Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening, a glorious day up here, so we took advantage before it breaks, went for a drive over the hills into Aberdeenshire then back along the coast, dropped into three different harbours, firstly for a look and to show SWMBO where I go fishing in the winter nights chasing Cod.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BM1K1775.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	788.3 KB
ID:	2508760 This is Gourdon, one of the last harbours round here that still lands fish as apposed to shellfish, bonnie little place with a nice fresh fish shop and a restaurant, both were closed when we called.

Comment

• ^That is a pretty spot, Burnie. Must have been a lovely day out.

Sorry to read all your news, greenishfing. It takes it out of you when other people around need mental and emotional support. But good on you. Hope you get to have some time at the lottie today.

Very cloudy and windy here today, but who am I to complain? Saw the news yesterday about the 'Medicane' about to hit Greece. I can't begin to imagine what 200 km/h winds would be like. Ordinary folk will struggle, but what about the refugee camps? Terrible.

Not much to say after that. Busy day as per.

Hope you all get to have good days. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning, sounds like you had a good day out Burnie just my sort of outing.

Haircut first thing for me then weeding the brassica cage.

Enjoy your day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, another bright start, but no gadding about today, got a fence to paint, oh the joys.................................stay safe all.

Comment

• Nice weather here. The sun has got his hat on, Hip, hip hip hooray! I think I 'll spend a few hours mindlessly weeding (with any luck).

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sorry to hear your news GF...so much sad and frustrating news around at the moment.

I’m not surprised in reality - there must be an avalanche of mental health problems of varying degrees being suffered on top of the ‘normal’ causes....this Virus has a lot to answer for. Support where we can eh?

Burnie....what a lovely harbour! It’s uplifting to see - so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Our fine weather is due to break tomorrow so yesterday my priority was to sand down the dining table outside so I didn’t get a chance to pick the hazelnuts out of the lawn.
              Its a must-do job for today along with bramble picking....

I had hoped to paint 2 wooden walls of our garage but not had a chance to chop back the shrubs etc to access them. Well , I did in reality but chose to sit in the garden and read! A lass needs a bit of meeee time from time to time eh?

Enjoy your day peeps - whatever you do x

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all and a nice sunny morning it is.
                Burnie, what a beautiful harbour.

Nicos, you're spot on about peeps mental health.
                This pandemic has caused so much damage to young and old alike.

My daughter is taking me out for the day.
                She had one days holiday left so we are taking advantage of the last bit of sunshine.

Have a good day all whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, yet another night of, this time, broken sleep. Had a long lie this morning to make up for it!

So sorry to hear your news GF, it’s really not a nice time just now for anyone is it?! Makes the following moan pale into insignificance.

Well decided to update my phone last night to the newest software, halfway through I get an unknown error message then told I have to restore my phone to factory settings. Have lost all my photos as I don’t think it backed them up before it started the update.
                  We rely far too much on our phones. Lesson learned!!

Lovely photo burnie!

Anyhoo, hope you have a lovely day...still waiting for the sun to show face here this morning. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Sunny but windy, and the wind has moved round to the East so quite a cool one, pleasant, but a reminder of the fading year.

Lovely photo, Burnie. Pretty little harbours like that must go a long way towards compensating you for all the cold and wet you get up there north of the border.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening!
                      managed to collect most of the hazelnuts... 2 huuuge mixing bowls worth. Much smaller than usual....they are going to be a pain to crack open

Blackberries picked-just got to juice them and freeze the juice in a couple of ice cube trays now.The rest I'll probably leave for the birds now.

Also stewed down more windfall apples.

OH Danish oiled the table... one more coat of paint on its legs and that's another job off the tick list

Late night for me...we had a lovely BBQ too.
                      Feeling happy this evening
                      Last edited by Nicos; 18-09-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Morning all. Got trousers on today instead of shorts as its 'Chainsaw day'. I have a load of softwood from a neighbours shed they were getting rid of and I will be needing softwood to fuel the woodburner on startup soon.

Fishing with my son was really enjoyable yesterday and I have trout fillets for breckie. If we get lockdown, it could be my last fishing trip for a while.

Take care folks and enjoy your day.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all. Bright here at the moment. As expected, we had next to no rain yesterday but loads elsewhere.

Had a cup of tea in bed this morning and got myself all miserable thinking about the state of the world. Got up and had a coffee and a bun with Mr Snoop and felt a whole lot better.

Busy day ahead with yet more baking and work, plus some housework somewhere or other. It all needs doing, hence the somewhere or other. Can't possibly do it all!

Big hello to Rary and Mr Bones in case you drop in.

Catch you all later. Have a lovely day.

Comment

• Morning a bit misty early on but now the suns out

Usually we spend this weekend at the woodland festival at Elvaston castle country park but its cancelled this year, if you ever get the chance to go its a good weekend for all the family.

Nicos what do you use the the blackberry juice for ? just wondering if its something I could use up some of mine that way.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                              Last to bed and first up again?... this seems to be becoming a habit!

We had a nice bit of rain in the night and it's still fairly warm out there. Just hoping my outdoor toms will ripen before any blight sets in.

We're thinking of going mushrooming in the next few days. Thing is that there are designated mushrooming and hunting days so you don't accidentally get shot
                              I need to look them up first!
                              The good thing over here us that you can rake any mushrooms you pick to a pharmacy and there they will be checked over by one of them (trained to determine edible/edible if cooked in a certain way/toxic )
                              I wouldn't trust my own judgement tbh even though we're pretty sure with what we're collecting , we've still made errors.
                              Its good to have that safety net.

Nice thing is it's also away from people so it's a 'safe' thing to do!

Snoop - do your pharmacists offer the same service?

Looks like I may need to brave the local food shop later just got a few basics. I hate going at weekend, although lunchtime tends to be very quiet still.

Anyone got any exciting plans for today. I'm going to be mostly spotted in the kitchen today as I've neglected a few things in there

Comment

• Ooo...you lot snuck in there whilst I was chatting away to myself!
                                Hope I didn't disturb you!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X