• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duly noted, CG and (especially) FF.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
      Dull and windy here too!

The staircase is finally fully installed...what a relief!...They said it was incredibly difficult to do due to the upper floor being about 6" deep and strangely insulated and hollow in parts -and very much not level. But it's in new and looking good. Hats off to them for doing such a good job. Shows how skilled they must be to work around that.

My other 'happy' for yesterday was that I decided to prune back our espalied apple trees . They'd thrown off about 20" of growth so I decided to cut them back. Probably not the right time -I've no idea -but I did it anyway
      Guess what I found lurking inside?...yup!... loads of little apples I really thought the frost had zapped all the blossoms! Really chuffed as they make wonderful pies! Yum yum...

Not sure what today will bring but I found yesterday quite stressful having a couple of blokes wandering around indoors all day.
      Think I'll have a quiet one
      Last edited by Nicos; 30-06-2020, 09:04 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, overcast and cool, but that wind has dropped, it's dry just now but I don't think it will last. Everything looks vibrant and healthy, so that's a bonus, perhaps I should have stood out in the rain too lol.

Comment

• Good morning all..
          A better day than yesterday although it's still quite breezy.
          Going out to get some cards, a rake of birthdays and anniversaries are on the way.
          Also, a visit to the toy store, grandson will be 2 on Saturday.
          After that it will be back to the garden to restore it from being battered yesterday.

Nicos and Snoop, delighted to hear the work is progressing well for you both.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Gloomy news that Leicester is back in lockdown.

Do the powers that be really imagine folk will obey the rules? The surge in cases can only be from lack of social distancing - all the young people protesting through the town in support of BLM and crowding together, spreading the virus. I expect now they'll all be off shopping to surrounding towns, spreading it around some more...

I am hoping people will be sensible, for all our sakes.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon. Spent quite a long day on the lottie today, it's nice to make the most while there's a respite in the weather.
              I agree with you MH, hoping people will be sensible to avoid aggravating the overall situation.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I can only agree with the last 2 posts. So many selfish people!

Comment

• I read some research recently that suggested that in fact protests tend not to be major sources of infection as most participants wear masks. Obviously that may not always be true. But the worst sources of infection are apparently family get-togethers and parties and the workplace. Again, not always true of course.

Comment

• Just read Snoops post in another thread which was quite informative, but there was a section where she said something like--the current state of affairs is exacerbated by the fact that the latest topics tab doesn't show,,,,,,,,,
                    Now away to find out what exacerbated means, Snoop it frustrating when you use big words I don't know the meaning of
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sorry Snoop couldn't resist that anyway it helps keep me in front of you with the post count where I see you are catching up on me
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good evening had a busy day mixing concrete then making a retaining wall and now feeling a bit shattered, so now going to watch some TV then bed, enjoy your day tomorrow and keep safe

Comment

• Morning Everyone ... Pinch-a-punch
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Pinch and a kick for being so quick, Mr B.
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              I read some research recently that suggested that in fact protests tend not to be major sources of infection as most participants wear masks. Obviously that may not always be true. But the worst sources of infection are apparently family get-togethers and parties and the workplace. Again, not always true of course.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	leicestercitycentre.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	2501570

Endless wonder.

Comment

• ^Plenty of people in masks but yes, plenty of people not. Will try and find the research as I thought it interesting because it was counter-intuitive.

But here's something specific about the Leicester situation from the Sun (not my usual news source...): https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews...-sites-spread/

Everyone should wear a mask when out and about. Even our builders are and it's well over 30 ºC here and they're working away out in the sun.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X