This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

If it turns up again, we've said we'll ponder the issue. The trouble is a hunting dog is likely to go for the cat and we're hoping in the spring to get chickens and we let those free range during the day. It's one thing teaching a puppy the chickens are off limits and quite another thing teaching an adult hunting dog. Plus, in this case, we'd be taking on a dog with an obvious but unknown and potentially very expensive problem.
    Ah - yes, I can see all that could be a problem.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      We didn’t stay very long at the vide grenier but bought a few items for our granddaughter including a wooden Melissa and Doug wooden dolls house and contents for 3€ . Same as the one we paid 5€ for but with more family members. We’ll keep the original one here and take over this one. That’s a ridiculous price isn’t it? I quite fancy making more things to go in it now!
      Nicos it gets addictive making doll house miniatures

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I’ve been watching loads of YouTube videos since she left and some of the things made from bits and pieces of ‘rubbish’ are amazing.
        As if I’ve not got enough other things needing doing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Nicos it gets addictive making doll house miniatures
          Care to share some of the things you’ve made Bren ?

Comment

• A couple of rooms from different houses. I’ve made all the furniture except for the metal work, pottery and butchers block.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5a1fe0d5-2c81-4b5b-acdc-29b79a9fdc1d.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	2569056

Click image for larger version  Name:	042f6f06-2a17-4953-9486-38a28c85bc65.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	383.7 KB ID:	2569057
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 25-09-2023, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• On Bren! They're fantastic
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good Morning All Sun is out so I'm going to potter. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, good to see you back burnie, and wish you well with you health, and like you I am planning next year's crop, which of course will be the best ever
                  A blustery wind blowing just now with occasional rain, so don't think I will get any gardening today, I need to get a ceiling painted so might do that today, I really can't put it off any longer, so might as well get it done, possibly I will earn some brownie points from OH​​​​​​, have a good day
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Wow Bren…Wow! Those look incredibly professional! Well done. Most impressed

We lit the fire again last night…looks like it’s a regular occurrence now. Even if it’s just a couple of logs per evening for now

Not sure what today will entail but we’re on our last carton of milk so I’ll nip out later.
                    Tomorrow we’re off out for a birthday bbq - it’s the host’s birthday and he wants to play with fire…best get a nice bottle of wine for him whilst I’m at it.

It’s looking very dark and windless outside. Rain isn’t forecast so I’ll probably go blackberrying. I’ve cooked down and squished out juice from loads so far, freezing the juice in icecube trays. Always handy to have in to throw into drinks, puddings, yog ,water kefir…just to vary the winter vitamin and mineral intake.

Brew time over - there’s still come in the pot if anyone fancies any?
                    Well…I say ‘pot’ it’s teabags in reality.​​​​​​….ooops - best get the milk in soon as it’s almost run out .
                    Enjoy your day peeps….

Comment

• Wow Bren, the work on those houses is stunning.
                      You must have great patience.

Good morning all and we have a bright and breezy morning
                      The laundry is out and the greenhouse plants are watered.
                      Lots of domestics to do.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

That's really fine work, Bren In Pots. Beautiful. Do you make them for members of the family? Whoever receives them must be bowled over.

Yes, chilly here recently at night too, Nicos. We cleaned out the range yesterday and baked pizza last night. Glad of the additional warmth in the room. A low of 8 ºC last night, just 4 ºC where the tomatoes would have been had I grown any...

Mr Snoop in town to see the doctor and assorted other errands. Turns out he's got tennis elbow. He's been complaining for weeks and not resting it. Off for X-rays tomorrow, so that means a grory hop is on the cards. Not that we need much. The main thing we buy in the 'big' shops is cheese. And now we're trying to diet, that's the last thing we should be getting.

Me, I'm holding the fort with the dogs and pretending to work, but if I don't start soon I won't get it done in time. So better settle down to it.

Have a great day, everyone.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 25-09-2023, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Thanks everyone,
                          I used to be in a couple of yahoo groups we’d do swaps and meet up then yahoo disbanded its groups pity really I’d been in them since ‘98.
                          I made our grandaughter and a niece a few things once they were old enough, they’re not really children’s toys.

Nicos good idea freezing blackberry juice I’ll have to do that.

Comment

• I was just thinking about them being too fragile for a 2-3 yr old but I can cut my teeth on chunkier furniture until my skill ( or lack of if) level increases.
                            I thought I might start with crocheting a small blanket for the bed using embroidery silk…. Maybe making picture frames and a wall clock…..a vase of flowers ( I can dry some from the garden). I’m aware of small things and unsupervised play with 3yr olds though….

Comment

• Nicos....and a little bookshelf with minature books. 😏

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon.

Bren those pictures look amazing. I always wanted a doll's house as a child. Sadly I never got one..... probably just as well as I had destructive younger siblings.

I've just ordered Mr GF an electric razor for his birthday, a week and a half away. I am getting so organised! I've also just renewed the car insurance.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X