X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by rary View Post
    Just to let you know bramble you can dry your teabags off and then reuse though the down side is it might take 2 or 3 bags second time around
    Noooo. Plainly and simply: no. The taste wouldn't be anything like the same even if the colour was.

We use Clipper teabags (their Organic Everyday tea in green boxes) bought via Amazon. Need to buy another lot. I've just checked when we last ordered and it looks like we've got through 300 teabags in the last two months. Sounds like a lot but it's only five teabags a day between the two of us. Mind you, we get through a lot more in autumn and winter. Perhaps we should start reusing teabags after all...

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Afternoon all.

Not a very productive day today, I'm afraid. But never mind. Things can only pick up! In fact, if I think about it, Mr Snoop has done everything today (before you say anything, Rary, he did it unasked, indeed, without so much as a breath of a hint) and the only useful thing I've done so far is make lunch and that wasn't exactly complicated (Mr Snoop wanted egg, bacon and muffins and I had bacon and muffins). Got baking planned for later and that's about it.

Hope you're all having lovely days.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Just to let you know bramble you can dry your teabags off and then reuse though the down side is it might take 2 or 3 bags second time around

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning, well after a rather wet day yesterday it’s dry this morning...who knows for how long?!!
    Spent 3 hours in a traffic jam yesterday due to flooding, why does this country grind to a halt due to weather?!!!
    Anyhoo, hope you are all well and enjoy your day! x

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Dull and breezy and the rain has just started.

Tea, we always use a teapot with Barry's tea bags.
    I like to let it brew and like Rary I during the lot untilmthe pot is empty.
    Years ago we used loose leaf but I prefer the tea bags.
    Whrn I am finished with them I dry them out,empty them into a can and scatter them around my plants
    Nothing goes to waste in our house,

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Having said that...how many people actually use fresh tea in a pot these days?
    We use Co-op loose leaf tea made in a ceramic pot always have done its the tea I drank as a kid, my Nan wouldn't have tea bags she always said they were made from the 'sweeping up's'

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning dry at the moment but don't know how long it will stay like that ad there are plenty of clouds overhead was talking to a neighbour a short time ago and he said his back garden was under six inches of water yesterday so I was quite pleased that I didn't have that problem, all the work of making up the soil level years ago has paid dividends right need to go out OH is rumbling about and wanting this done and that done so I am very busy outside

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Oooh a tea chat! I used to make tea in a pot but now I use loose tea in a little diffuser. Makes a perfect cuppa.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Nicos neither son or daughter use teapots as the just put a teabag in the cup but I prefer making the tea, with teabags, in the teapot as I like to sit and drink the pot dry

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, it's dry and bright at the moment, but I'm not sure it will last, sign of the summer we have had, both water butts full to overflowing and I've not had to top them up all summer, last year the hose pipe was used a fair bit.
    Only gardening done yesterday was hacking back an over grown Buddleia that was blocking the satellite signal for the telly, when it gets wet it interrupts it.
    Take care all and enjoy the day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Having said that...how many people actually use fresh tea in a pot these days?
    We mostly use teabags in pretty mugs .
    I do have a couple of lovely China teapots and cups and saucers which come out a few times a year (usually on a wet Sunday in winter when we can't get to the allotment ) and we have 'afternoon tea'
    . Feels very old fashioned but very homely, espesh if the woodfire is lit.
    I've heard peeps pay quite a lot of money to have afternoon tea served on those tiered plates....Last time I did that was about 30 years ago in Chester when I took my mom out for the day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin Flon'all

Yup...I could hear you padding around in the kitchen!

Tea is made-just another couple of minutes before it's brewed...help yourself!

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Dark here in Sheffield ​​​​ and drizzly. We have to wear masks most of the time at work. They make my glasses steam up! Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    I can sympathise with you relative greenishfing as there are problems with most face masks when you have hearing aids and glasses and it has nothing to do with age I have pulled my hearing aid out several times when removing a mask as for elastic I know where I could get some but OH has dared me try

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Today didn't go to plan at all. My idea was to have a go with our new battery grass strimmer but the weather wasn't playing. It was drizzling when I got up and has carried on for most of the day. When I texted an elderly relative this morning to check how she was she said she couldn't cope with her glasses, hearing aids and face masks and kept losing her hearing aids because the masks kept pushing them off. She thought she might be better if she had masks that went round her head rather than round her ears. With an idea of altering whatever masks she had I set off to get elastic. No elastic anywhere! Sold out! Eventually I got some in an ex-pound shop. Thicker than I would have liked but it will do the job. I came home and made a prototype mask and took it for her. It seems to solve the problem. I have now made a couple more for her and a couple for us. I hope tomorrows weather improves but at least I won't have to water.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X