Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Afternoon Back from the Germ Factory and WFH from tomorrow until next Wednesday, so not such early starts. Raining heavily, Meadowhall is already flooded. Hope you can all stay dry as well as safe.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Well...I DID do some household chores and also made a slab cake (4x a Victoria sandwich mix ) and stirred in mixed red fruit from the freezer.
      I spent an hour finishing off my jigsaw...apart from one missing piece
      It was brand new, so the culprit has to be Hibou.
      She likes to hook them off the board and play hockey with them, bring them to our bedroom in the middle of the night or she just eats them
      I'll have to do a good hunt around at floor level to see if I can spot it. I'd rather have it complete so I can give it to someone...no one wants an incomplete jigsaw do they!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I used to check second hand jigsaws for Oxfam Nicos. If there was only one piece missing I put a sticker on to that effect and a circle on the box picture to illustrate. They were then still saleable
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
          What a miserable wet day.
          Couldn't get out for a walk do did anbhour on the treadmill.

Nicos, if you look up the makers of your jigsaw puzzle they may replace your missing piece.
          The manufacturers are all listed.
          Hoping to finish mine tonight.
          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

Still wet and windy, so like Bramble I did my exercise indoors on my mini trampoline. I've baked and made a slow cooker full of mushy peas just waiting for them to cool so they can go in the freezer.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Wow, that was a wet and windy night!
              All calm and dull now....hope everyone is ok in the storm areas?

Another indoor day for me again me thinks....likely to be planning the location of all the electrical components of the camper.
              I came across some cress seeds yesterday, so may well get those growing. I’m deffo getting itchy feet...or should that be fingers?

Re the jigsaw-thanks for that advice. I think that after a good hunt , if I can’t find the piece I’ll take a photo of the gap , then send it to charity.
              I’ve not particularly enjoyed doing this one...too subtle colour changes which in a dark house and during winter , it’s meant very limited time to see it clearly enough to do! Being 1,000 pieces it was not as relaxing as I would have hoped!

Time for a brew....

Comment

• Morning all. Has the update finished. Forum looks different.......better than it was? Still a dead area at the bottom of the screen tho.

TTFN
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning

There's s till a few bugs to iron out Snadger so we're more or less there.

Its going to be a dry day here still windy but no rain need to sort out the 100's or twigs that have come of the Silver birch before get tangled and trip. First though its my shopping day.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Big mag banner at the top has gone. There's a smaller area but it only reads Grow your own at the mo. I presume that will be filled in later. Glad it's not as large as before, though. I took up a huge amount of screen space.

Anyway, morning, all.

Cloudy and cold outside. Probability of rain has fallen.

Bit of work to get through but not much. Might even have an afternoon nap today to celebrate!

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Morning all.

It was wet & windy when I got up at 5.30 but now it's just windy, so I'll go out for a walk round the roads in a bit.

Nicos, I'm a big jigsaw fan, but since I discovered I can download jigsaws onto the computer I've never had another "real" one. No losing pieces, no having to move and tidy it away, I can change the background colour of the virtual mat it is spread out on, so if the JS is dark I can have a light background, and vice versa.

I can also change how many pieces are in it, from about 24 to 1500, but best of all, if I'm struggling, I can make the pieces bigger!
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• ^The things you learn on the Vine. Thanks, MH. I had no idea online jigsaw puzzles even existed.

Comment

• Good morning all.lIts a bright sunny morni g but a cold breeze to go with it.
                          We are off out to the park having been indoors for the last two days.
                          I may sow some seeds this afternoon, the two propogators are up and running.
                          Moth hawk, I know there are jigsaws on line but I just love ritual of sorting and placing pieces for real.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It was really sunny here first thing but now the rain is pouring down again. I feel really down today, just a combination of things really. I'm making a big panful of the base layer of pasta bake at the moment, some for us and some to deliver for the in-laws later today. I most get some fresh milk while I am out but that is all I need.

Comment

• I’ve just been doing a small gingerbread house jigsaw!
                              Think I prefer the old fashioned way where I can sprawl everything all over the floor ( to my OH’s dismay)

still , it’s good to know about so thanks for that MH!
                              Last edited by Nicos; 21-01-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Much Much nicer day today. a nice bright sunny morning which is nice for a change. i was a bit later going in to work today so i got to drive in in the daylight which was rather pleasant.
                                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                                - Henry Beard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X