Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, what rough night and it's wild, wet and windy now, don't think we will get snow, but there's plenty in land a bit, fires lit, doubt we will go far today.

Comment

• Morning Snadger when I was a kid i use to love my Mums/grans pantries it had a huge stone slab that seemed to keep things fresh because I'm sure come Easter time we still had mince pies and Turkey in there. or did it just seem that they just lasted that long.

Greenishfing we're also due to have rain, sleet and snow today so i won't be going far today either.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Didn't see you there Burnie till after I posted, I've been reading on the BBC about thundersnow up in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-55184493
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all
          Freezing cold breeze with the temp at 0 degs.
          I must go and collect my prescription from the doctors surgery so that means queuing in the cold.
          Grandson coming to visit.
          After that it will be an indoor day.
          Have a good one and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Snow mixed in with the rain at the moment. I still can't get a decent pic of my tree, sorry Nicos. Could do with a tripod and a camera instead of my tablet or phone, but there's no chance of that happening! Glory Hole is today's job to make room for the festive spirit Have a good day All
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oops Happy Friday

Comment

• Afternoon n"™alln"™all

Woke up to a sleet storm! One inch of grey slush everywhere....didn"™t last long once the sun came up...but it was our first taste of winter weather this year.

OH emailed the peeps who sent the parcel ( Omnia stove top ovens in Sweden ) to inform them of their currier"™s rubbish service and they said they will send us some freebies!!!! How is that for service?...it wasn"™t even their fault! So I"™m singing their praises on here!

Our adventure continued as we did end up going to the hypermarket. It"™s the biggest, most enormous one in the area. There were 2 tills open and one self service and no queues!!!! Hardly anyone in the shop , so it was lovely to walk around and look at a few things we wouldn"™t normally have looked at.
                Then we got to the till and the card was declined Also the phone app payment....and we had no other way of paying...so we left the trolly there and came home for the chequebook and OH drove all the way back to pay and bring the shopping home whilst I was making supper.
                Ooops sorry was the banks response this morning
                What a pain eh?

Today I shall mostly be knitting as I want to get my parcel off to the UK within the week.

Glad your nose finally settled Snoop...My OH has the same problem and it"™s the smells of coffee and toast and casseroles ( and of course bacon) which really delight him.

Keep warm everyone - looks like we"™re all in for a cold snap.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well the snow has now turned to pouring rain so no snowmen today. I've got stew bubbling away in the slow cooker and have already mixed batter for Yorkshire puddings. I've changed the bed and put the washer on. I'll go get a newspaper next and then I think I 'll make some lemon curd as somebody is already muttering that we are really low on it.

Comment

• Let us know how you get on with the Omnia, Nicos. I still haven't made up my mind about how to go about summer baking.

Comment

• I've been helping my daughter and her OH move house. They are now finding out the snags that were hidden when they chose the house. It's a listed building. I haven't been able to be there for 2 days. I'll turn up tomorrow with cake and advice as planning is my forte.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• I will indeed snoop.
                        Apparently you can make bread and cake in it ,chips, roasted chicken legs, casserole, Yorkshire puddings....

Its my treat to myself for Xmas. They are very expensive for what they are, but I"™m really quite excited having read and seen loads of positive reviews.

Enjoy your day janie...I bet they"™ll welcome your support...and of course the caaaake!

Comment

• Mornin n"™alln"™all

Looks like,our -2C heavy frost didn"™t happen after all...tis wet and murky out there!

Whats everyone up to this weekend?
                          I"™m about to pop a beef casserole into the oven to cook slowly for several hours. It"™s got a marrowbone in it and I"™m really looking forward to it!
                          Not seen a cut like this before so it was an impulse purchase.

I"™ve got more knitting to crack on with ( making a snood for my daughter) and then hopefully we can get the Xmas decorations out!

have a great day peeps..keep safe but enjoy yourselves

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos and All Raining here too. No plans for the weekend, just going with the Flo Have good day

Comment

• Morning all

White frost here and still a bit of snow lying around which is a sign we will get some more.
                              I think I will grow a beard for the winter but it will probably be heavily streaked with white so I might get a job as Santa's helper.

TTFN and take care folks ho-ho-ho!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Very long lie-in this morning with the cats. A very rare occurrence. It's a very long weekend here (the 8th is a public holiday and lots of people will take Monday off too) and I have next to no work to do between now and Wednesday. So, time to have fun I think.

Very cold night here, the coldest of the season so far, but the fire was kept going all night in the bedroom. So we were all right. No idea how birds manage. Anyway, no snow here. Yet.

Not sure what the day will bring. Got a few things I want to try my hand at baking as goodies for us for this weekend but also a trial run for gifts. But before that can happen, I need to clear the decks in the kitchen. That's the boring part, but needs must.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X