This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

Funeral went well. Managed my eulogy without breaking down and my pall-bearing duties also. Church funeralell attended and well organised by funeral director and priest.I will go and visit grave once it has been reinstated and the floral tributes added.

Back to normality and trying to keep busy at home. Hung the washing out and potted on five different coloured chrysanthemum plants into 8 inch pots. The plan is to grow them in pots sunken in border then if frost threatens at flowering time I can lift them and put them into greenhouse to flower. Need to add some stakes because I live in a windy area.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I'm glad things went as well as they could and that you are coping. Look after yourself.

Comment

• Glad it went well. Snadger

Comment

• Glad it went well Snadger, been thinking of you.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good to hear you coped Snadger. Just made an Apple pie for the MIL so dripping in sweat. I suppose she's worth it though she gets more cantankerous by the day! Have a good evening All
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all,pleased it well well for you snadger,
              How much hotter can it get,have slept/dozed most of the day,take care everyone,night night.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Glad you got on ok Snadger.

Managed to cut the grass and what the sprinkler on before work so was actually a productive afternoon!
                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday It's dark this morning and only 15 degrees. Cool Have a good day All
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Well yesterday was a terrible day for the veg patch and today is going to be another like it, possibly worse. We hit 41 ºC with strong winds yesterday. Today the forecast is for hotter and windier still. Thank goodness for courgettes, I say, because otherwise I'd be wondering what the point was! More tomatoes and a few peppers removed due to blossom end rot. I've got dozens of tiny peppers forming, but it'll be a miracle if they form naturally after this weather. I wont mention everything. It'd be a litany of frazzled things. I went to bed at 2 am and it was still 30 ºC.

Anyway, nothing to be done about it except give everything a good water and hope for the best.

Lots to do today, so better shake a leg. Have a good one, everyone. The smiles are a bit sluggish today, but I reckon if I tell them FF says it's cool where she is, that might encourage them to get a move on.

Comment

• Morning all
                      Glad we don't have to endure your temperature and conditions Snoop, I don't think I'd cope.

Slept much better for it being a bit cooler and less humid last night.
                      Not sure what's on the cards for today

Happy Fridays
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• It was too hot for me to sleep here last night. I ended up getting up in the early hours and coming to sit in the lounge in a recliner in front of a fan for an hour. Quite a lot cooler this morning. I don't know how you cope snoop.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like another scorchio here but we have thin cloud cover this morning. Your definition of scorchio Snoop makes mine pale into insignificance

Quiet day for me ahead…just some gentle pottering as I think/ know I’ve been overdoing things recently in the heat. At least the barn is looking much tidier and things more accessible- in parts at least

Kettle’s on and it looks like some of the smiles have hunkered down next to my biscuit barrel - help yourselves to both …we don’t want the choccie biscuits melting again do we?

See you later peeps…
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Snoop and heres me thinking its hot here I can cope in the day but like others its sleeping that difficult, we have the upstairs windows open on catches trying to make a through draft then have lifted the loft hatch hoping the hot air will rise and go out through eave vents.

Its supposed to be cooler this weekend.

Enjoy your day
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It’s deffo going to be cooler Bren (and most probably raining) cos Flo won’t be at work!!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

Warm again but it's slightly misty.
                                We could hear the fog horns from the ships during the night,
                                Budy morning, need to visit pist office, pharmacy and grocery store.
                                Stay cool all and have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...