This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone
    stupidly crazy day here...will catch up tomorrow!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Seems colder today. Hi ho, off we go. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n"™alln"™all

Porridge for breakfast..yum!

I need to crack on with finishing the edging on a blanket I"™m posting over to the uk....hopefully by Friday so it arrives in time for Xmas.

The Xmas trees are nearly decorated but I"™m very disappointed in the new Xmas lights I bought...they are far too bright! It hurts yr eyes when you look at them! I was hoping once in the tree they might be better but they are deffo too bright. How frustrating is that!

We had no frost this morning - just lots of splashy stuff, although yesterday"™s frost was thick and heavy and actually looked rather festive!

Will pop in later- enjoy your day peeps!

Comment

• Morning FF, morning all.

Hope you're not feeling too frazzled, Nicos.

Rained in the night and a bit more is possibly due at lunchtime. But right now, the sun is shining through the clouds. Lovely light.

Got a relatively easy day ahead of me. If I put my mind to it, I could have everything out the way by lunchtime. Doubtless I'll find something I can fiddle-faddle about with! I'm a terrible procrastinator.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Edited to add: Morning, Nicos. You snuck in ahead of me. Frazzle over by the sound of it, but sorry about the tree lights.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 10-12-2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Ha!...I thought I heard you clattering around in the kitchen Snoop!

I"™m actually getting really excited...not just about Xmas but the fact that our "˜van"™ is arriving next week.
            We"™ve been researching all sorts of things about converting it into a camper...a really exciting project!
            I doubt we"™ll start it until the New Year but we can measure up and get things ordered.
            We already had a porta potty and a fridge/ freezer....
            ...the solar panel and leisure battery have arrived..and the omnia stove top oven -sort of feels like Santa is delivering early!
            The insulation was delivered to the garage we bought it from and they have kindly bunged it in the back.
            I"™m stupidly excited about it!!!!

Hopefully it"™ll be finished before the planting season arrives.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Dull and misty day so far.
              No plans for the day but there is plenty to keep me busy.
              Nicos, that all sounds very exciting, you must keep us up to date.
              Snoop, I eouldnt mild a bit of that dundhi r.
              For the last ten years we have been spending the month of November in Spain, it really shortens our winter.
              Have a good dsy all,

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, we have one of those rather dank and dark morning, it's not dry, but it's not really wet either, farmers ploughed the stubble field, which is a shame both for the wildlife, but also he's pinched my walking spot lol.

Comment

• I actually, for the first time since March, went in a clothes shop today. I haven't bought any clothes or footwear at all this year. I am sandal-less and had nearly got to the stage of being knickerless too. Sandals will have to wait for new stock but at least I won't have to accept my husband's kind offer of wearing his boxer shorts.
                  At some point I will have to brave a homeware shop as we seem to have broken more than our fair share of crockery during the lockdowns and the rug, shower curtain, and assorted other bits all need replacing.

Comment

• Evening it was my shopping day today after that we decorated the mantelpiece so we look sort of festive now the room does not us
                    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 10-12-2020, 05:50 PM.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Tad warmer but very damp. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning,nice to see Jay looking in,so far so good with the move,and MR is said to be coming home around lunch early afternoon ,how nice is that,never did get them cakes done for the freezer,must do a welcome home one hehehe,still waiting for the arrival of some packing boxes,then i shall make a start with things we can live without for now,just took another call from the hospital telling me he will be home today,but no time on when,that is good as long as it happens,will look in later,take care all
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning its misty and damp here, looks like its here for the day.

Lottie that's good to hear MR is coming home today what cake are you making for his welcome home?
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Thats fantastic news Lottie!!! What a wonderful early Xmas pressie eh?

Lots of sploshy stuff here too but I'm happy to stay indoors as I've loads of Xmassy emails to write.
                            Might just open a bottle of fizz later and do them infront of the fire....that'd be nice and cozy wouldn't it?

I don't send Xmas cards any more - just emails and phone calls nearer the time but I do miss sitting there writing them with a Xmas film on the telly

Weekend tomorrow already! Wow, that quickly arrived.
                            Might nip to market as it opens before peeps arrive. I 'need' cheese and fish.

Comment

• Bren it's what i have to use up,cherries prunes and last of the sultanas,with spice,flour is half brown and half white ,both sr,the brown gives it a nice nutty flavour and texture,they still in the oven,two larger loaf tins,done some similar the other week with grated carrots from the garden,yum yum,i must do more of them,all on edge now in antisipation for the arrival,
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Sorry for the late arrival today. I see it's been all go in my absence. Hope Mr is back home now and enjoying a proper cuppa and a piece of cake, LD.

Out this morning at the crack of dawn for a big shop. That's it now, apart from veg, till after Christmas, I reckon. Possibly till after the new year. Bought some nice wine too. So all sorted.

Could do with a nap now, to be honest, after all the excitement of spending actual money.

Hope you all have a lovely rest of the day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X