Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH has just announced he’s going to cut the front lawns if they are dry enough!
    ’Lawns’ as in 10” long grass
    He may be some time!

One is about 60% moss so we’re going to be attacking that soon too with a spiky roller whatever that is officially called!

Has anyone cut their lawns yet?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos lately our 'lawns' been to soggy to even walk on without it turning to mud

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning! Same here Bren, ours is like a paddling pool after yesterday’s torrential rain!!
        Its sunny but windy this morning, going for a walk. The jacket I had on yesterday is still soaking wet, that’s how bad the rain was.
        Anyhoo, enjoy your day. Belated Happy Birthday to Mrs G and you shouldn’t have too much longer to wait for the baby to be born Nicos!
        sigpic

Comment

• I was thinking of mowing the lawn,it seems dryish hasn’t rained you know...look how close this neighbours put his shed!! I hope it does rain now,just in Braintree not where you all live,have a good day with happy thoughts. Strimming first might help with the lawn,sometimes it’s a bit wet lower down.

Comment

• Is that over 6 ft high? ... I thought there was a max height limit in the UK without planning permission?

I’d be tempted to paint that top bit white and put up trellis ASAP so they can’t go over the boundary.

in our old house our neighbours did much the same but it didn’t block put extra light. I asked them how they were going to paint wood preserver on their side of the fence and their shed ... they’d not even thought of that!

Comment

• Evening all, been a pleasant day here, I did some tidying up in the garden, pruned off the dead stuff on the thornless blackberry and took the old growth off the autumn raspberries, didn't need a coat or a fleece in the weak winter sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                ... Has anyone cut their lawns yet?
                Cut it ... not even planted it yet

No news I presume

ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• Morning, another wakeful night...birds are twittering so guess that’s me not getting back to sleep!
                  Happy Monday everyone. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Morning Jay and all.

JJ the max height of a shed next to a boundary is 2.5 metres. Any chance it's more than that? He'd have to take it down, move it, or lower it.

On the bright side, be glad it's plain brown. My neighbour put up a shed home built out of white and black coated ply. I've had to let my hedge grow to 8 feet to hide it, which makes it a pig to clip.
                    Last edited by mothhawk; 22-02-2021, 07:08 AM.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

no news.....

Lawns not cut yesterday but we did manage to do 9 hrs of weeding and cutting back between us so the front of the house is starting to look better at least. Still loads to do there but we have rain forecast for today.
                      Lovely to see the spring flowers coming up and buds on the shrubs.
                      I’ve decided not to buy any geraniums this year to go in the planters but bought in dwarf nasturtium seeds instead, so they should still look pretty - and save a fortune too!

Have a good Monday peeps - it’ll be March this time next week!

Comment

• Morning all

Feeling my aches and pains after my allotment exertions yesterday and scrounging a neighbours broken fence for firewood.

Dog walk this morning should loosen things up a bit.

Take care all and TTFN
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Raining out, as forecast, so no doing anything outdoors today. Better find something to do indoors. No greenhouse or shed, so sowing is pretty well out of the question. But I'm sure I'll find something.

Fingers crossed for news today for everyone expecting it.

Have a nice day, whatever you're up to.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here too. Have a good day All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning we have rain as well its supposed to stop in a couple of hours but we'll see.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning dry here, but very dull, don't think the grass is dry enough for a cut yet, might do some more tidying up outside later, take care all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X