X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all
    Close call indeed Flo

blackberry picking and freezing down windfall apples today.... now it's cooler I might take a look at the hazelnuts in the lawn. I only want to do one picking up session as it takes several hours ( huuuge tree!)

Yesterday I did some batch baking....plum buns and Dorset Apple Cake.
    Seeing as I'm dieting it was very difficult not to sample them ( and yes...I did lick the spoon)

We 've heard loads of Tawney owls Burnie....hadn't clicked about protecting territories -I suppose the youngsters need to claim an area before winter sets in!

Keep safe everyone...looks like 'things' are kick starting again out there....
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, I've got my chutney simmering I'm making HFW 's Gluttony its one of my faves. just need to find something to use up the rest of the marrow I've been given. I'll have enough chutneys with this batch so maybe a curry.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Had a session digging earlier at the plot. I try to go no-dig wherever possible but this area was very compacted and it ws detrimental to growth this season.No-dig is great as long as you have the organic matter available......which I haven't.

I use no-dig where I have cardboard and any other organic matter available, but have to resort to digging areas tat haven't been covered.

I probably dug about 10 square metres removing stones as i went, but burying annual weeds. This area will soon be planted with Either Japanese onions,garlic or spring cabbage, not sure yet.
        It was a lot colder and was drizzling but it helped keep me cool whilst digging.
        Harvested a huge red cabbage and have thinly chopped up a quarter of it with two red onions. It is now sitting in a colander coated in salt for 24 hours before pickling.

TTFN
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Just in to say hello...wide awake at 3am!!! Just can’t get to sleep. Hate nights like this!
          sigpic

Comment

• Morning Jay! Morning all.

Still dark out. A good cup of tea is needed now. have a good day all.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, we have sunshine but first its a trip to the supermarket not sure after that real plans.

Time really drags once you're awake at Jay hope you got back to sleep.

Comment

• Morning all. Mr Snoop is going through another phase of not sleeping at night too. I inevitably wake up as well and have difficulty getting back off to sleep. Not nice. Hope you get through the day OK, Jay. This will be my third groggy day on the trot. Am just checking some of my work from yesterday and the spelling mistakes and literals are horrendous.

Cloudy this morning. Apparently will the same all day and for the next few days, but we're missing out on all the rainfall due elsewhere. Let's hope we don't get another flood like last year's to compensate.

Busy, busy day. Bank manager will be pleased, eventually. So better get on with it all.

Have a good day everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• It must be the weather keeping everyone awake. My husband was awake in the middle of the night last night and tossed and turned for ever waking me in the process. If I can't sleep I either get up or put my ear buds in and listen to something on radio4extra ( usually boring enough to send me to sleep). Sometimes I threaten myself with the ironing pile, if I'm still awake in 10 minutes I'll get up and do the ironing. Got to stay in until the plumber has been today so I suppose I really ought to do some housework.

Comment

• Good Morning All Quick hello as I'm WFH today. Sunny here again. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Bright here today.May carry on with laying some off road parking. I am presently laying approximately one paving flag per month! Its the digging out that takes the time.

Just bottled up two jars of red cabbage that had been salted overnight. One jar has distilled white vinegar the other has white wine vinegar. Haven't had a taste yet to see which I prefer.

See ya later alligator.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Bit of a later start for me today....funnily enough I've actually been sleeping rather well recently.
                        I'm wondering if it's because I'm finally back on my diet so don't eat/drink anything after 7pm ( apart from water)
                        Who knows

Snadge...any chance of the pickled cabbage recipe please? I'd like to try it with cider vinegar.

Comment

• Good day all.
                          Just back from the hairdressers.
                          It's a beautiful day here so I am going to spend the afternoon outdoors.
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lovely day here too bramble.
                            Not done any gardening but I've been outdoors sanding down our elm dining room table. it had a thick dark layer of varnish which has now gone
                            Just need to wax it now and paint the legs cream....so chuffed cos it's a beautiful piece of wood
                            Last edited by Nicos; 17-09-2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon it was cool this morning so after shopping I made chutney and pickles sun out now so I’m in the garden.
                              I like the sound of your table Nicos very elegant.

Comment

• Today was a real rollercoaster of a day. Found out one of the in-laws has an untreatable cancer when he rang up in tears - I really cannot believe the unfeeling callousness of some health "professionals". Actually I can believe it having been with my mother when she was diagnosed. Some doctors should be muzzled.
                                Then another of the in-laws who wasn't answering calls or texts and when I called round was wishing that she was dead and hadn't woken up this morning. A lot of this is down to not seeing her friends I believe and lockdown. I have done my best and she is now meeting up with a friend tomorrow. She had had a nurse practitioner out to see her earlier in the day and they are now going to keep an eye on her too (hopefully). On a happier note the gas plumber has sorted out the boiler and we have hot water. Tomorrow I just wa t a few peaceful hours at the allotment.
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 17-09-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X