• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All 5 degrees here, positively balmy. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.
      The mild air and cold,cold ground have made it very foggy here. I don't mind, I like to walk in the strange stillness and quiet of a good thick fog.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning its mild and foggy here as Mothhawk not been far only to the gate for milk.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, the snow is slowly melting here, perhaps a good thing it might reduce any flooding, still cold out there though, take care all and enjoy the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Just reread Snoop's post about no almond blossom...oh dear - have all the local trees been affected?
            No, just the ones in our valley. It's notoriously cold down here in comparison with the rest of our district. Has its advantages though: cool at night in summer. Does make it very difficult to keep trees down here. We've had a lot of tree deaths due to cold and wet. You'll all think me disgraceful but I'm actually thinking of having a couple of olive and almond trees uprooted higher up so I can put some fruit trees in. In my defence, the locals would think it a good idea.

Started off bright here, but clouds are sweeping in. Feels like it's going to be a cold day. Would help if I shut the door, mind.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

All our snow has been rained away!....I’m actually rather pleased now to see the lawns ( which very much need cutting!)
              I’ve spotted a small clump of snowdrops and primroses I hadn’t seen before the snow, so that’s lovely!

I love the muffled sound of fog too MH. We don’t seem to get it here- mostly morning mist from the valley.

Remember the smog from childhood days? Not so much for me but OH lived in a more industrial area as a nipper and he remembers going to school in thick yellow smog.
              My Granny used to have to wash her net curtains by hand every week to wash the soot out of them.
              Thank goodness those days are gone!

Cake making for me today....I have 5 dozen eggs to do something with
              Last edited by Nicos; 15-02-2021, 09:55 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Much, much warmer here today, the sun keeps breaking through and the bitter wind isn't trying to bite my face off. The frozen ground has started to defrost and is now a mud bath on the surface.

Comment

Mornin n’alln’all

Cake making for me today....I have 5 dozen eggs to do something with
                  That's a lot of eggs

if you're stuck google "12 egg pound cake recipe" I've not baked it but I remember a neighbour giving me a piece
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Bren!
                    Will deffo give that a try.

Frustratingly no baking today....been pulled aside to help with the fitting of the camper’s air vent...I’m just hoping we can get some of the dents out of the roof now

Comment

• Interesting the grandparent name thing. I’m nana (surname) to all my grandchildren and my two great grandchildren, usually shortened to Nan. My daughter has chosen to be called grandma. To be honest I find this very aging especially as she is a very beautiful woman who doesn’t look her age.

Today has been a lot warmer and I’ve had the back door open for about 4 hours so the dogs could go out and play.
                      Last edited by JanieB; 15-02-2021, 05:00 PM.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Oh yes, and almond blossom. I was over at my daughters last weekend (they’ve just moved in) and they asked me to identify plants. They have an “app” that does this but it came up with too many alternatives. It’s an almond. I know it’s an almond. My daughter’s oh isn’t going to believe me until it produces nuts.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• OK...so I did eventually end up in the kitchen as I wasn’t really needed much on the camper.
                          Special request was lemon cake, blackcurrant cake, coco and chocolate slab and crystallised ginger buns.
                          One dozen eggs later..... I still have 4 dozen to go!...ha ha ha!
                          I do still fancy trying your cake Bren , espesh as I found a recipe using a dozen egg yolks rather than a dozen eggs. Boy, I bet that is rich!

oh...and still no baby!
                          I suggested my daughter tells everyone her due date is in another two weeks to stop peeps from asking!

Comment

...lemon cake, blackcurrant cake, coco and chocolate slab and crystallised ginger buns.
                            so wheres ours
                            ntg
                            Never be afraid to try something new.
                            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                            ==================================================

Comment

• Just on the kitchen peninsula ...do feel free to help yourself !

Comment

• Remember waiting for VC’s pups!!! Not that I’m comparing Nicos!!
                                Just popped in to see if there had been any news.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X