No announcement yet.

should i shave my head or not??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the same as Piskie - When I was about 45 my hair was very long and going grey and I didn't want to end up looking like some older women do with long, straggly grey hair so I went and hd a lot of it cut off - well, short for me.

I never really liked it, I kept it up for about 4 years but I have very curly hair and I had to wash it every 2 days just to keep it in any semblance of order. When we moved here I had neither the money nor the ability to ask to have it cut (rubbish French) so, I let it grow long again.
    See for yourself what the results are but I am happier with it longer. I an always scrunchie it back off my face when I am gardening.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is - don't cut it all off, I think you may regret it but, as Headfry said, if you do, it will always grow back again.

ps.
    I'm not going to be an old woman with long grey hair - found some dark brown bottled stuff that works well
    Attached Files
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

for me you look best in Pic 3 Scarey - that is to say, you look lovely in all of them but pic 3 is really pretty, soft and natural
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

lol at knightsbridge for my hair cut ...... i moaned when my local hairdressers put their prices up to a tenner

i'm bored of it being red now, ....... i stripped out the black a few months ago and went red don't really like it, so maybe i'll go back to black and see how i feel then. theres definitely too much grey to return to my natural colour.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
          lol at knightsbridge for my hair cut ...... i moaned when my local hairdressers put their prices up to a tenner
          Okayyy.

Comment

Sorry to jump in so late.

But Errrr, No, no no no no no!

Don't do it. Women without hair tend not too look very feminine. Fine if you like that I suppose.

As said above, Demi Moore can pull it off, but thats about it. You have a nice face, but you need hair

ps, I'm a bloke and I have a shaved head
            "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

i'm bored of it being red now, ....... i stripped out the black a few months ago and went red don't really like it, so maybe i'll go back to black and see how i feel then. theres definitely too much grey to return to my natural colour.
              Lynda~You need to find your nearest supplier of "Directions"hair colour.No nasty peroxide or ammonia,loads upon loads of different colours,& as it's only semi permanent you can change it as your mood suits!!I can reccomend the rose red(red with a hint~vibrant hint!!of pinky/purplyness)
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I remember a few years ago a friend of mine with the same problem got an undercut - short back and sides but only for the section around the nap of ner neck - this solved the problem of big sticky out hair because the bottom half wasn't there any more, but she left the other half just as it was, so it looked like she still had a full head of hair when it was down. Don't know if I'm exlaining it very well. I remember it being popular for a time in the 80s. Might be a solution? But I think your hair looks lovely in the photo as it is (depends how much work it took to get it that way for the photo though!!)

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I think not, even Britney Spears looked well dodgy with hers!

But if you do do it, do it for charity and earn some bucks from it!

janeyo

Comment

Originally posted by marigold007 View Post
                    Okayyy.

i've probably been to the hair dressers about 10 times in my life, i went to a semi posh one once it cost me £30 and the next day it still resembled a birds nest

Comment

If it's something you want to do then for goodness sake do it rather than take advice of all of us lot that wouldn't do it (I get cold enough as it is without another heat loss source!). If you find you don't like it then simply buy a wig and wear that for a bit until your hair grows to a length you like. Simple.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

i've probably been to the hair dressers about 10 times in my life, i went to a semi posh one once it cost me £30 and the next day it still resembled a birds nest
                        I don't do posh hairdressers either, make it to the local one around the corner but on the odd occaision I've been to a posh one I've felt intimidated, ripped off and disappointed!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                          Lynda~You need to find your nearest supplier of "Directions"hair colour.No nasty peroxide or ammonia,loads upon loads of different colours,& as it's only semi permanent you can change it as your mood suits!!I can reccomend the rose red(red with a hint~vibrant hint!!of pinky/purplyness)
                          the problem i have with red and purple, is that my hair is very dark anyway, so i have to bleach it first, tried with red without bleach, and you couldn't really see it, same with purple, looks great in the sun, but can't tell inside. and it's also crap for holding colour,so semi permanent comes out really quick, perms drop out in less than a week too

Comment

I get that same problem when I go to the mid-price £30 shops! I have hair that makes most stylists tremble 'cause they really haven't a clue. I've been twice to this one in Knightsbridge, pay quite a lot, but walk away loving my hair! The shops on the corner can do the "trims".

Moral to the story: never trust mid-price "posh" stylists!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              If it's something you want to do then for goodness sake do it rather than take advice of all of us lot that wouldn't do it (I get cold enough as it is without another heat loss source!). If you find you don't like it then simply buy a wig and wear that for a bit until your hair grows to a length you like. Simple.
                              ooooooo i could have one this colour

Wow Fancy Dress: Party Wig - Neon Blue

or this

Wow Fancy Dress: Celebrity Wig - Gothic Purple

but i love all your advice, it's all so helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                I don't do posh hairdressers either, make it to the local one around the corner but on the odd occaision I've been to a posh one I've felt intimidated, ripped off and disappointed!
                                glad i'm not the only one, it's so much less hassle to cut it myself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X