Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Flo and everybody. looks damp out but not actually raining. Got a grocery collection at 8am so hope the rain holds off til after then.

I always juice or purée blackberries Flo, as I hate the seeds, and they do take up less room in the freezer as ice cubes that way. I had to resist picking too many blackberries this year, there were so many beautiful and big ones in the hedgerows.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning no rain here Flo not till later afternoon.

I don't like pips either mothhawk I sieve them out when I make jam so today I'll going to give juicing them a go. I did make some blackberry fruit leathers but the novelty wore of after making the second batch, they did freeze fine though..
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Very cloudy here and looking a bit threatening, in fact, though only a slight possibility of rain according to the forecast and even then not very much.

Glad you managed to get those metal bits sorted, LD. Good luck at the germ factory, FF. And well done that hero (Rary, of course).

As for me, more busy, busy today. So better get a move on.

Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe and well.

Comment

• Morning, proper dark still, got the lights on, though it's not too cold and it's dry at the moment. I am still picking Blackberries up here, though few are making it to the kitchen lol. Stil getting autumn Rasps as well, not many as it's the first year, but they are large and tasty, whatever type they are(GC lost the labels!!)

Comment

• Good morning all.
            The weather here is doing the same as yesterday, rain wind and slippery leaves underfoot.
            As I started yesterday and the weather is so miserable I am going to make my plum jam today.
            Take care and stay safe all and have a good day,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Hope those on lock-down are managing OK.

Quite mild here today. OH is a cold customer so is sitting hugging the gas fire in the living room. Wants me to light the log burner in rear room but I am quite warm so told her I will set it ready for lighting if she ventures in there. Once she is hugging the log burner I will go into the front room and knock the gas fire off as I am sick of siting in a pool of sweat.
              Cleaning and cooking on the cards for today. Have some lovely tender beef and gravy from a slow cooked joint of Brisket, so hot beef sarnies for lunch.
              I don't want to tire myself out as I am expecting a large load of logs to be delivered in the next couple of days and these seem to get harder to shift into storage every time I get them. Was hoping to do a couple of hours fishing today but with OH being bad that will probably get knocked on the head.

TTFN
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon,stay safe at the germ place FF,more outside tidy up done,son got a place booked at the tip for tomoz,looking so much better,next big sort out is my shed at home,and bring back from the lottie what am keeping,the only things left down down there will be parsnips and maybe cabbage,then i can hand back the key and breath a sigh of relief,as i close another finished chapter of life ,good luck with the jams/jellies,pies,logs,busy busy and caring rolls,of out to chop some more brambles down,now i can get to them ,stay safe all
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Just in case anyone is wondering, the odd post may disappear due to crafty spammers/site attackers are trying to sneak in by making a post before hitting the site. The mods are checking them out and removing where required, seems folk in Eastern Europe and the Far East are getting busier.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                    Just in case anyone is wondering, the odd post may disappear due to crafty spammers/site attackers are trying to sneak in by making a post before hitting the site. The mods are checking them out and removing where required, seems folk in Eastern Europe and the Far East are getting busier.
                    Probably a daft question but why do they do it?

Comment

• Good afternoon, started off dry but OH wanted to go shopping, so once back collected out daughters dog and took her for a walk, just had put her back into daughters house walk home and just in when the heavens opened, I had been writing on another thread and was thinking that one I finished I would get out for a short time, but no sooner had I finished when the rain started again, so just going to read a book, enjoy you evening and keep safe and don't forget to smile
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                        Just in case anyone is wondering, the odd post may disappear due to crafty spammers/site attackers are trying to sneak in by making a post before hitting the site. The mods are checking them out and removing where required, seems folk in Eastern Europe and the Far East are getting busier.
                        One of my local groups on Facebook is struggling with the same problem. Very sad. Thanks for all your efforts.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Probably a daft question but why do they do it?
                          Probably paid advertising, it must be profitable or there wouldn’t be so much of it around

Comment

• Good Morning All. Feels warmer. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, it feels warmer here today as well Flo, we've got rain due later though.

Comment

• Morning all we have sunshine, but it's not forecast to last, I'd like to get the grass cut if it's dry enough later, other than that nothing much planned for the day as now I am pretty much all raised beds, there's no autumn digging any more, in a funny way I quite miss it..............................and no I'm not volunteering to come and do yours either.......................

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X