X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Hope you wake up feel much better today Rary.

More rain here today with gusty winds this afternoon, I won't be doing much in the garden apart from collecting herbs.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Evening!
    really brrrr here - it’s a very nippy wind.
    I managed an hour of weeding when I got home then the heavens opened. Really decent bouncy stuff!
    Looks like tonight we may have a frost so the blowaway is wrapped up in fleece.

How lovely having seen such a big eclipse CG - I saw the one in the 90s in the uk and it was so eerie. Particularly the birds suddenly going silent.

Rary - I hope you both feel a lot brighter tomorrow. It sounds exhausting x

Early night for me , I’m aching all over! More swimming tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    CG your friends in the perfect spot to watch the eclipse
    Yes she said 97.3% eclipse

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Rary, do sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly.

Good evening all. What a wet day, my front garden is beginning to flood, that's a first.
    Plans changed, my grandson wasnt in as he is off school with a cold and cough.
    I decided to buy some paint and brushes.
    Went to the store and they were selling tomato plants so I bought 3 as mine will be late.
    Spent the afternoon washing down all the white woodwork and doors upstairs.
    I will do the downstairs tomorrow.
    Hopefully I will get a few decent days to paint .pStay dry all.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, had some sun this morning but now dull and wet, had a bit of a relapse as feel very tired and breathless, OH is making some improvement so the steroids and antibiotics are helping, so hopefully I will show some improvement tomorrow, have a good evening and remember to pass on some smiles

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    CG your friends in the perfect spot to watch the eclipse

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    My friend is in Ontario, Canada.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    We have the rain here although the breeze has gone.
    Looking after my grandson this afternoon as both parents have previous appointments
    Not a lot else to report do, have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Semi dull here, so I’m planning on a bit of gardening after swimming.
    Apart from that , not sure apart from that. Maybe a quick grory hop whilst I’m near the shops

Have a great day everyone

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Dull here and rain forecast. Making pies today, but nothing else planned yet. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Rain here from lunch time onwards, gardens soggy after all the rain so I'll be in the GH instead.

No chance of seeing the eclipse here either Snoop, looking at the news there's a 115mile strip from Mexico up to Canada that will be in darkness.

Off for a look around the vine.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning all
    Grey here too and you guessed it, more rain in the forecast At least the wind has calmed for now.
    Was due to work but delay with something so not bothering. I need to get planting out but that may not be today.
    Ha sounds like my OH snoop.
    Enjoy whatever you do today. Kettle has boiled and there are crumpets.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Jacket potato with just butter, salt and pepper for me. Or with a dollop of cottage cheese and pepper. Jacket potato with baked beans... definitely not my cup of tea.

The forecast when I went to bed very late was bright all day today, but it's really cloudy out there. The forecast has caught up with the clouds and they're now saying a wee bit of drizzle this afternoon. M has gone to Canada for the eclipse, hope he's got better visibility than here.

Mr Snoop is taking my venerable Vitara to the mechanic this afternoon for some advice. It needs some fancy welding done to pass the MOT... Not entirely sure where this kind of welding is done round here. Anyway, doubtless Mr Snoop will get it sorted somehow or other. After all, he succeeded in persuading me to buy the new laptop. There is a huge advantage to me though, which is that he'll get my hand-me-down and have to go and take it into another room where he's got a desk. So I won't have to listen to stand-up comedians, jazz guitarists and animals being cute while I'm trying to work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good night sll.
    Sounds like all peeps had a good day. .
    Weathereise we had a good daym just two showers.
    Most of our dsy was spent with family visiting after not seeing us for the past five weeks.
    Take care all and catch you soon tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon

Us and the dog came back sludgy from the walk lots of standing water in the fields, no way to avoid it. We came through the door to the smell of slow cooker braising steak.

It sounds like you found some bargains today Nicos. Jacket potatoes with coleslaw is my first choice at fairs/carboots, they do smell good.

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 07-04-2024, 01:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X