No announcement yet.

Site upgrade announcement -latest info!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenishfing I think it disappears because it’s not a new post anymore. Other people will still see it if it’s a new post they haven’t clicked on,to find it again try & remember what forum it was in when you post? Or go to your profile you can see all your last posts? I like the new log in,with the old layout i was always tapping the adverts.

Comment

• I never used to get large amounts of adverts on my mobile. Now I just can't get easily where I want to go and if I try to post I get error messages and the annoying box that says " working" until I give up.

Comment

• You really shouldn't have launched new site design without extensive testing, the ongoing mistakes are completely avoidable. There is a very fine line between maximizing ad revenue and providing a service that is easy to use. Not sure you're getting that right yet
        Death to all slugs!

Comment

• Originally posted by unclefudgly View Post
          You really shouldn't have launched new site design without extensive testing, the ongoing mistakes are completely avoidable. There is a very fine line between maximizing ad revenue and providing a service that is easy to use. Not sure you're getting that right yet
          It seems we have been moved to a complete new provider on a different system and now the bugs are having to be worked on, not a perfect scenario and we can say with hindsight done at the wrong time really, but it's getting there slowly but surely. This being done when the lockdown is on is bound to make it more difficult, with people trying to work from home.

Comment

• Ages since I’ve been here, and it’s taken me ages to get onto site,now I realise why, it’s been ‘updated’! Give me time, and I’ll get used to it!

Comment

• Hey!!!...Dot!
              Great to see you
              yeh...we're all getting used to it and it's changing a bit each day in subtle ways.
              Have to say that I'm impressed with what's been done with the photos...but not sure how peeps are coping on different devices etc.

We'll be putting up a 'Bug list' we Grapes are coming across once Admin say they are ready to look into them.

We're very much in their hands still at the moment and just need to get along as best we can
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothyrouse View Post
                Ages since I’ve been here, and it’s taken me ages to get onto site,now I realise why, it’s been ‘updated’! Give me time, and I’ll get used to it!
                Good to see you Dot
                Hopefully admin will soon finish with the bugs. I do like this new look so it will be worth it in the end.
                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 27-05-2020, 02:48 PM.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Feels a bit faster in the last few days

Comment

• It's not just us then...…...……...…...……...…...…......
                    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...cid=spartandhp

Comment

• *waving* Seems faster and easier today. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• This has got to be the longest forum upgrade in history. I honestly can't see much difference since this thread was started over a month ago? and problems started way before that

C'mon GYO pooter bods, get your flaming act together.

Please fork out the cash and get someone in who knows what they are doing and it would probably be fixed in a day.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Doesn't seem any better. I keep forgetting to return to check. I expect that new forum members will soon replace those of us who are finding this update process tedious though...
                          To see a world in a grain of sand
                          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Well, yes, is most definitely taking forever * sigh

However there is more major 'stuff' going on in the background this week so We'll let you know more when there's more to announce.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Patience is a virtue and gardeners usually have barrow-loads of the stuff. Looking forward to the end product, mind.

Comment

• In another thread, Snadger mentions this site comes up as not secure. I've seen this commented on in a few places. I've not been all that bothered, to be honest, but today I decided to try and find out exactly what it means. One of the explanations I came across is this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/359298/why...cure%E2%80%9D/

I had no idea before what the implications of a non-secure site were. Reading this, however, it occurs to me that the problem of an insecure site is actually quite an important issue. Maybe not so much for us as individual users of the forums, so long as we're careful with the info we give away. But it does become a potential issue if we respond to adverts. For anyone with a bit of Web savvy, a non-secure site in fact deters you from contacting advertisers and buying their goods and services. After all, we users can't tell if the ads really are genuine. And if we don't interact with advertisers, that becomes a problem for the site owners too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X