Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Hope your house sale goes well LD. I am not familiar with why you are selling but I am sure you have your own reasons.
    Looks manky outdoors this morning so methinks I will not be venturing out apart from dog walking duties. Kato my dog has a bit of a limp so his walk will be until he has done his business then straight home.

TTFN
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Very slow start to the day for us although the garden is beckoning.
      It looks like we might be able to take our first pineapple tomato today - it’s hard to know from its colour when it’s ripe as its a sort of mixture of orange and golden yellow. But it does ‘give’ to the touch. I must remember to take a photo of it!

Hope Keto is OK Snadge...do you know what the problem is?

Lottie - I probably should say this as I don’t want to jinx things...but I’m actually feeling rather excited for you!
      You so much deserve this xx

Right...best motivate myself, I need to juice the blackberries I picked yesterday
      Enjoy your Sunday peeps
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning.......just, sunny out so I've been in the garden for a few hours already, getting cooler every night, 8 degrees in the greenhouse last night, but everything is looking fine. Had a great day out at our daughters, nice to see the family, pity our son lives so far away, but that's his job. Enjoy the day everyone.

Comment

• Right!
          stewed apples now frozen...washer load in...

The chicken breasts I got out Last night are now defrosted...and it turns out to be a pile of duck breast skins I set aside to render down
          I have a feeling it’s going to be one of those days

Time for a brew eh?

Comment

• Afternoon all,nice out again,thanks for the good wishes all,Snadger,we are down sizeing and moving nearer to other family,the agent has not got our place on YET,and you will not jinx it Nicos,the other 1 is still there,another offer will be submitted in the morning on our behalf,i hope my witch instinkt's are valid,it just feels right,just frustrated with having to be patient,have been tolled am brave,i see it as a new adventure hehehe ,have a good afternoon all.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Fingers and legs crossed for you, LD. Can't cross my arms, though, as I'd have to be a contortionist to be able to type.

All good this end, though I'm still not getting through as much stuff as I would like. Maybe I'm just getting old and want to slow down. Or maybe it's just the time of year.

Anyway, haven't done much today except try and find a nice rum baba recipe (succeeded), do the washing up (more or less done), make lunch (made) and get myself ready for an afternoon conflab with my brothers about our mum (postponed).

Have a good rest of Sunday, everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                It was a beautiful day here and we spent it outdoors.
                Had our grandson for an hour this morning as my son had to go to buy a new TV.
                I have masses of bees and butterflies in the garden so it was well worth growing all the flowers.

Lottie, so looking forward to hearing your news when you get your new home.

Nicos, sounds like your pineapple tomato is ripe, enjoy.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,yup,it really is me up earlier,and seem to have had a better sleep,hope you have a good day,and be kind to yourselves,see you later's
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning LD, morning all.

Very bright outside. Not sure how it's managing that as there are lots of clouds about. Sun is doing a good job dodging them. Either that or it's in cahoots with the gale force wind and that's blowing them out the way.

Loads to do today, so better get me skates on. Catch you all later. Have a brilliant day meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning sunny to start with but its just started raining here not what I wanted when the washing machines just finished, never mind there's always the dryer. .
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Dull any extremely breezy here but its dry.
                        I am going to tidy the greenhouse today and wash down the glass.
                        I need as much light in there as possible to ripen my peppers and tomatoes.
                        Also domestics on the cards.
                        have a good and catch you all later.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, cool out there today, rain overnight and more forecast, so a bit of potting on of strawberry runners in the greenhouse is the next job. Stay safe all and enjoy the day.

Comment

• Morning everybody. Not much on today.

I've just sown some pak choi in a pot to plant out later under a cloche for autumn salad leaves. Wondering if it is worth sowing a few lettuce similarly. The only seeds I have are Lobjois cos and I'm not sure if they are hardy enough for this time of year. Worth a go, perhaps, and if they don't grow it won't be much of a loss. Feeling a bit unmotivated now the weather is cooling down.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mothhawk,try some in smaller pots inside on a cill,like living salad from the shops,

Comment

• Afternoon n'alln'all
                                MH...we've just planted out lambs lettuce /cornsalad/māche to replace our lettuce.
                                Its very popular over here as a winter salad and is pretty frost hardy. If you've not grown it before do try it. The plants don't get very big either and could even be planted in amongst your flowers or in tubs if you have spaces.

Now is the perfect time to sow these cut and come again 'lettuce' substitute

https://www.gardena.com/int/garden-l...nella-locusta/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X