This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

We make pasta usually its tagliatelle to eat with a bol. its mixed then shaped using a Kenwood chef Pasta maker. Like Nicos says it really does beat dried.
    Interesting you say that. I was watching "two greedy Italians" (?) and they were saying the exact opposite ... funny how folks tastes differ isn't it
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Bren, do you have the pasta maker that squidges the dough out through dies or do you have a roller/cutter? I have a roller and cutter but I'm very tempted by the squidger (more properly known as a shaper, apparently)...
      It looks a bit like a mincer and fixes on the front of a Kenwood by using dies you can do tagliatelle, spaghetti or other fancy pastas. Think we’ve had it for 40 year at least.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon.
        had a lovely river walk this morning , the girls met a lively boy called Ted who was huge . i can't remember his mix but part was mastiff. He looked more wolfhound and collie . Towered my labs but they were more than happy to play with him , we let the 3 run around for a while, he was only 16months and been timid meeting dogs as was attacked as younger pup. Hopefully he got a bit of confidence meeting our two today.

Then went to local family run dog food place and got bird food at the same time , been making my own bird cake recently .
        Then for milk at little shop and seed compost for mum and violas for my front pots from garden centre all very close together so no big stores and helping local businesses survive. They sell toys in gc so OH got himself a little toy excavator . Not sure how good that'll be at excavating .

Time to walk dogs again.
        Northern England.

Comment

• I see the bubble is working . Just tried Bren's post .
          Well done admin team
          Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

It looks a bit like a mincer and fixes on the front of a Kenwood by using dies you can do tagliatelle, spaghetti or other fancy pastas. Think we’ve had it for 40 year at least.
            Well, that's a recommendation and a half. Forty years! I've been trying to buy one for a while now but they're like hen's teeth. I'll hold out till one comes up rather than looking at alternatives. Thanks so much for the info.

Comment

• Good evening all.
              A very cold but dunny day and we had a lovely walk.
              Checked the propogator this afternoon and 12 of the sweetpeas have germinated so far.
              I filled up some modules and put them in for the soil to heat up.
              I will be sowing some early tomatoes over the weekend.
              Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mmmh. I have an ancient Kenwood. It has a lot of gadgets, bean slicer, potato peeler, mincer, sausage filler etc. It’s a good old workhorse and makes occasional heavy work a lot easier especially when preparing food for freezing. I have never come across a pasta maker for it.

My daughter has tried to make me chuck it out several times as, according to her, I hardly ever use it. But that’s the point. When I have heavy duty cooking prep to do it does a job that none of my other modern machines can do. I could buy a modern one for about £300 but it will do the same job as the machine I already own.

I’ll see if I can find a pasta maker for it. Fresh pasta is much nicer than dried.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Hope you find one Janie,
                  am thinking I could just tuck into a bowl of pasta now!!!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Hope you find one Janie,
                    am thinking I could just tuck into a bowl of pasta now!!!
                    My favourite fast food, pesto pasta. I make my own pesto and freeze it . The recipe is from a friend from Naples.
                    Last edited by JanieB; 22-01-2021, 10:46 PM.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Pasta and pesto. I'd eat that any time of day, even breakfast. Perhaps even especially breakfast!

And definitely don't get rid of your Kenwood, Janie. Anything new you bought probably wouldn't be half as good. And especially not, with all the attachments you've got for it.

Anyway, up really early because I couldn't sleep and was keeping Mr Snoop awake with my wriggly legs. Clear sky out there at the moment according to the stars!

No work, to do today and no gardening either as ground too wet. Nothing for it but to give the kitchen a bit of an early spring clean.

Hope you all have great days. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning

Janie I've bought a couple Kenwood attachments from ebay so its worth looking there plus you can buy spares on line from a few places, Kenwoods really do just keep on going.

A bit of a look around then I'm of to work.

stay safe.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty here. All this talk of pasta has prompted the making of pesto pasta, I love it as a little snack. Dried pasta bows though. Anyway, best get on. Have a good day All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            A clear sunny day but the temp is zero.
                            No plans for the day si far.
                            Catch you all later.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	shining-freezing.jpg Views:	0 Size:	263.9 KB ID:	2516049
                              Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Up early to go and do the shopping - Broke the scraper trying to clear the car ... not the best start ... got in the car yo warm up and it said -1c ... went to the lotty and I had to thaw the bloody lock out before I could get in to feed the geese ! ... Just thawing out now with a coffee and sorting through some stuff indoors .... I think today is going to be a planning day with lots of coffee
                              Last edited by nick the grief; 23-01-2021, 10:55 AM.
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

• Looks like something out of GoT
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X