Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. I's a bit grey outside, except in the east where the whole sky is a pink glow. Very pretty.

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Evening

Congrats on your weight loss mothhawk thats a third of your goal so you're doing really well.
    Those seven pounds were the easy ones. I think the next 13 will be harder as my willpower flags and the weather gets colder and the days grow shorter.

Kettle's on, bring your own biscuits (or toast!)
    Last edited by mothhawk; 13-08-2021, 04:46 AM.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Black Friday - Rabbits
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Friday marks the start of the weekend! the possibilities are endless - although even the best made plans can end in doing absolutely nothing!

I've got a bit of tidying to do in the greenhouse and need to whip some of the lower leaves off the tomato plants.

Happy Friday all!
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Congrats from me too on your weight loss MH - big thumbs up from me!

We had a lovely evening sitting out until gone 2am.
          Clear sky and plenty of shooting stars, but not as many as I’d expected as we had the fire pit lit and I think the light masked the fainter ones.
          Still, plenty of wishes made….and a couple for everyone on here in case you didn’t get to see them yourselves
          There were three whoppers with long lingering tails - those made my evening tbh.
          Also a few ‘star bursts’ , (most likely ones coming directly in my direction ) which were interesting to see.
          Saw the ISS and gave them a wave…. and loads of satellites too.

If I can get a kip this afternoon, I might just sit out again tonight…and yes it was cold and damp

Any one fancy a cuppa?….
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning we have a fair breeze so it feels a bit cooler today.

I had a few looks last night Nicos but it was to cloudy, will try again this evening, I'm happy to have seen the one I did.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all, wild and windy weather but its dry.
              Lots of handwashing done this morning g and out now in the breeze.
              A trip to the post office and then the supermarket are on the cards.Hopefully some gardening in the afternoon.

Mothhawk I find homemade soup is a great filler especially on the colder days.
              peggy omelette is also a good dish for any meal of the day,

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Extremely hot outside, but nice and cool in my troglodyte's dwelling. What a boon this is. Still wouldn't consider eating soup at the moment, mind!

Had a very busy morning. Finished my work and then went into the village with Mr Snoop to collect a delivery of bargain quality cake tins and trays and Mary Berry's Baking Bible.

Made some of Delia's muffins yesterday. She has a topping for muffins that includes 75 g of muscovado sugar in the crumble topping for six muffins. I made the mixture go further and put in about two-thirds of the sugar in the topping but stuck to what she said for the actual mixture. I'm not experienced enough to be able to just say how much sugar a mixture needs, so if anybody has any tricks on cutting down on sugar without altering the texture of cakes, I'd be really glad to hear them. Looking forward to trying some MB recipes.

I'm afraid I hogged a few of the smiles when I opened the delivery parcels, but I sent the rest packing. I hope they managed to find you.

Have a lovely rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Not bad weather today. Sorted a few jobs out this morning and then we went to the allotment. I picked a couple of kilos of blackberries while I was there which are now cooked and dripping through a jelly bag. We met a new allotment neighbour, a young lad who seems really nice and I gave him a few courgettes. He says he's a home cider brewer ......and we always have extra apples. I can see an interesting swap on the horizon!

Comment

• Evening its been a shorts and t-shirt day here so we've spent the whole time outdoors.

It looks like it might be clear out tonight so I'll be sky watching later.

Comment

• Very hot and sunny here today. I did sit out for a while but hid indoors in the afternoon.

Clear sky for me too Bren. I’ve just been watching the shooting stars again. I feel like a big kid but it always excites me until I get too cold.Hope you managed to see a few?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all
                        Had a hectic couple of days with electricians and out buying bathroom bits etc.
                        Light cloud and 15 degs at the moment.

Happy Saturdays
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• 16°C and heavy cloud at the moment but yesterday's strong wind seems to have gone. I am trying to decide what we're going to have for dinner tonight and am totally lacking imagination. I think something with new potatoes and salad. I must finish making the blackberry jelly as well by boiling it up with the sugar. It looks as if it's going to be a good year for blackberries.
                          Off to the allotment shortly while the weather is nice.

Comment

• Morning all.

Water up from the well and a quick outing with the dogs this morning. And now about a million other jobs to do. Friends from Holland are dropping in for a few days, so need to prepare for them. And I need to do it all soon before it gets too hot, so better get on the case.

With any luck, there will be time for a nap later... Sure hope so.

Smiles on the loose today. They didn't fancy hanging around here, so heading your way. Though I might see if I can tempt a couple back with an iced coffee. Now there's an idea...

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, it was to cloudy to see anything last night Nicos never mind.

Enjoy your visitors Snoop

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                              16°C and heavy cloud at the moment but yesterday's strong wind seems to have gone. I am trying to decide what we're going to have for dinner tonight and am totally lacking imagination. I think something with new potatoes and salad.
                              greenishfing how about a Italian Potato Salad I've made this one a few times and its tasty.

https://oursaltykitchen.com/classic-...-potato-salad/

Enjoy your day
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 14-08-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Good morning.
                                A dull and wet start to the day so chances of pitch and putt are looking slim.
                                Bren, that salad sounds lovely I may give that a try this evening.
                                Mr Bones, I bet you wont be sorry when your bathroom is finished.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...