X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning folks

Dull and spitting this morning but fairly mild at 15 degrees.

Happy Mondays

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Here's a thought re the woodpreserver!!....We thought we didn't have enough to treat the garage (we actually have) but wondered if Screwfix sell/deliver it.
    And yes they do!...not a massive choice but it might be an option? Frustratingly they aren't delivering to Europe at the moment but that won't affect you. Isn't it free delivery over a certain price?... my OH always finds some ' much needed ' tool to bump up the price

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    We have been in the same situation.
    We have gone to get paint twice now but too many people queuing to get in to the shop.
    Hoping the situation may improve.
    While we are not desperate to do these painting jobs it does help to pass the time.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^ know the feeling...we go out as seldom as poss too

Why not phone them in the morning to see if they have what you want?
    maybe pay for it over the phone and ask if you can collect it from the desk?.... just a thought????

I think I'd do exceptionally well in a trolley dash shopping spree these days!

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Tried to finish painting the corner shed, but I've run out of wood preserver, I might have to try the hardware store in Montrose and if it's not crowded make my first visit to a shop since early March!!

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning, a bright and breezy day here as well.
    No plans for the day so we will take it as it comes.
    Just 14 degs at the moment, hoping it gets a little warmer.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, bright and breezy here today, we had a frog move into the pond yesterday, so may spend some time watching out for that lol. Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Bit hot here. No rain. Due to hit top 30s again today, but could be worse: due to get hotter during the week and cloudy, no breeze to speak of. My least favourite combination.

Anyway, shouldn't be complaining. I'm down in what is still my cool basement, though even down here it's warming up a bit. No need for a cardie now.

Busyish day ahead. Not proposing to do much paid work, but it's D's last Sunday here. He was going to leave soonish, but now he's decided to leave while he still can in case it becomes difficult to get out of Spain. So we're going to have a nice evening meal.

Right, have a good day everyone. Catch you later.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning we've got sunshine

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
    Only real tip for crackers Snoop is sprinkle flaked sea salt on after you've rolled them out and gently roll it into the surface. Enjoy
    Thanks MrB that will help keep the salt on the crackers

My tip is to prick the crackers with a fork its prevents them from puffing up.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    My Swedish friend recommended this recipe for Fröknäcke: Swedish seeded crackers

https://cyclingtips.com/2015/08/frok...eded-crackers/

They look pretty healthy!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Thanks snoop!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^Bren recommends the sourdough discard crackers here:
    https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/rec...iscard-recipes

I never have any discard so make up sufficient poolish beforehand. Don't know if the fact that it's a bit more active will make a difference. I'm going to roll through my food mixer pasta roller. I'm not great with a rolling pin - always comes out uneven - and the comments suggest using a pasta roller. Your husband might like some of the other recipes. I made the muffins the other day. Came out a bit thinner than I expected but fantastic flavour.

Mr Bones, not sure what recipe you use. I've got another that is full of seeds from a Spanish source. Everyone who's tried it raves about it. Will share that too when I've given it a go.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Sunny Sunday. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    We've had heavy rain overnight too!
    Really pleased as that's going to make weeding much easier
    I did make a start on the gravel drive yesterday but it was like concrete....so I painted both cellar doors instead.
    It struck me that were only about 6 weeks away from September so thought I best crack on and try and make the outside of the house a bit neater as it's been neglected due to indoor diy.

Yesterday evening we had a hare in our field/garden. It was out in the open for about 15 minutes nibbling away, stretching, yawning. Really lovely to see but a bit worrying if it's not human wary as it's not going to last long when hunting season kicks off

We also saw 4 deer in the field behind ours at sunset. Not seen more than a couple for a while now so that was lovely...but again a concern

Snoop/Bones - any chance of sharing your cracker recipes please??? Sounds like something I'd like to try!

Enjoy your day peeps! See you later

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Good morning
    Proper drop of rain yesterday evening, larruped it down as my old man used to say. Thunder and lightning too.
    Lovely and sunny now though so will pop down the plot later.

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you're up to

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X