Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, warmer here too, first time in days the car hasn't looked like an igloo when I look out the window, waiting for Tesco's to bring a delivery, exciting eh? Take care all and stay safe.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

No frost here last night , and yes, it does feel warmer too

Bit sad today as our cockerel Floki died in the night. He had a stroke a couple of days ago - one of his wings was hanging loose and he couldn’t balance to stand and he just kept falling asleep.Aww...farewell old boy - we’ll miss your crowing.

Had my first weigh in after a week of dieting and I’ve lost a couple of pounds , so I’m pleased with that .

No idea what today will bring, but I’m sure OH will find work for idle hands so I best quickly think up something I want/ prefer to do
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Still in the land of the living, though I've had one fall so far, knocked sideways on the now treacherous paths I've cleared by dogs in a hurry to get their breakfast. Fortunately I made a soft landing in a great drift of snow. Nobody saw me struggling to right myself, so not even my dignity injured.

Managed to keep a board clear and have been piling it high with seeds, meal and cracked corn for birds. Hard to know how many we've lost but at least a pair of male robins are still with us and squabbling over feeding rights. The redstart that roosts in our barn next to the kitchen was there last night as well. Fingers crossed for the others.

Right, busy day today as still have work to do. Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Warmer here this morning but dtikkmvery grey with rain on the way,
          Going to get a walk in before the weather changes.
          No plans but I am sure I will find something to keep me busy.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning All,

Much warmer here today, almost hit 5 degrees on my way into work this morning! That's almost tropical temperatures at the moment.

Hoping that the ground dries out a bit soon as i would like to get some gypsum into the flower beds, just to try and open things up a bit.
            If all else fails, i could always open up a pottery shop or something i suppose...
            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good day all,it looks like the promise of spring this morning,all is quiet on the western front,family support coming later on,apparently the searches has yet to be done on our new place,we had the option yes or no,as we are classed as cash buyers,so we will have one,you never know ,
              It sounds not nice where you are Snoop,be extra careful lass,
              Well done Nicos,my turn will come one day ,sorry to hear about the cockerel,you will miss the sounds,
              Peteyd good luck with the clay,whatever you do with it ,
              Am pleased to hear some of you have melting snow,lets hope it not freeze or flood,have a good day all and stay safe
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Grey, damp and gloomy here today but not too cold. The doctor's surgery rang this morning to invite my husband to book a covid injection. He is booked for Friday, so that's one less thing for him to moan about. I don't think I need to go out today

Comment

• Take care Snoop!
                  These days if I take a tumble I tend to go 'SPLAT'....I used to bounce!

Funnily enough I'm more rounded now so you'd think I'd bounce!!!!

Cant believe it's still pretty light...Nice to see isn't it?

Comment

• woke up at 4:30 wen Mrs G's alarm went off so I got up and made the coffee said by when she went and went back to bed ... Today I have mostly been reading my greenhouse book, thinking about how I'm going to modify the way it is and watching a coupl of programs I recorded.

Tomorrow is another day so I'll maybe start off some stuff in there.
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

• Evening I've been mostly baking, a sourdough loaf, scones then a pie for dinner the kitchen does smell good

With all this snow and ice it feels a bit early for me to start seed sowing, think I'll see what next weeks like.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all.

I had some knitting wool delivered today. Undyed Aran weight pure wool from blue-face Leicester x Jacob (I think) sheep. Light grey natural colour. So I've been working out a pattern of cables and doing the ribbing for the back of the jumper I shall knit. I've had my old Aran jumper about 40 years and it's still good, and I'm looking forward to making a new one. It should keep me occupied till outdoor seed sowing time
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening!
                          Funnily enough I'm missing my knitting. EverythingI made over the Autumn period got parcelled off to my daughter - mostly baby clothes and blankets . Really glad I sent them before Brexit!...
                          Still, got plenty of other things to get on with at the moment
                          Your jumper sounds lovely MH...are you actually designing the patterns yourself then?

Comment

• Morning all.

I have a book of patterns, Nicos, cables, rib patterns, patterns for texture, lace patterns. I have a basic jumper pattern then plan the patterns to fit the number of stitches. I'm using a combination of simple 6 st cables, staghorn cable, Celtic plait, and some moss st for texture. My last one had bramble st which I love, but it takes so long to knit up that I decided against it.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm a hopeless knitter... Once made a very long bright pink hat with a pompom at school. I guess I must have been eight. It's my greatest knitting achievement. I'm in awe of people who can manage complicated patterns.

Nicos, I was just reading about Brit lorry drivers having their ham sandwiches confiscated on arrival in Holland. Will this make it difficult for you to take your daughter's meat back to France?

In local news, not much thawing going on. Got some great icicles outside my window, so there must have been some thawing at some point. And a lot of the snow has flumphed off the trees. But that's the only evidence. Still really deep. Dogs having fun. Cats less so.

Right, plenty to do today and Mr Snoop has just suggested toast, which I might turn into a bacon sandwich, so better get on the case.

Have a good one everyone. Stay safe and warm.

Comment

• Morning all.

Before i went to bed it was raining heavily and all the snow, even the heaps where I had shovelled a path had disappeared. Great I thought, I may get to the allotment now.

Woke up this morning to another covering of snow!!

TTFN
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X