Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gf...I actually bought some pears this morning - cant believe we don't have any , nor apples, nor plums this year
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well I am a non-musician too. Can't sing for love nor money and got sent to piano lessons for five years and hated it....useless at it too. I can read music though and I am in awe of songwriters although not music without lyrics.
      I think it's been a weird year for fruit, I thought I had no plums but there was actually a dozen hiding. We've had loads of eating apples but only one solitary cooking apple and our cherries were very disappointing. A couple of dozen pears and our grapes are still being generous.

Comment

• No musicians in our family either.
        My son in law plays jazz and blues on his harmonica and is extremely good.

Got a couple of dozen plums from my container grown tree, last year I got none.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

Our daughters played piano we still have one in the living room but neither me or MrP can play, but its handy for displaying photos MrP has guitars, harmonica's and a didgeridoo. Me I can't even clap along to music

Today turned out to be a lovely sunny day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• evening all,thanks for the ideas,at the moment i cannot get to things,when the kitchen is done,and the kit all tidied away i will start,i have all i need to get started,i got several grow bags,plan is to cut em around and open up like a shallow raised bed,should be fine for lettuce onions,and maybe radish,still got flower buckets,hopefully another week,gas man coming to connect new hob thursday am,i also have to start filling shelves,had my ears tested again and do have some loss in both,now waiting for the new ones,as for the weather i see we keep being threatned with early snow,i also must pick the apples,a new game for me ,a friend wants to come for a visit,so all being well,i suggested why not for crimo and new year,better than on one's own for her,sooooooo,as soon as old kitchen striped out,it will have a very sharp make over,ready for her stay,she will have my family as well,night night ,sweet dreams
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Got a busy day ahead!….it’s OHs burpday next week and was our friend’s last week so we’re having a birthday bash outside as a joint birthday treat!
              Looking forward to roast pork with crackling and all the trimmings. I even have some Jerusalem artichokes in flower to make a nice vase for the table too!
              It’s supposed be be fairly warm which is fantastic

Good job it’s outside cos the house is a dusty mess again

Enjoy your day peeps - will try and get on later….it depends on how wobbly wobbly I get

Comment

• Morning all

Just watched 11 hours of non-stop boxing, partly on telly and partly on pooter. Can't catch up on sleep as I was drinking energy drinks to stay awake!

Dog to walk, dinner to make and eat then off to eldest sons for a family card game. He lives 40 miles away so hope I don't fall asleep driving (will have the window open) or even at the card table.

TTFN
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Enjoy your do, Nicos.

Morning all.

Bright sunshine out there and due to last all day. But definitely on the cold side in the night. Possibly a touch of frost in a cold pocket on the far side of the valley from the house.

Great day yesterday and hoping for more of the same today. Lifted the potatoes yesterday, but not a success. Got lots of dark patches inside most of them. Not many usable ones, but never mind. Today's gardening jobs: water and harvest the squash. Quite a decent number in the end. Certainly enough to see us right for winter. Will try and have a go at the tomatoes too if I have time later on. But tomorrow's another day if not.

The smiles shot off quite early today. They're taking the scenic route, they said. So even though they set off presto pronto, they'll be with you the same kind of time, apparently.

Have a great one all.

Edited: Sorry, Snadger. Didn't see you there. Enjoy the cards. Are you taking along all the silver you won the last time?
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 10-10-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Morning another sunny day here

That was along boxing match Snadger enjoy your card game.

Today a mix of house stuff, gardening and hopefully a walk later.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Bright sunshine but the temp is down.

Enjoy your card game Snadgar.

Nicos, hope the birthday party goes well.

We are out to lunch today.
                      Meeting up with my sons future inlaws to make weeding plans.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                        We are out to lunch today.
                        Meeting up with my sons future inlaws to make weeding plans.
                        That's very good of them, helping out with generally people's least favourite gardening job!

Comment

• Morning all,not long woke up,sun shining here as well,got to go shopping as i out of milk for starters,so much i want to do,but,it's like they say about eating,eyes bigger than,i admire how snadger is doing with his project,i hope i can get some focus back when my home is done,am getting my nest refeathered,and just takes time,one of these days i will be noisy again ,have a good day see U later.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Well, dropping back in again to say I've voted in the show. But the flowers were the most inspiring category. All absolutely gorgeous and if I could I would have voted for every single entry. Really made me think that I have to get my act together next year and make a start with flowers. But I've never grown any ever apart from zinnias when I was eight. Time to make a start. Can anybody recommend a book for total flower beginners, ideally with an emphasis on dry areas?

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

What a fantastic day!
                              Totally over eaten and I have to say that the crackling was exceptional .
                              Our guests were great company and both birthday boys clearly enjoyed themselves.

Its OHs actual burpday on Wednesday and I’ve not a clue what to buy him. Any ideas?
                              I guess we’ll go out in the camper of course!

Earlyish night for me….my face aches - I’ve been laughing too much

See you in the morning…

Comment

• Glad you enjoyed the crackling Nicos. Some things taste even better when you haven't had them for ages. On the subject of presents my husband still says the best one I ever got him was a flying lesson. He was in his 80s at the time. I could have booked it online but I wondered how good the flying school would be considering it was quite a lot cheaper to book direct than through these "experience" sites you find all over the internet. Therefore the first part of his surprise was driving out to the airfield, about an hours drive away, where he was treated like a VIP while I discussed options with the staff. I found out I could book a 4 seater for only a bit more than a 2 seater and so I could go up with them at no extra charge. I paid for it and was told the best thing to do was ring up a day or two before a day with a good weather forecast and book it. The day we actually went up was amazing.
                                I must say the meal I cooked tonight was a success, our guest had seconds of everything and got sent home with apples, pears and grapes. I also got more weeding done at the allotment this afternoon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X