Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Oh, gosh, Mr B. That sounds awful. Mr Snoop broke a rib once. Said it was awful. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. No laughing or coughing allowed. Hope it doesn't set your gardening back.

Looks like today's going to be relatively cool. Temperatures due to get very hot from Thursday onwards. Unfortunately, friends from Holland that we haven't seen for ages are coming on Saturday. No idea what we'll do. It'll be too hot to go out in the day and too hot at night to sleep properly (lows of 28 ºC forecast, madness).

Meanwhile, dogs walked, veg watered and all good Chez Snoop at the moment. Work beckons.

Have a good one, everyone. Not sure where the smiles are today. Some here, but lots went off when I was out with the dogs. I presume they're heading your way.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Definitely cooler here with temp of just 13 degs.
      Post office and the library are on my list of to do's today
      I need to feed the tomatoes and take some of the bottom leaves off.

Me Bones, that sounds very painful, take it easy.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mr Bones take it easy. Broken ribs are very painful. When my husband had multiple breaks in seven he ended up in hospital and on morphine for a few days about 3 years ago.
        I called in at Aldi for milk, cream and lemons this morning. We must be lucky. No gaps on the shelves and quiet.
        Off to the allotment next.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Ouch Bones!… I once fractured 3 ribs falling face first whilst skiing. I had my rather large camera tucked inside my jacket and landed on it
          Oh..and yes thanks…the camera was fine
          Its silly things like twisting to put on the seatbelt that you don’t even think about isn’t it?

Hope it’s not too painful x

Brings to mind the song ‘The toe bone’s connected to the shin bone’ (or whatever it is.)….etc etc doesn’t it?
          (A hot water bottle helps a tiny bit)

I’’m really looking forward to the meteor shower - I spotted one last night and made a wish, but I think they reach their max on Thursday/ Friday night? All dependant again on the clouds eh??

Think I might go out with the secateurs - I’m just in the mood for some destructive gardening

See ya later peeps….
          Last edited by Nicos; 09-08-2021, 12:18 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening

Today some gardening, had to nip to the shops then a walk so a good day for me.

Hope you're not to sore Mr Bones xx
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Had a great day, got loads done outside and it has a feel of summer again thank goodness
              . I really was starting to feel that autumn was here to stay

One of your smiles reached me midafternoon Snoop…I found one apple on an espalier tree

See you in the morning peeps - sleep well, especially you Bones

Comment

• Good Morning All It's very dark this morning, not sure whether it's the hour or rain on the way. Hope your bones haven't kept you from sleep Bones. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Better find the gamp, it's rain
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I dreamed that my husband told me the electricity was off as I awoke, and was therefore desperate for coffee immediately. I looked at the clock on my phone...6.30am. I got up and headed straight for the kitchen. The electricity was not off and hadn't been off (the clock on the cooker was correct). Logic eventually told me that my husband is not stupid enough to wake me to tell me that the electricity is off and then immediately drop back to sleep. The coffee is good however and haven't had to wait for it. The roofs and car are wet so we must have just had an unforecast shower.

Comment

• Morning all

Sun is shining but there is a bit of a nip in the air. Allotment later after dog walk. Loads of bags of hay to take with me to use as a mulch on beds.

TTFN
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• The weather now looks more grey and dismal than it did when I got up. I'm seriously considering putting the central heating on, shutting the curtains and burying my head in a good book. Hard to believe that it is August. What happened to those lazy, hazy, crazy days of Summer of yesteryear?

Comment

• Morning, quite Autumnal up here too, light rain forecast, with Thursday the only day when it's predicted to be dry, still light rain is good, water butts are full again, that will probably be enough to see out my greenhouse growing season.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Well…re the electricity gf…that’s the sort of thing my OH would do !

It rained here a lot in the night but it’s looking ok for the rest of the day in the garden.
                            Love your word ‘gamp’ Flo. Thinking of which, I should hunt mine out at some point.
                            My favourite is a huge golfing brolly - all different coloured stripes. Followed by a chinese style brolly with lots of panels.
                            That reminds me, I have a see through one somewhere! Need to find that too

Not had breakfast yet , but I’m fancying either a fried egg butty or porridge for a change.

How do you find hay works Snadge compared to straw drainage/ mulching-wise?
                            We will be cutting back our wildlife grass areas soon too once the seed heads have dropped as they are starting to collapse after the heavy rainfall.

must be time for another brew…

Comment

• Morning all.

Got a very busy day ahead, but these last couple of weeks of doing next to nothing have got me out of the way of getting stuff done. Finding it very hard to get going.

All this talk of cool weather... Well, today has started cool, so that's positive. Didn't walk the dogs today but did the watering. And gave everything a good feed in readiness for the tough week or so ahead.

Right, must try and get my head round work. Brunch first and maybe get some bread on the go. Glad at least one smile found you, Nicos. More on the loose. They're all rather intrigued as to what a 'gamp' is, Florence Fennel, so you might find a few round your way.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning a fresh start to the day here but its supposed to be sunny and 20c later rather than the rain that feels like is on its way. but we'll see.

Snoop I know what Flo's Gamp is but I'll leave it to her to say. I've never owned one and find them rather scary especially when I see two coming towards me.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X