had jumped up to 23c that'll change with this afternoon rain though.

No real plans today but something usually comes along

enjoy your bank holiday weekend.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

Thanks for sharing the sun today, Nicos. It's a welcome change. Having looked at the week's forecast (awful), I've set the washer off.

Amazingly, I slept like a log last night. About an unheard of 8 or 9 hours and feel thoroughly refreshed and raring to go this morning.

Comment

• Morning all.

Another late start to the day. Coffee and toast in bed today, courtesy of Mr Snoop. Lucky me. The smiles were long gone by the time I got up, so I hope they're doing their usual rounds and behaving themselves.

Hazy-looking sky but still very bright. No rain forecast.

Might get out and do some gardening later, when it's a bit cooler. But a fair bit to do this morning. A big tidying session in the kitchen is called for.

Off to visit the neighbours down the valley too. The bread I made yesterday was not an unqualified success... We had an unexpected call from friends in Holland that went on for absolutely ages, so the dough was well and truly over-proofed by the time it got in the oven. Including the loaf for the neighbours. Oops.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• I think my window cleaner must have seen the forecast for the next week or so as he's just turned up, for the first time ever, on a Saturday morning. Either that or he needs some money for the Bank Holiday. I'm not complaining as he is a very good, and exceptionally cheap, window cleaner.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Early start - didn’t want to wake you all!

I’ve been Cuprinolling the cellar and barn doors. The south facing barn door will be needing a second coat but it’s too hot at the moment in the full sun to out there painting ( hence the early start)

The lads have been strimming the woodyard and bringing back the last of our firewood- still another trailer load to go but those need cutting down first ( I don’t want a mass of wood shavings on the guests lawn) I’m hoping to have a chance to play with the wood splitter later but I have a feeling it’ll be commandeered by the lads

BBQ later so I best crack on! ….loads more weeding to do whilst the weather is dry.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

The sheets and towels are washed, the vaccuuming is done, and the sun is shining, so I'm a happy bunny. I emptied out some pots of bulbs earlier so they are drying in the sun. They've been in the same pots for several years so now theyll go in the ground some time. Every year I promise myself no more pots of bulbs, then come September I can't resist buying spring bulbs again.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon

We've had a good day here sunshine, laundry dried, gardening and visitors.

With none of the rain that had been been forecasted by 3 weather sites arrived.

Enjoy your evening.

Comment

• Good evening it has been dull but dry today though the sun is out now, I have been busy power washing the back slabs and part of the patio, when I reached the point where I needed to switch the power supply to the other side of the garden I decided to leave that to another day as I wanted to plant up some pots and the patio area gives me an ideal place to work, so now that that has been done I will get the power washing finished at the first opportunity, hopefully tomorrow, I also potted 9n some fuchsia and there is one which is ideal to make into a standard, I haven't done that for quite a while so think I will have a go at. That just had my tea and now think I need to check the inside of my eyelids, so have a good evening and spread the smiles
                        Last edited by rary; 25-05-2024, 05:17 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Lots of sploshy stuff overnight( think we might have accidentally had yours Bren!) …. so glad I managed to get the painting done yesterday!

Perfect now for weeding the driveway

Enjoy your day peeps
                          Last edited by Nicos; 26-05-2024, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Rain/thunderstorms for the day here glad I got those beans planted yesterday.

Today will mostly be spent indoors crocheting, reading and card making.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzling here and the same forecast as Bren. Have a lovely Sunday
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Mr Snoop has been encouraging me to get going in the garden. So a bit of cardboard covering down and some weeding done. Tomato canes up tomorrow. Night-time temps now 10 ºC and higher. So will start getting things out at long last. Very late, but better late than never. In fact, better late this year than earlier. When I went to see the neighbours down the valley, they were very disheartened. Some nights these last few weeks have been near frost temperature, so of course all their tender stuff is doing very badly. And we've also had heat waves, so all the cool-loving stuff has bolted really fast. They're close to giving up.

Also on the cards for today: a video demonstrating how my fancy food mixer slicing and grating drums don't work as promised. I got them through my flour supplier and he's sympathetic to my cause. Which is just as well as my next big purchase will be an Ooni pizza oven from him when they've got a special offer going. Nicos, I'll be picking your brains on that later in the year.

Have a great day, everyone.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-05-2024, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X