Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too hot for us today. We went to the allotment this morning and watered and did the bare minimum. I left hubby at home due to the heat and went to do the grory hop. As I circled the car park looking for shade for the car I realised how few English people do this. I actually found full shade though.
    So happy that I no longer need to buy lettuce, rocket, cucumber etc. Annoyed that the tomatoes won't change colour though.

Comment

• I’m just about to collapse in the bath and have a refreshing warm soak.
      we’ve sorted about 12 boxes for charity, plus 10 full of books for the second hand bookshop( yup - they are more than happy to take English books) and a trailer full of broken,mouldy, biodegraded or mouse eaten ‘stuff’
      Its only taken us 3 days nonstop
      The 20 or so checked are stored back in the barn and we’ve got about 15 more to go through but that’s for another time.
      I was soooo chuffed that I found 6 jigsaws from 12 or more years ago and I really like them, so that’s me sorted for quite a while

Right the bath is beckoning…the nice thing is that the bathroom has floor to ceiling windows I can open and look into the garden from the bath! Te he…

keepcool and hydrated peeps - and don’t forget to leave water out for the wildlife as well as the birds.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Not quite as hot today although it has suddenly got humid!

My little boy has become obsessed with "Nails" (snails!), fortunately, I seem to have no end for him to collect in his little bucket.
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good Morning All Scorchio, melting already. Very dull. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Slight mist and damp with dew this morning.
            Off to pick up more rabbit poo later..

Have a good day
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.
              Nice fresh breeze here earlier, but starting to warm up again now. Everything watered that needs it, and charity stuff from the glory hole clear-out yesterday put out by the kerb for collection today.
              Have a good day all, and keep cool
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Brought up water from the well this morning, dispensed it liberally and followed up with a bit of feed for everything but the brassicas planted out yesterday. All looking very perky this morning. Hope they're the same come the weekend. Going to get hotter still, apparently. We hit 40 ºC in the shade yesterday... Who'd be a cabbage sitting out in the sun, only to be eaten a few months down the line? Rain forecast for Monday and Tuesday, but I won't believe it till I see it.

Busy paid-work day ahead, but the bank manager will be happy a few months down the line. So no complaining from me today.

Have a good one, everyone. Smiles over by the freezer today. I reckon you'll all be up for iced coffee today, so thought I'd leave them there so you can grab them as you go by.

Comment

• Morning
                  My overnight GH temp was 18.4c thats the warmest yet this season, it felt a bit cooler out early on but the temps on it way up now.

enjoy your day
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another hottie for us too again.
                    Off in a sec to the second hand bookshop….then in totally a different direction to the charity shop in the air conditioned car. Bliss

Iced coffee Snoop?…not had one of those for years! Mmmm, lovely idea.

See ya later peeps…

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Another hot day here.
                      All plants watered, fed and shaded.
                      Glad my greenhouse has double doors, it makes a real difference in the hot weather.
                      Have a good day all and stay cool.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Last night some of the buttons on the remote control for the tv decided to stop responding (the important ones of course). As my dismantling of the remote for the hd recorder last Summer was a success I decided to have a go at this one. Apart from a couple of chunks out of my thumbnails due to using them as mini crowbars it was a successful job.
                        Off to the allotment now. It's overcast here today but feels airless and sticky.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Flaming cats!! In fact it makes me think twice about buying a new car.! I am a cat lover but one has decided to use the passenger front and rear doors on my black Corsa car as a scratching post!

I can only imagine it spotted its reflection in the car doors and decided to have a fight with the intruder. Luckily its a reasonably old 2010 Corsa which I was thinking of trading in for a new car. If it had ruined the paintwork on a NEW car I would not be best pleased.
                          Its Helen, my wife's funeral tomorrow so I have just had to do the best I can with the doors as I will be following the hearse with it.
                          Just wish it was all over and done with and I can start coming to terms with it.

Apologies for putting a downer on thread but at my age you just say what you think and b****er the consequences.

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• So sorry Snadge. I hope you manage to get through it all and I am sure Helen would not be remotely bothered by the cat damage. In the grand scheme of things it really is unimportant. My hubby's younger brother died yesterday and he is struggling now as he hasn't seen him for well over a year due to covid and the brothers health problems, but if we have loved somebody and done our best what else can we do???? Remember the good times please !!!!

Comment

• I'll be thinking about you and your family tomorrow Snadger xx
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• In my thoughts Snadger x
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X