This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    We seem to have a stonkingly lovely day here. Sunny, warm breeze…perfect gardening weather!

I’d done so much yesterday that OH actually suggested I sit out and read this lunchtime. Should I?
    (* wonders what this is leading to, if anything!)
    I probably will cos I can’t see there will be many more days like this left this summer.

Happy burpday to Peteyd’s lad…..get stuck into that cake….you know he( you) really want to!

I may well have joined you, but my ginger cake has all gone. I would suspect Snoops smiles pausing here en route to everyone else, but I think there may well be another culprit …and we all know who he might well be eh?

Eyes, ribs, shoulders……sending positive vibes to you all, although you may prefer a pice of cake?…I do actually have some rather yummy blackcurrant cake in the freezer…hmmmm….

Fingers crossed with your MOT MH…I always hold my breath with my 21 year old car. Thank goodness they are only every 2 years here.

Right…iced water for me at the moment…* grabs book and specs….. see ya later peeps.
    Last edited by Nicos; 11-08-2021, 10:22 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
      It my little boys birthday so we have been opening presents and cards this morning. I'm just trying to work out how early is acceptable to start demolishing birthday cake!
      Any time, so long as it's not so early it's the day before!

Comment

• Good Morning All I should have been WFH today and tomorrow, but we have a manager on leave and another is having to isolate, so I've got to go in. Bit brighter this morning. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, FF. Morning all.

Up early as I've got a really busy day today. Loads of work, buns for a gift and a trip into town to pick up some stuff. Mr Snoop walked the dogs for me this morning, and I did a very quick once around with the watering can. Quick because it actually rained yesterday evening. Not much, but a bit. Low last night of 20 ºC. Everything feels lovely and cool this morning. But the heat wave is due to start today. At least it's not expected to be very windy, which is a boon.

Right, on with the show. Mr Snoop has made coffee and toast with lovely salted butter and marmalade. Get it while you can... I've been making inroads. Smiles are keen to be off north before the sun really hits. Hope they reach you. Have a good day.

Comment

• Morning

My Thursday Grory hop first after that not to sure yet.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            I’’m really looking forward to the meteor shower - I spotted one last night and made a wish, but I think they reach their max on Thursday/ Friday night? All dependant again on the clouds eh??
            It was to cloudy last night but we did see on the night before so we'll try again this evening. Has anyone else had much success?

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like the sun and smiles are about to arrive here snoop.
              I’ve had watermelon and yogurt followed by toast with lots of salty butter too , but mine had homemade bramble jelly.

We had clear skies last night but knowing I am in for a late night tonight I went to bed early. It’s still too light to see the stars properly here at 10.15

We have a friend coming over tonight for super hot curries. Eating outside followed by star gazing, so today I’m making a turkey, coconut and mango curry to go with OH’s lamb curry, Dahl etc..
              Looks like we should be in for our first warm evening in weeks, but we’ll no doubt light the fire pit to help counteract the damp.

I spotted one shooting star a few days ago Bren and made a wish…can’t tell you what cos it might not come true but yes, it did involve something with 4 wheels which we’ve been exceptionally frustrated about for weeks now

More gardening for me today, but not to the point of exhaustion for a change!

Hope your heatwave isn’t too aggressive Snoop…
              Last edited by Nicos; 12-08-2021, 08:12 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. It's a beautiful sunny morning.
                Off for a fasting blood test this morning.
                Catch you all Later.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning everyone, bright but cooler today...is summer over do you think? Believe it’s to be cloudy tonight so no meteors. I’ve been trying to see these things for years but it’s always been cloudy!
                  Domestics for me today...late grocery delivery which I hate but at least I don’t have to go to the supermarket!
                  Have a great day and I hope you get to see those meteors tonight. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Wonderful sunny morning here. We should have been going to a funeral this morning but it has been postponed due to the widow having caught coronavirus. It must be quite rampant around here as there is still no visiting in the care home where another of the in-laws is as they have now got another two cases.
                    We're off to the allotment shortly, taking advantage of the weather.
                    If I'm awake in the early hours I'll have a look out for the meteor shower. I have only once seen a really good show, twenty odd years ago in Spain in Winter ( I remember shivering). It really was magical.

Comment

• Very busy day yesterday, had a lot of fun playing in the garden with little mans new toys! I decided that an acceptable time was lunchtime to start on the cake (on the right day !)

Shame about the funeral greenishfing, it's a difficult enough time without Covid thrown in too.

Hope all have a good day
                      ​​​​​​​
                      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Afternoon all. Got my car back today. It needed a new spring and a few bits and bobs, otherwise OK. Cut the lawn today. There's getting to be far too much hawkbeard in it, so I've mowed off the flowers so they can't seed all over everywhere.

Every mention of toast has me drooling, since I gave up bread (and potatoes) at the start of July till I've lost at least 20lbs - 7 down, 13 to go But I've all this lovely H/M jam and marmalade glowing at me from the cupboard shelf, begging to be spread on a well toasted slice of H/M bread. Sigh.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• That's good going, mothhawk, seven pounds since the start of July. Congratulations.

Comment

• Evening

Congrats on your weight loss mothhawk thats a third of your goal so you're doing really well.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              Spent an enjoyable evening blowing bubbles with my grandson.
                              It really does lift your mood being around small children.
                              Have brought him home and we are now having a very late dinner.

Mothhawk, great weight loss and great will power. Well done.
                              Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Dark is my only observation of the weather. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X