Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just done the grory hop, now it's time for maple and pecan plait and a coffee.
    Hope your back soon heals Snoop.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Back from the outpatients appointment. My husband is now minus his sling and acres of bandages, just a much smaller dressing and some stockinette. He is now allowed to move his elbow and do GENTLE exercise but nothing too energetic......back for another check on it next week........ Off to the allotment now.

Comment

• Thinking off you Lottie x
        Carrie

Comment

• HI everyone,thank you so much all for the kind words and support,it all well very smoothly,the eulogist ? did an amazing job,given that it had to happen,it could not have gone any better,,next plan is concentrate on the move,eldest has lovely offers of help with storage,so it will be all moved over the next week,then i will be staying at his home for a short time,whilst the bungalow is cleaned,painted and some new carpets,ext,as it will be easier to do when empty,a new kitchen relocated kitchen,bathroom,and conservatory,will come next year,my car has been taken across this afternoon,ready for me,so it will not matter if the moving date IS not next friday,i will be gone,and come back for the hand over,unless keys can be entrusted to the agent,we will see,so far i am ok,and happy for my Billy xx
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Glad for you Lottie on all counts Hope your back is better soon Snoop. Good to hear your news too GF. Still dull and sticky here. Have a good Evening All
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening, LD, FF.

Glad you're doing OK, LD. Can't have been easy.
              Best wishes for the move and new home.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                Glad to hear everything went well for you Lottie.

We had a lovely day at the seaside with our friends.
                A long walk, lovely lunch and ice cream.
                The sun shone all day but it was really breezy.
                Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening
                  Pleased to hear all went well for OH GF .
                  Lottie , sounds like all.went to plan. As you say on with the move , good to get the place sorted before you move in.

Did food shop today and collected some compost for mum which il take when I pop over.
                  Weather has been showery and windy, still no sunshine. Could those hogging it please share. Need my vitD .

Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I can spare it for a couple of days CG, but you must promise to send it back!

I think I’ve given up on sleep for tonight.( I’ve been awake for a couple of hours already)
                    I even checked to see if it was a full moon
                    Infact it was a new moon so I couldn’t even blame that!

After a very long day in the garden we decided to nip out in the camper to a local beauty spot and just sit and read...and suddenly it was 10.15 so we had to leg it back to be home before the 11pm curfew! Couldn’t believe how light it was still.

I really need to do a Grory Hop before the busy weekend shoppers turn up - we’ve almost run out of milk and I could do with some salad things. * wonders what impulse shopping will also end up in the trolley

It must be time for a brew?...I’ll go and pop the kettle on.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday, Hot. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning
                        Is the kettle on ?

It's like October here, dark grey, cool and windy
                        I've 2 roses being delivered today, one for OH in memory of his mum (starlight symphony , she was very much theatrical and a a singer)also a rambler (says its called blue rambler).
                        Have done my slug snipping now for dog walks .
                        Enjoy your Friday .
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all
                          I woke early too Nicos (03.20) got up at 5.00 and watered the allotment. It was 17C when I went out, dark clouds and breezy. Plan to pop up Clumber for a walk this morning, hope we don't get rained off

Any chance of a cuppa
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all. I'll leave the kettle on, Mr B, in case you come back for a cuppa. Amazing this kettle, how it never boils dry. Must be because it came from the Gardener's Rest.

Very grey, occasional spots of rain and rolling thunder in the distance. Mr Snoop says he'll do gardening duties for me. Got me a good husband! Thinking I might have been a bit too successful on the snail and slug hunting. From collecting hundreds every night, last night I only got two and one slug. Starting to feel worried about the toads going hungry. Haven't seen the skink since, but there's certainly a slow worm living down a mouse hole (I saw it in the dark, so didn't get a clear look, the other option is a ladder snake, but it's rounder in profile than that).

Aubergines and pepper plants are looking sorry for themselves now. Wonder if the dark muck on the surface is absorbing too much heat and the roots are suffering even though there's plenty of moisture in the ground. The French beans are also struggling, climbers and dwarf ones.

So, on with the show. Hope you're all doing well. Plenty of smiles to go round today. Feeling cheerier today, myself. Talking to Mr Snoop does me good.

Comment

• Morning

GH low was 17.2c and that was with the door and louvers left open

Enjoy your stroll around Clumber MrB had a look at their website says they're the home of the National rhubarb collection I never knew there were that many varieties.

Enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I'm glad everything went as well as it could have done yesterday LD. I hope the move goes smoothly.
                                I was awake at the crack of dawn again for some unknown reason. It is very grey and cloudy here but there is no rain forecast.
                                I got a cup of coffee made this morning for the first time in a week. Somehow the first cup of the day always tastes better when I don't have to make it myself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X