X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rary
    replied
    Good evening it has turned out a dull but dry day again, we went out to a friend's house today as they are celebrating their golden wedding which is quite an achievement being married to the same person all those years and to those thinking that I have done the same my OH is not the same person I married all those years ago but I wouldn't change her. Thankfully I wasn't near Dublin today just think of the noise of 55 women would make playing pitch and putt boy I bet it was deafening, though glad you enjoyed it bramble, right take care and keep safe

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good evening all.
    Had a lovely day playing pitch and putt.
    55 ladies played today so the atmosphere was great.
    We got home before the rain but it came down in buckets this evening with a bit of thunder added in.
    Hope everybody had a good day.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
    Only real tip for crackers Snoop is sprinkle flaked sea salt on after you've rolled them out and gently roll it into the surface. Enjoy
    Great tip, has to be much better than just sprinkling on, which is what the recipes say. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    It's dry Much pasta cooked for meals on wheels - cream cheese, ham and pesto and linguine bolognese and cheese all garnished with roasted peppers. All that and we're having a sandwich for tea

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, there was some very heavy rain overnight, or so I have been told and when I went out this morning it here was a bit of rain but didn't last long we have our daughters dog with us till tomorrow and had a game of football with her, and boy she let's you know when the ball goes out of play as she stands and barks at it if it goes in the garden, right off to do a bit of weeding

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Oh stick it out Flo...then at least we will all know what will happen to the weather and plan accordingly

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Hot here but keeps drizzling. Last night's Hawain pizza for breakfast! Washing done but in a quandary as to hanging it out. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Sunny and cloudy here.
    Off out to play pitch and putt.
    Showers forecast for later, hope we can avoid them.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all

brrr...feels sort of Autumnal out there!

Looks like there is door painting on the agenda today -that is if the rain holds off!

Nice find with the nail Bones...we have similar at the modern end of our house (built 1780's)

Enjoy your day peeps

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Only real tip for crackers Snoop is sprinkle flaked sea salt on after you've rolled them out and gently roll it into the surface. Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Slowish start to the day by recent standards. No urgent deadlines for work and no builders. Mind you, dogs got worked up over a plane flying overhead. We haven't heard them for so long they seem quite the novelty. It was lovely and quiet without them. No engines rumbling overhead and no dogs barking down below.

Good news on tests so far, Rary. Hope the ultrasound comes back nice and quiet.

Bit of work I could get out the way to get a head start on next week, but am looking forward to a bit of a cooking day today.

Mr Bones, I've got crackers on the list for tomorrow's baking. Never made them before. Any special tips? I'm making spaghetti tomorrow (attachment to food mixer - not a hand-cranked machine) so was thinking of running the cracker dough through the pasta roller to save time and effort and to produce a more even result. What do you reckon?

Will definitely be having an afternoon nap. Only 9 am here and I'm already looking forward to it.

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning Mothhawk and All

Sunshine and showers forecast for today, not raining at the mo but looks like it has been. 16 degrees already too (thinks blight and slugs ).
    Got a loaf on the go and probably make crackers too while the ovens on.
    I found an old iron nail yesterday embedded in the footpath. It's 4.5 inches long, hand made with a square shank and has (what I now know) a rose head. Scanning the internet suggests it could date from around 1800 but I'll see if I can find out more.

Enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all. Housework day for me today. Just as well it's supposed to be a rainy day though no sign of a downpour yet.

Have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Nicos, I love reading your posts.
    You seem to live such an adventurous lifestyle.
    Goodnight all,

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Oh joy rary best to be sure though eh?

Bit of a strange day for me.

I had a good baking sesh...orange buns, banana and chocolate buns, rhubarb and blackcurrant bakewell tart, chocolate mousse, sausage and tomato quiche and a litre of live yogurt. I had wanted to make lemon curd , and orange and rhubarb curd too, but hopefully I can do that tomorrow.
    I met up with a couple of friends outdoors for a glass of ...water....they were on wine ...didn't want to be drunk in charge of a bicycle...just as well cos I Got a puncture
    Those friends saw the comet the night before last!...not fair eh????

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X