Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning we have rain and its here for the day the garden really does need a good soaking and maybe the 'lawn' will go green again.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I think we’ve accidentally swapped lawns Bren!
      Not as blustery nor rainy here and definitely a bit warmer so it’s going to be an outside day for me today.

Cant seem to get motivated yet though…maybe I ate too much toast!

Time for another brew naturally!…help yourselves - there is some chocolate , treacle and ginger cake in the tin next to the kettle - nit quite as moist as Jamaica Ginger cake , but it’ll do!

See ya later peeps - enjoy your day.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Dull and breezy here but its not raining.
        No plans for the day but grandson is coming for lunch.
        Granddaughter got her first Pfizer vaccine yesterday, she is 17.
        My other granddaughter aged 18 got the Johnson one the week before.
        That only leaves my 15 year old grandson now.

My family are all back from holiday so everything is back to normal
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          Morning Mr Bones and all.

Not Mrs Beeton's, though I have a copy of that. It is a free ebook download - "A Plain Cookery Book For The Working Classes" by English Italian Charles Elmé Francatelli, who was, between other positions, chief chef to Queen Victoria for 2 years (google is a wonderful thing, likewise wiki).

It tickles me to find that cornflour then was known as "Brown & Poulson's prepared Indian corn".
          What a fascinating book! I've just found it online. I shall have a proper look at it later.

Walked the dogs and watered. Tried thinning out more of the beetroot. Managed to do about five before Frankie made it impractical to continue.

Cloudy today and quite a bit cooler. A respite for us and the veg patch. Very odd to see tomato plants with leaves made purple by the cold, rolled by the heat and crisped by the wind. Some of them are looking pretty terminal, to be honest. On the positive side, all the autumn and winter brassicas are looking perky.

Need to get my thinking cap on and decide what to do with the leeks. I went a bit enthusiastic when sowing the summer leeks... Might try and invent some kind of leek and courgette pie...

Anyway, got a busyish day ahead. So better step on it. Have a good one, everyone. You'll find the smiles flitting around the cake tin. They clearly think that'll do very nicely.

Comment

• Morning all. Late up today. We've got heavy rain at the moment. I've got a multitude of old cookbooks too. A favourite for me is an old W.I. book. I bought it years ago at a car boot sale and the previous owner had added lots of comments and notes. They had also rated a lot of recipes with 1, 2 or 3 ticks or a cross. Another old book of cookery and household management moans about managing without a servant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
              Florence Fennel yes, it alerts the member
              It didn't
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• That's odd, Florence Fennel. I get a notification telling me my name's been mentioned. Same kind of notification as when a post is quoted.

Comment

• Ah, got it Snoop Puss thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                    Florence Fennel yes, it alerts the member
                    Sorry Mr Bones - bit slow on the uptake today!

Comment

• Good Morning All Cool and cloudy here. Have a good day

Comment

• The sun is out again. Let's hope it dries things up a bit.

Comment

• Morning we have sunshine it does make a change after all the rain we've been having.

Some plants got a fair battering especially the sunflowers they're not looking to good.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Seems to be bright out? Hopefully I will get my lawns cut today. I also need to give my 'meadows' their annual cut. Because of the grass growth on these I will probably need to cut them in stages, lowering the cut each time. By 'meadows' I mean small areas of grass I purposely leave and often over seed with a wildflower mix.
                            The grass cuttings will be taken to allotment to be used as a mulch.

Dog walking first though so TTFN.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Not bright here, completely overcast. Felt quite a bit cooler earlier when I put the bins out. The wind has dropped too, so all those clouds are going nowhere fast. Hope they clear in time to see some of the Perseid meteor shower this week.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all

Pushed a four foot steel fence pin into the ground on Saturday (to support a sunflower), used my body weight to get it in the last bit and my ribs clunked followed by a sharp pain. Feels now like they could be cracked or broken, two of them are rather painful. Lesson learnt

Overcast today and the tiler is at it in the bathroom.

Happy Mondays
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X