Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all, got up early and went fishing, but had a disaster when a bit fell off the reel, so lawns cut instead before the rains, now need to order a spare bit for the reel.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Mornin n'alln'all

Nice bit of gentle rain going on again here. really happy about it!

MH...how many hives do you have?....it's always something which has fascinated me.
      Have you ever tried making candles or anything with the wax?..
      I ave two hives right now. I did have three, but one lost their queen for whatever reason, and stubbornly refused to make themselves a new one despite all my efforts. I'm quite glad really, three hives makes too much honey!

Yes, I've made candles with the wax, I have a pretty mould which makes a long tapering candle with dimples to look like honeycomb. It's less hassle though to exchange wax for new foundation for combs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	candle.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	2507033

I had to change my plans anyway this morning, as it started to rain and has not stopped yet. Tomorrow's looking dry though.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mothhawk; 19-08-2020, 02:35 PM.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Afternoon all,what a miserable day,more ways than one,offspring stepped out of line again,my nerves are shot again,family coming weekend for a chat with MR,my mind is made up,we are moving,away from Leicestershire,just cannot live like this,always on edge,i seem to constantly have funny heads and tears,
        HAY Mothawk i like that,cleaver girl you,hope your all well
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Good afternoon all.
          Whst an utterly miserable day weathereise.
          Lashingvrzin and very windy with it.
          Yellow warning for stormy weather as storm Ellen is on the way.

Had a lovely catch up with my friends today.
          Lunch was at mine as we decided not to go out.

Hope all are coping with the miserable weather.
          Enjoy the sun and the warm weather to those that have it.
          ​​​​​​​I am sitting here with a fleece on it's so cool.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Prevening All Been raining heavily all day here. Matches my mood because one of my sisters died last night. Devastated, despite her age and infirmity. Nothing to do with the virus so perhaps that's of some consolation. Sorry, had to tell someone, I'm expected to be strong, but feel far from it.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Oh, FF. Really sorry to read your news. Not surprising you feel devastated. Terrible loss. Big cyber hug from me.

Comment

OOOOH FF,so sorry to read your news,not good no matter the circumstances,condolances to you all,BIG hugs lass,of coarse you must tell us,
                eldest has a viewing on our behalf end of the week,POA& welfare all signed up,am dreading the aftermath when offspring is tolled,never mind it hitting the fan,it will be nuclear,and will most likely happen this week end,as WILL have to have back up from family,and maybe another sauce,it is also very shameful for us,anyone got a big hole to swallow us up ,i just hope i not end up like MR or worse other peeps are worried for me,thanks for listening .
                Last edited by lottie dolly; 19-08-2020, 05:03 PM.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Best wishes and commiserations to those having lost or who are in pain, stay strong if you can.
                  I like to think this community is a listening ear when folk have genuine trouble in their lives.

Comment

Really sorry to hear your news .FF and Lottie . just know, we are here for you both.xx
                    Last edited by Ms-T; 19-08-2020, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Afternoon. Sat here thinking of both Flo and Lottie, a difficult time for both you and your families xx
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

thank you friends,means a lot,the only thing about moving is,i will most likely not have any internet for a short time,night night see you tomorrow

Comment

Evening n'all

Oh dear Flo. So sorry to hear your news...sending you a big hug xx
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

So sorry to hear your sad news Flo.
                            Take care of yourself, of course you are devastated.

Lottie, hoping everything works out for you, it may go better than you think.
                            Good luck and stuck to your principles.
                            Take care all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all
                              nearly 6.30 here and it's only just getting light and the dawn chorus is only getting under way.
                              Very early start for me. Bit earlier than intended but Hibou demanded cuddles from me. I know!.... not demanding food, water or to be let out, just cuddles. How sweet is that

Early start planned as we've decided to go to market today. First time since March. We need some baby leeks for planting out where the spuds are/were...and there is a fish stall very nearby. So..as masks are compulsory in outdoor markets we're going to brave up and make a quick visit as they are setting up stalls.

Gish -it's almost weekend again!

kettles on -help yourselves...tiptoes off.....

Comment

Oh..and Lottie -I've been thinking about your comment about things being shameful.

Actually lass, I was only thinking how incredibly well you are handling the whole situation...it's not shameful, just frustratingly not fair...but you have held your head up high ( inbetween the realistically expected bit of sobbing) and setting an amazing example to everyone who knows you in real life and on here.

You HAVE to do what's best for you and your OH.

Tiny steps and giant leaps and you'll soon be established in your new home and then you can fall over backwards in shock/disbelief at what you have finally achieved.

Well done lass , I am very proud of you xxx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X