This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning its Friday already the weeks gone fast

We've lit our stove these past couple of evening just seeing the flames makes the room feel warm and cosy, with that lit and the winter quilt of the bed the only thing missing is the electric blanket but it we'll put that on we have our first frost.

enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      Snoop, I make pesto when I've got lots of basil. I make it in the food processor and then freeze it in some rubber (silicon?) ice cube trays I've got with biggish compartments. When it's frozen I put it in bags. When it's time to use it it's just a matter of "one lump or two". It freezes exceptionally well and tastes far better than any I can get in the shops.
      Thanks. I've made it without parmesan or salt, will add those when I want to use it. I've frozen it in a bun tin for jam tarts, as I can't find our ice block trays. Tastes and smells yummy even as it is. Will have a look again for the ice block trays to make smaller amounts for dropping into soup.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your neighbour bramble. Hope it goes ok.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snoop, I got the silicon ice cube trays with lids in Aldi but I then got some hard plastic ones,2 in a pack, supposedly for baby portions of pureed food, with lids in the pound shop. However I had to line the hard plastic ones with cling film as they refused to part with their contents when frozen.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
            Good morning all,
            Mild and grey here.
            We are going to the funeral of a long time ndighbour this morning.
            Meeting up with my daughter this afternoon to go clothes shopping.

Snadgar, you put me to shame you're o organised.

Have a good day all and Nicos, good luck with the chimney sweep.
            Huh, me organised, you evidently haven't met me! I am so disorganised and have so many half finished projects on the go, it was nice to have the funds available and try and wrap up the majority of my Crimbo shopping which I usually leave to the last few days. My Daughter told me I had to get my act together this year and led me by the nose to make sure I did!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening

It's been a lovely sunny day here even warm with it, spent some time in the garden and GH mostly taking out plants that's finished and harvesting seeds for next year.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Not had much sleep- mainly because OH didn’t get back from their Irish gig until stupido’clock.fr.

He guessed it’d finish at midnight but was wrong and there was no signal for any of them to let peeps know.
                Imagine living in an area with no mobile phone service
                Yep…I know…it’s not that long ago I recall OH coming home with his first mobile phone -on loan from his firm - and he had to carry a small suitcase with it presumably containing the battery? Must be only 30 odd years ago…and look at them now, with cameras, Apps etc etc….that thing was ‘just’ a phone too!

Anyway…funny how at that time in the night/ morning you start looking at trees and ditches in your mind in a very different light
                But he’s back safe , exhausted and had a great time which is the main thing.

Quiet day ahead…the only thing I have to do is go and collect a joint of pork with skin attached for crackling.
                Not a big thing maybe to you, but they cut it off here and discard it….but there is an English butcher just started in the local village and he’s going to prepare it for me. And , he said he’s thinking of preparing an English section making bacon, sausages, maybe pork pies etc. Maybe I could persuade him to make haggis too??

Anyway…that’s later on -but first, it’s time for my first brew of the day
                Help yourselves!

Comment

• andMorning all

I need to devote a decent time to the allotment to catch up so if weather stays dry today, Bob's yrer Uncle.

Got my lawn cut yesterday and even though my back was playing up a bit I managed to get some work done on the camper. I'm waiting for strut ends to come so I can lift the Pop-top on it so once get that sorted I will be able to stand up inside whilst working on it.
                  Planted some Aubretia in ground on top of my dwarf dry stone wall in front of kitchen window at home.Hopefully this will cascade similar to my Thyme which hangs over the wall now.

I'm enjoying my morning cuppa, but after that, dog walking then off to lottie.

TTFN
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning it was misty earlier now its clearing it going to be dry for the rest of the day.

Nicos thats good news about the new butcher I know you miss English bacon, I've not tried haggis not sure why though I've tried most other meat items.

Being able to stand will make working on your camper much easier on your back Snadger, what does Kato think to being inside it,?

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• It was a very Misty start here too…the perfect effect for a horror movie!

Interestingly the chooks must feel we are heading towards winter- we had no eggs yesterday for the first time. Probably just as well as we have a mountain to get through again

Comment

• Grey here too and the weather forecast has changed again to a 47% chance of showers. They are wrong so often I just want to know why 47%. I did another load of weeding yesterday and actually fed the Padron peppers as they are still giving plenty little peppers although a larger percentage are now hot. I picked lots more apples yesterday and got thumped on the head by a couple. I also picked nearly all the remaining pears and gave some away to one of the old men at the allotments who gave me a lovely looking cabbage. I'll go down to the allotment again when/if this murk clears.
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 09-10-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Dull and grey but its dry.
                          Out for a game of pitch and putt with my sister.
                          Not a lot done in the garden except deadheading the dahlias.
                          Cut down the sweetpeas, they all finished flowering and collected some seed.

Nicos, is your OH a musician.
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Had a lovely start to the day. Brilliant walk with the dogs and Frankie, grapes on the way and an admire of the quince on the way back. They're turning yellow. I always thought quince were for picking a fair bit later, but these guys are looking nigh-on ready. Frosts towards the end of the week where the tree is, I reckon. Will go and have a sniff in a couple of days and see how they smell. I need to start bottling/canning. The freezers are full, pretty well.

Yesterday's pesto was a success. I had seven plants, it turns out. The picture is the basil from three. The kitchen smelt heavenly. Some for lunch yesterday and the rest in a somewhat concentrated form in the freezer, to be 'watered' down with more oil and cheese added to it when I use it.Today's gardening jobs: go round the winter greens with a watering can and lift the potatoes at long last.

Click image for larger version

Name:	basil.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	2534529

Hope the weather does its bit and you all manage to have fun on your plots today. Sounds like you're having a great time with your camper, Snadger.

Enjoy your pork joint, Nicos. I'm not much of a fan of crackling, personally. But I think I'm in a minority of one. Maybe you'll start a local fashion for it. The butcher would thank you for it.

Right, on with the show, I reckon. I've had the smiles here for long enough. Time they headed off in your directions. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                              Nicos, is your OH a musician.
                              Nah -its his hobby but he was pretty darned good with the flute at school.

I cant sing - well I physically can, but cant hold a note and have rubbish timing Even as a toddler I was well out of time with a wooden spoon and pan lid
                              I had piano and guitar lessons as a teenager and was rubbish at those too Pity.

Do we have any musicians on the Vine?...no one I can recall has mentioned that.

Comment

• Snoop - that's a fantastic supply!
                                Do you have a recipe to share please?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X