Off to the hairdressers.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I'm feeling very organised as I've just managed to book 3 consecutive appointments for my husband, brother-in-law and me at a pharmacy less than a mile away, with good access and it's own car park, for covid jabs in three weeks time. I could have got them sooner but not all together.

I've also rung the care home to see how my sister in law is today and evidently she is quite alert so we'll visit later. I've also realised it is her birthday tomorrow, not Saturday!

Comment

• GF thats good about getting your Jabs at the same time it does make it easier. I'm hoping we'll get our at the local pharmacy/doctors again rather than being sent miles away.

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Grory hop with a wonder down Aldi's middle aisle
        I came back with a couple of brushed cotton fitted sheets and pillowcases they fit the bed nicely.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          GF thats good about getting your Jabs at the same time it does make it easier. I'm hoping we'll get our at the local pharmacy/doctors again rather than being sent miles away.
          Bren if you go on the NHS website and put in your NHS number, date of birth and postcode you can see if you are eligible and which locations near you are currently available, and then book if you want to.

Comment

• Thanks for that GF I've had a look but will checkback again in case there's somewhere nearer.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Bren if you go on the NHS website and put in your NHS number, date of birth and postcode you can see if you are eligible and which locations near you are currently available, and then book if you want to.
              Thanks GF, I didn't know that
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening, a bit of wind blowing all day but nothing too severe, was at the church coffee morning, then doing some repairs to the vertical blinds before spending some time out in the garden, I have cut some planks to put round one of the raised beds as I want a deeper covering of soil over the top of the logs that are in the bed, I actually intended going over for some seaweed, then thought I would leave it till tomorrow, as generally after high winds the shore gets cleared of seaweed by the rougher water, so provided its dry tomorrow afternoon I will collect it then, I think I will start working on a jigsaw that my daughter gave me for my birthday, it's a photo of the Buachaille, which I have walked up several times, so will be nice to work on, so off to get started, have a good evening and behave
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

All sunny but cool on the southern front at the moment, though the forecast for the next week or so is low thirties, top twenties. Not what I fancied, as I'm tackling the garden this weekend. The smiles are enjoying the cooler mornings and the twinkling dew, so they set off early. Sensible things.

Plenty of work to keep me busy today, with a brief interlude to deliver a car to our friendly local mechanic, which means I have to go too to bring Mr Snoop back home afterwards. Also, with the weekend coming up, bread to bake and a sweet item to negotiate with Mr Snoop. Options a lemon meringue tart or another mincemeat cake. Personally, I'm tending more towards the cake... I'll have to come up with a good question so I get the answer I want!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Apple dehydrating, gardening and domestics here today, the windows at the back of the house seem to be covered in Sliver birch seeds.

Snoop out of those two I'd prefer the mincemeat cake.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Snoop out of those two I'd prefer the mincemeat cake.
                      I'm thinking I might not even ask, just make...

Comment

• Good morning all.

A cool, sunny, breezy morning here. The bed is stripped and the washer clanking away happily. Hopefully I should get things dried outdoors today.

We visited sister in law's care home yesterday and she was quite lucid, happy to see us, and knew who we were, or at least who I was. She ignored Mr GF, her brother, completely. When she had had enough of us she simply took her hearing aids out, which made me smile.

Snoop, I'd be happy with mincemeat or lemon meringue but I do think that lemon meringue really wants eating while still just warm to be at it's best, well that's my excuse for finishing it

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny and breezy here. Cake making here too unless I get some visitors. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            The sun is up and its breezy but all in all , a nice morning.
                            The laundry is out, blowing in the breeze.
                            A number of errands to do today.
                            Books to be returned to the library.Visit to the post office. App for my flu vaccine this afternoon.

Snoop, I would settle for either of those, they both sound lovely.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Cake it is!

Comment

• Can you make all these cakes sugar free and I will pop in for a chunk later....................................................

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X