This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

That's very good of them, helping out with generally people's least favourite gardening job!
    Snoop...what can I say!!!
    Caught out again by the b....dy predictive typing.
    I need to up my game 😏😏

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      ^^^ that made me chuckle too bramble/Snoop

Gf…what a lovely pressie! Sounds like an amazing experience!

Today is a workday - we’ve got some help with fitting a perlin in in our bedroom.( think chunky horizontal support under the roof tiles)
      Its 4.5 metres long so going to take a fair bit of effort getting it through the bedroom window! I best have an extra weetabix methinks!

Once that’s in I’ll leave them to it and crack on with some camper stuff. I actually fancy a bit more weeding so no doubt I’ll find time for that.

Time for a brew….Hibou went out earlier so I expect she’ll be sat at the window wanting to come in by now.

Have a great day peeps - keep safe!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All,

Very early start this morning, very dark on my way to work.

Really need to work through sorting the wood store this evening. Stocks have dwindled fairly so need to get it back up to full strength ready for winter!

Happy Monday
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all, my husband has just brought me my first coffee of the day. Even though I woke up naturally I really wanted to just snuggle back down again this morning. For a few years I used to wake up every morning in pain and completely lost that relaxed, happy, experience of just another 10 minutes (or half an hour) so now I tend to really savour it and enjoy it.
          We're going for our covid boosters later this morning and then hopefully to the allotment as the sun is already shining. I've got to go shopping for milk at the very least today.
          The weeding/wedding predictive text made me smile too. I could imagine everyone turning up in their weeding outfits on the big day. That would make for an amusing weeding album.

Comment

• Morning all

Well, you win some and lose some. My card game yesterday seen my silver pile well depleted but it was nice to have the whole family around the table together which was the main focus for the day.
            Was chuffed I had three veg from allotment on my Sunday dinner plate before I went.Mooli,cabbage and onions were the ones from allotment with carrots (bought) and pork chops. Its still a bit depressing only making dinner for one but luckily I enjoy cooking my meal as much as eating it.
            My Daughter invited me for Crimbo dinner at her place yesterday and I accepted the offer but I am thinking of changing that and cooking my own. I always have cooked for both me and Helen, so it will be strange just me and Kato here this Crimbo but I've got to get used to it.
            I seem to have loads of half finished projects on the go and its time to start trying to finish them. Might try and finish bathroom tiling today, we shall see!

TTFN
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning a cool start but the suns been out for the past hour not a shorts day like yesterday though.

Snadger Christmas is always going to be a difficult time but you do what you're comfy with xx

Don't think I'll get in the garden today other things to do instead never mind I did get to pick raspberries earlier on.

Enjoy your day
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I’m sure Xmas will be difficult Snadge - everything is flexible - make your final decision nearer the time x
                Sounds like you are a wonderful cook !

I’vejust taken a photo of our weather just now…very strange!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D1ACC0D2-328D-4FDB-8B86-E9C1FC2CDD98.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2534697

Comment

• Good morning all
                    The sun is struggling to appear but hopefully it will come out later.
                    Domestics this morning and then out to the park for a walk.

Snadgar, dont make any decision until nearer the time.

Eerie looking weather you're having Nicos.

Good luck with the vaccine this morning GF.

Have a good day all

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• We now have wall to wall sunshine!…lovely Took it’s time though

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Bright out, but very chilly this morning. Mr Snoop is going to have to do some tidying so the garage can be used for its proper purpose as the car, left outside, didn't want to start this morning.

Had to go into the village for boring stuff (post, doctor's, chemist's, that kind of thing). But it was lovely seeing the hills. Lovely in the autumn light.

Got a bit of work to do this afternoon. But it's a public holiday tomorrow, so got to get it done today.

I didn't see the smiles leave before I set off. It was just under 5 ºC and I'm pretty sure they were still tucked up in their sleeping bag. Not here now, so I'm guessing they left when it warmed up.

Hope you all have a lovely afternoon.

Comment

• Snadger I'd wait until nearer the time to decide about Christmas. It's still weeks away. No idea what we're doing yet but it's odds on I'll be cooking a dinner for friends and/or family or whoever wants to come.
                          We've just had our covid boosters (pfizer) in a big tent in a local supermarket car park. Very organised again and easy to park.
                          Off to the allotment now for a couple of hours.

Comment

• Morning all.
                            Chilly outside ATM though the sky is blanketed in cloud. No breeze to move it on either.

I'm thinking of taking my two apple trees out of their tubs and putting them in the ground instead. They'll be far happier and it will save a lot of watering next year. As they've been in the tubs several years I suppose each one is full of roots. Would it hurt to trim them a bit, do you think, or should I just dig huge holes and put the whole lot in?

Kettle's on by the way
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

A cool start here as well mothhawk just had a wonder around the garden, I don't hold out much luck for the 3 remaining cucs they're the size of my little finger so not sure if they'll grow much more but I'll give them a chance.

Can't give any advice about your apple trees MH never moved a established tree, maybe ask of the fruit forum.

enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Have an appointment for a pneumonia jab at 8.45. Never had one of those before and never had pneumonia before so here's hoping I don't get a bout after the jab! It must be all part of the protect the oldies that the NHS seem to favour?

After that do a tiny bit of shopping mainly for Kato's chicken legs or thighs that he likes with his dinner.

After that I am on babysitting duties for a 15 year old grandson suspended from school........so that should be fun

TTFN
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X