Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop, I make pesto when I've got lots of basil. I make it in the food processor and then freeze it in some rubber (silicon?) ice cube trays I've got with biggish compartments. When it's frozen I put it in bags. When it's time to use it it's just a matter of "one lump or two". It freezes exceptionally well and tastes far better than any I can get in the shops.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 07-10-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Strange weather, 18 degs after a week of 9 and 10.
      Out for lunch today with my two school friends.
      No time to chat, catch you all later.
      Have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• 18°C here too and sunshine off and on. We're off to the allotment shortly to make the most of it. Just invited an old friend of my husband for a meal at the weekend which he seems really happy about.

Comment

• By the way, Nicos, is the "Ignore this" thread a test? Are you checking to see which cat is most likely to be killed by curiosity? If so, given my name, I think it's likely to be me. I couldn't ignore it and had to look... eventually...

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
            Snoop, I make pesto when I've got lots of basil. I make it in the food processor and then freeze it in some rubber (silicon?) ice cube trays I've got with biggish compartments. When it's frozen I put it in bags. When it's time to use it it's just a matter of "one lump or two". It freezes exceptionally well and tastes far better than any I can get in the shops.
            Thanks. I have loads. I had ten or so plants and let them go to seed. Ants carried off all the seeds and the plants threw up a whole load of new spikes. First time ants have ever done anything I approve of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              By the way, Nicos, is the "Ignore this" thread a test? Are you checking to see which cat is most likely to be killed by curiosity? If so, given my name, I think it's likely to be me. I couldn't ignore it and had to look... eventually...
              Where is it??seriously…????…..I lost it! It should have stayed in the mod section

TBH we’re having big complications behind the scenes trying to sort out the voting for the VVS
              No harm in people knowing - it’s just another eg of what goes on behind the scenes so that every day users find the Vine a comfortable place to visit.
              (A serine Swan gliding along whilst the feet are paddling away like crazy below the water , out of site!!!)
              Last edited by Nicos; 07-10-2021, 11:25 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Where is it??seriously…????…..I lost it! It should have stayed in the mod section

TBH we’re having big complications behind the scenes trying to sort out the voting for the VVS
                No harm in people knowing - it’s just another eg of what goes on behind the scenes so that every day users find the Vine a comfortable place to visit.
                (A serine Swan gliding along whilst the feet are paddling away like crazy below the water , out of site!!!)
                I clicked on the Latest topics button and it's supposedly in the Discussion section of the site. Though that seems not to exist. The "Ignore this" thread title is clickable, but it just takes you to the same place as when you click the Forums button. Good luck finding it. Maybe it's having an early drink at the Gardener's Rest.

Comment

• OK…thanks - ‘Discussion’ is one of the Mod sections…

The GR?…..why didn’t I think of that?….* scoots off….

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Have you got a steamer Bren for stripping your wallpaper?
                    We used to have one and it was also great for steam cleaning furniture / mattresses / spot cleaning carpets

Thats a brill bargain price for a dehydrator!
                    Always worth popping in isn’t it?
                    Nicos its more of removing the wallpaper and trying not to bring the plaster with it, one of the joys of having an old house.

I've used the dehydrator lots of times If I realised they were this handy I would have bought one years ago.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all

Just left your brew out for you Flo… I heard you tiptoeing around

Early start- the chimney sweep changed his appointment and is arriving in an hour! It’s pitch black!…I hope it’s light enough when he gets here!

No idea yet what today has in store- I’ll see what OH has in mind before I make plans.

We seem to be lighting the fire every evening now- and put the winter duvet on yesterday, so it’s really feeling Autumnal even though we’ve had a few warmer days.

Best get a wiggle on - can’t have the chimney sweep peeking through the bedroom window!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 08-10-2021, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Morning all

I have a flatpack sideboard laid out on the living room carpet. I took the pieces out the box last night, but after looking at it I thought "Nah, this is an early morning job assembling it, not a last thing at night job"
                        Anyway, enjoying my cup of tea, then dog walking, then will tackle assembly. Its for the camper and may need to be 'doctored' a bit to fit once assembled.
                        Pleased I managed to get the majority of my Crimbo shopping done yesterday at the Metrocentre with Daughter keeping me right! Got summat for everyone and just need a few finishing off presents either made or purchased from internet.

Have a good day folks and TTFN
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all,

Rather misty here this morning. i doubt much will be happening in the garden until sunday as we're rathe busy tomorrow but we shall see.

Happy friday all, have a nice weekend
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Snadger, you are so organised! I have got half a dozen new pudding basins but my sister turned up with those the other day (maybe a teensy weensy bit of self interest involved on her part).
                            Care home visit this morning and then hopefully carrying on with yesterday's weeding. I've now got a plot reweeded ready for the Autumn onions. Just need to get some onion sets now. With the recent rain the weeds came out so easily yesterday and the weather was wonderful, warm and balmy. I think there is the tiniest glimmer of hope that some of the figs might ripen!

Comment

• Morning all.

Got up late today but looking at the thermometer, there may have been a touch of frost down in the fields. But as I didn't actually see it, it doesn't count and didn't happen. Haven't been out to look at the basil yet... Making pesto is on the list for today, so fingers crossed it's OK.

We've had the range on for the last few nights. And swapped to the winter quilt a few days back. We've even got the fleece quilt cover on. Mr Snoop likes the snuggliness of it and the cats love it, of course.

Got to go into the village this morning but other than that, the day is pretty well my own. But I shall try not to hog too many of the smiles, but send them on their way once I've had a coffee.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                                Mild and grey here.
                                We are going to the funeral of a long time ndighbour this morning.
                                Meeting up with my daughter this afternoon to go clothes shopping.

Snadgar, you put me to shame you're o organised.

Have a good day all and Nicos, good luck with the chimney sweep.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X