should i shave my head or not??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    not sure you'd really notice the difference between what I have and a 'corner shop' job - I always look a mess anyway, I strive for that erm you understand
    ....but the hairdressers I use do have lovely recliner chairs that give you a back and leg massage whilst you is getting awashed up
    LadyWaynes hairdresser is similarly priced, and she gets mates rates. Her haidresser worked in a little salon (we know the owner of old) in Kensington, but he's now buggering off to the States to set up there. LWs hairdresser has just set up her own salon in London somewhere (I think North-ish), but she said she'll come out to the house to do LWs hair.

She did mine last time she visited (£30), but she said that my haircut was pretty good anyway - and I only pay £11 usually.

Fascinating fact for you - LWs hairdresser did the hair and make up on the ladies on the DulcoEase advert. What a claim to fame eh?

I still think no Lynda.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I reckon you should go for it.
      I have a friend who had long dark hair, she cut it all off into a fab little pixie number and it took years off her. You only live once. It's only hair - It will grow back if you don't like it or it will get to a length that you do like.
      Bite the bullet and get your clippers out. (p.s. post piccies and have a funky hat ready....)
      Tx

Comment

I hate going to the hd too, just can't stand it, just about manage to nip in every 3 months for the quickest of trims and out again. (And I resent paying for it too!)

A few years ago I stopped fighting my hair and trying to make it do stuff it didn't want to. Now it's cut so I can wash it and leave it to do it's own thing, curls where it wants to - oh yes and it grows grey now, but I love that too. As long as it's in good condition (I make my own herbal shampoo, rinses and hot oil) I'm happy.

I think it could look really nice cut to a number 8 lynda. But it's going to depend on your hair type. If it's got a bit of body of it's own then it'll be lovely (and as others have said, it'll grow if you don't like it). Mine would be a nightmare cos it's just too floppy and would lie there looking like something died on my head.
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Now then young lady, I've been out all day and come back to this nonsense.

I did it when I was about 16, and regretted it. I looked like a boy, even though at the time I was a skinny rake and could carry pretty much everything else off.

No, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Please, no. Your long hair may drive you bonkers, and I know everyone hates their own har, but you look absolutely gorgeous in those photos.

Comment

ooooooooo she called me a young lady i likes her

I don't really hate it, i'm just fed up with it, i like it when i've spent an hour on it, i just wish it would stay that way ........anyway i'm bored and need some excitement, and i haven't scared the neighbours for ages ....... apart from the veggies in the front garden, they've started to think i'm almost normal

they need a bit of excitement to make their lives worth living

Comment

Maybe it's just me... but I think you really want to do it! Gwan, gwan, gwan
              I was feeling part of the scenery
              I walked right out of the machinery
              My heart going boom boom boom
              "Hey" he said "Grab your things
              I've come to take you home."

Comment

You know it makes sense.........
                Tx

Comment

Cor i missed this one - NO NO NO NO NO !!!

I have been there and got the t-****! years ago i had my hair cut by accident, by a so-called friend and i looked like a tree-hugging dyke!!!!! it was horrid, it took years to grow back to how i like it now!

I have een every colour under the sun as well and have had my hair stipped back etc etc! i am now a lovely blonde as it covers the grey!! ha ha!!

Please dont do it, you will so regret it, i did use straightners everyday but now i just scrunch it a bit and dry off a bit and it looks ok! well i think so, get yourself some Toni & Guy Beach Curl spray its great and just gives you the edge instead of the frizz, you have lovely hair dont cut it off,

Comment

i'm definitely seeing the unconventionals making a comeback, urging me to do it .... i think i shall count up the for and against votes, and make a decision based on grape opinion maybe i should do one of those vote things, anyone know how to do them?

Comment

Whatever you decide, make the decision sober!! It's a very bad idea being incapable in charge of clippers!
                      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                        maybe i should do one of those vote things, anyone know how to do them?
                        Yeah but I'll only tell you if you weight it in favour of the 'unconventionals'

Nah - I wouldn't put any pressure on you and I'd certainly be more reserved re say, tatts or piercings but... it's only hair! Mind you, you're talking to someone who has experimnted with blue, green and pink lately (and sometimes more than one colour at once ).
                        I was feeling part of the scenery
                        I walked right out of the machinery
                        My heart going boom boom boom
                        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Ok, if anyone that HAS DONE IT THEMSELVES says yes, you are allowed. If not, then forget it.

Conventional my arse...you should see my *hand slammed over mouth by OH stifling very unconventional practices indeed!

Comment

I've (previously) had a number 2 done all over. And by accident had my hair dyed orange (it was meant to be auburn!), I looked like a blenisha beacon!

I say go for it!
                            To see a world in a grain of sand
                            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                              Ok, if anyone that HAS DONE IT THEMSELVES says yes, you are allowed. If not, then forget it.

Conventional my arse...you should see my *hand slammed over mouth by OH stifling very unconventional practices indeed!
                              YAY!! that means you are allowed to, cos I do it myself every six weeks
                              Vive Le Revolution!!!
                              'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                              Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

See now!!If you're turning it into a vote we could all have some rather malicious fun here!!!(add on sinister smilie that doesn't seem to be available!!)
                                Being nice,I'd still say no!!My totally beautiful friend(whom I used to hate so so much!!)has recently had a very short bob & even she struggles to carry it off!!(think Kat from Eastenders in the dancing programme)
                                If you're looking for shocking the neighbours how about a mohican?Lots of crimping/backcombing & hairspray!!(as Andi informs me!!his used to be green!!)Or you could go for multi coloured dreads(although if these don't workout you could end up going for the shaved look as I did when I was my sis's bridesmaid!!It was my mums fault!!She didn't think dreads would "look the part"!!)
                                If you do get tempted down the "go for it" lane,just remember....eyebrows/ears/d*kish & one I forgot about~inability to hide the "over done it with the wine & chocolate complexion"!!
                                However when all is said & done!!if you do do it be sure & post the pics!!xx
                                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X