This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Grey and miserable yet again here. When I got home from the allotment yesterday I stoned over 4 pounds of Morello cherries, a very messy job, so I intend to make jam today at some point.
    There's always one, isn't there, that squirts juice three feet across the kitchen, either hitting the walls, or the tea towel, or the one item that will stain permanently.

I went on Monday to pick the beautiful black cherries round the footpath, only to find I'd left it too late and they'd all gone soft and squashy, starting to shrivel and drop off. such a waste, and my own fault for leaving it 3 days. So I contented myself with picking the little wild geans, and had enough to make 2lbs jam. Too small to stone though, so cooked them up and sieved them.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      But here's something specific about the Leicester situation from the Sun (not my usual news source...): https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews...-sites-spread/
      I'm glad it's not your usual source of news, Snoop, because most of that report is rubbish. The outbreak didn't start at the sandwich factory, a lot of the 500+ workers there live in Birstall where the outbreak has been bad, so percentage wise there were likely to be a few factory workers who had the virus. And the city does not "account for 10% of all coronavirus cases in the UK". Come on Sun - there are 312,654 confirmed cases in the UK, Leicester City has 2,494 confirmed cases.

What is worrying is that nearly 600+ of those were in the last fortnight. That is, 10% of all England's cases in the last fortnight were in Chizzitland.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all,just a bit chilly here,and dry for now,i seem to spend a lot a time sleeping lately,all quiet and calm,as for our extra lockdown,must pick my words here,the said affected areas,most do not respond to any regulations,i read on my news earlier on,clothing factories in said area,made workers go in as normal,since it first began i will leave it there,it's said government is to sort new laws as regards to leicester,so the police can try and keep better control,good luck with that one,get the army in,nothing to stop peeps going to another town/place,and spreading,so it is extra care when going out now,especially the lottie gates,i will take a cloth soaked in germ kill ,keep safe all,have a good afternoon,that jam looks good,goodness me Nicos,how many,have you started to cluck yet,you could always feed some back to the girls.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good job I have a massive supply of soft fruit is all I can say lottie!

keep safe peeps x
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon again having a lazy day now and reading through the GYO mag I have a quick look at it when I get it then read parts as I have time now looking at a bit more and have now discovered that the Lost Gardens of Heligan are in St. Austell Scotland, no wonder they are lost every body thinks they are in Cornwall
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all
              Showery old day again.
              I did wonder about the area Lottie. if you need sleep better to have it when you can.
              would love some soft fruit. For some on shop last week , mould within 2days
              Love pineapple . Anyone growing pineapple?

Been in the office all day . Yesterdays nightmare desk is now a tidy desk . Hurrah.

Northern England.

Comment

• Ah st austell scotlandia . I shall go and see that then Rary
                Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                  Now away to find out what exacerbated means
                  Haha, not sure if I was supposed to chuckle at that comment, but it reminded me of yesterday. I've always thought I had a fairly decent hold on the English language (even if I can't spell for toffee sometimes) but I was reading a JK Rowling article on diversity yesterday and had to keep Googling what words meant
                  Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Woo hoo! I managed to get out in the garden today and do some deweeding.

For what I've seen of the day it's been fairly overcast here too

Gosh, I don't have a lot of exciting stuff to add, do I? Whoops
                    Last edited by Shortie; 01-07-2020, 06:21 PM. Reason: typo
                    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                      Love pineapple . Anyone growing pineapple?
                      I’m another one who loves pineapple I buy one every week it’s one fruit I’d like to grow.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All it's raining here. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning it's dry again but cloudy
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning All
                            Just got back from the lotty, been down there since 5.00am. It's great to get on with things in the peace and quiet. I did notice the lack of biting flies this morning, not complaining or anything but they do usually make themselves known early in the day.

Overcast, 13 degrees and damp in the air

Enjoy your day
                            Last edited by Mr Bones; 02-07-2020, 06:39 AM. Reason: typoo
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                              5am

Dry and grey so far with a forecast of dry and grey. Down hill again tomorrow .
                              I have a morrisons shop coming, that's todays excitement.
                              I could go to local GC to get mums plants for her pots that she wasnt going to bother doing but now is. She went to her local Dobbies and there was nothing much there. Or I could spend another day in the office. Looking at the weather though for the next 2days (torrential rain ) I perhaps should save the office work.
                              My triffid gifted cucumber plant with tiny cucumbers still isnt growing them . Grrr. It's taking over in there , if it doesnt sort itself out it's coming out.
                              Have a fun day .
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Wet here. I awoke sometime in the night and could hear the rain. Can somebody turn it off please now for a few days. The allotment will be a quagmire again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X