Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Big hello to LD, seeing as she hasn't been in for a few days.

Was thinking yesterday that it was getting towards time to start thinking about sowing seeds. Ground rock hard this morning after a really heavy frost. So that knocked that idea on the head. Our almond trees are going straight to leaf, no blossom. Must have got killed off by frost at some point along the line. The tips of the fig tree have gone too. But that will make more, so not the end of the world.

Got plenty to do today. So better get a move-on. Have a lovely day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Nah,....I meant that Spring is on its way!

What ya like?

Absolutely no news at all...she ( baby) knows when she’s onto a good thing with all that snow and frost about the place!
      Having said that...the excitement is killing me!

A question for all ....

What names did you call your grandparents...and if you have grandchildren, what do they call you?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all,no moving date YET Jay,and MR ok thankyou,i will be monitoring the emails again tomoz for some news ,bad news about your trees snoop,what i have NOT heard mentioned on here this is year,how good the cold is for the leaf munchers,so maybe the cold has done us favours in another way,well,somebody had to say it,lets look on the brighter side eh,i was really pleased with myself last night,i got the place vacumed,dusted and tidied up best i could, felt like i had achieved something useful,now i am thinking of cake,some for my tum ,and some for the freezer,good old kenwood and my girls ,hope you get some news soon Nicos and all goes well,have a good day all,stay safe and lets Bgood2ourselves
        Last edited by lottie dolly; 14-02-2021, 11:32 AM.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

I called my grandparents Nana and Gramps, Nicos. Nana with the stress on the last syllable - nannar .

Nana means something different in French though, so possibly not good for you.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good day all, Still lashing rain here with a driving wind, Glad all is going well for you Lottie.
            Nicos, it must be hard with all this waiting.
            My first two grandchildren called me nana because my mother was still alive and they called her granny.
            My last two now call me granny as my mother is no longer with us and I probably look like a granny.
            This last little one is using my Christian name as he is hearing others calling me by name.
            A new episode and a very special one in your life.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, mulling over the same question as Nicos! I don’t feel like a granny although I certainly look like one!! . My daughter suggested Bug (connected to my given name). I kind of liked it but my mother in law was horrified!! LOL Maybe I’ll go with that!! x
              sigpic

Comment

• I had a grandma and a granny.
                My mom was grandma to my children and although I’d always thought I’d like to be called grandma , it would seem strange at this stage to take on moms ‘name’ seeing as it’s not so long ago since she died , and is still waiting for me to scatter her ashes!

At this rate little’un will be talking by the time I get to see her!

I’ll step back and let her other grandma choose her preference first....she will be spending more time with her, so it seems fair.

Pappi is a friendly French grandpa name, but I have to chuckle cos each time I hear it I think of farting!!!!

Still no news....

Comment

• Jay...my son couldn’t say the word grandma for ages, so just called her Mamog for the first year or so.
                  It sounded so sweet!

When is your little’un due....pretty soon if I recall?

Comment

• Middle of March Nicos, no idea when we will get to meet the little one...so upsetting but thank goodness for FaceTime!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• I like the name pappi it so warm and friendly,past times it was always grandma and grandad,i vowed not to be called that,it was said i would be nana,but over the last 27 + years,i get variations,nan,nanar nana,nany and grandad leicester,it does not matter so long that it is said in respect,i have heard from the past that my grandad was refered to as grandad with the lid,on account of the cap he wore,that way,when they get to talking age,you know to whom they are refering,when we moved the GGkids will have to adapt to sumat else,or just stick with nan,who cares,as long as its respect,the child does not need to have the same ref for both sets of grandparents,just as we all have our own names,so all grandparents to be,go with what suits you,or whatever adaptations the little makes as speech arrives,have fun

sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I’m Grandma to all my Grand and Great Grandchildren, but they add something to differentiated me from other Grandmas. So to my Grandchildren I’m Grandma Cats, because I had cats and to the Great Grandchildren I’m Grandma Bunnie for the same reason.
                        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• My first grandchild tried my choice of Granny, but it came out as Nanny and stuck. One of my Granddaughters called me Nannywiththebluedoor when young. Golden Girls still call me Nanny, the others call me Nan. Himself is Granddad to all of them. My grandparents were Grandma and Granddad and my mum was Mommar to my children
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            Morning all.

I called my grandparents Nana and Gramps, Nicos. Nana with the stress on the last syllable - nannar
                            Same here I’m Nannar to our grandkids and MrP was called Dad-dad, but as they grew up it changed to grandad.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all, snow is slowly melting, a little bit of rain and a strong cold win off the sea, so not going out for a walk today, it must be warmer, but it doesn't much feel like it, forecast some sunshine for tomorrow, so we might try again for the chemists if the roads are clear, some are still closed with snow at the moment. Stay safe and warm all.

Comment

• Just reread Snoop's post about no almond blossom...oh dear - have all the local trees been affected?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X