Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've won a prize draw at work - 2 tickets to see Take That at Sheffield Arena - my daughter's ecstatic! Last week I won a raffle so I'm hoping for a lottery win tomorrow! Wish me luck - the only other thing I've ever won was the Snow Creation competition on here
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I've realised that my life isn't real. It's a dream or a nightmare. I live in a soap opera. We won't go into the past which was surreal in itself. My youngest has dumped his fiance at the registry office and gone back to his long term girlfriend. I have cancer. And, and, a friend I talk to on Fridays in the pub, who assumed I knew, told me her brother is on death row in America.

My daughter says the reason my sister doesn't talk to me is because she can't deal with the drama. I don't cause or invite the drama, it just visits itself on me.

And people think soap operas don't show real life.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
        Looks like we have sun and blue skies Today
        Lots of gardening then yipppeeee!
        Kettle's on...help yourselves

See ya later!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All

No time to chat, got plots to tend....currently 7.5° and cloudy

Have fun

Comment

• Janie, your son's drama is his. Let him deal with it. Time for you to look after yourself.

And FF, fingers crossed for the lottery for you!

As for here, out at a meeting last night to plan for the big party in the summer for everyone hitting 60 this year in the village. If the 50th and 55th parties are anything to go by, should be a good one. And every meeting (held quite regularly in the run-up) is a party. There's a party the night before to set up the party proper. And then the night after there's another party as we clear everything up. Then there's a meeting/party to discuss the finances a few weeks later, and a party a couple of weeks after that to celebrate the refunds. It's going to be a busy year.

Plenty of work to do before Monday, but itching to do some work in the garden. Looks like our rainy spring is over - the grand total of 15 mm/litres per square metre. More than a bit depressing/worrying.

Right, on that note, better get on with the day. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Thanks Snoop. Better get on, I'm out for pizza and cocktails later. Have a good day

Comment

• Grey and overcast day today. Glad I mowed the lawns yesterday evening when it was gloriously sunny!

Also I am hungover. And craving American style pancakes... so I think a trip off the sofa and into the kitchen is in order soon.

Comment

• Good evening, sadly an other friend gone today and again he had cancer, do you ever get the feeling things are just racing away?? No neither do I he was a very good friend and enjoyed life, definitely wouldn't want any one to be sad about it, and really that what I want the only ones who will be sad when I go, I hope will be the ones I owe money to, the rest of my friends, again I hope will miss me and remember me with a smile
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                    Sorry to hear about your friend rary.
                    We have lost quite a few members of our extended family over the past couple of years.
                    Always sad to think you can't share thoughts and a laugh together...but it Made me more determined to make sure I get the most out of my life!

Quick nip to a Vide Grenier then our seed swap this afternoon. Very well prepared , just need to hitch up the trailer!
                    So...skates on n'all that.
                    Have a great day peeps. See ya later
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

• Morning, it looks like being a cool dull day here but that's easily fixed with a coat
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornings! just scraped in after a lay in

Grey, 11C, misty and drizzle - just what you don't need for gardening *grump*
                          My neighbours have kindly donated a heavy dark wood dresser base for up-cycling - now I've got to find somewhere to put it, 'til I have time to do it

Have a good'un

Comment

• Afternoon, everyone. Busy morning eating breakfast with mutual friends of friend up the valley. I feel a bit like food is taking over my life at the moment! Diet, what diet? It's hopeless.

Anyway, quite windy here today, with clouds blowing about all over the place. Not much fun outdoors today.

Anyway, plenty of other stuff to do. So better get on with it. Have a good rest of Sunday, guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              Morning, it looks like being a cool dull day here but that's easily fixed with a coat
                              The weather had a change of mind and the sun came out at 1 ish. i spent the afternoon in the garden, it was a lovely 28c in my GH while potting on plants.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a very dull day and a cold wind blowing all day, after church we went out for lunch then once back home got some potting on of tomatoes and begonias, will need to consider how to create some space for the rest of the seedlings I have, a nice problem to have I suppose. Well enjoy your week and have a smile near at hand. Goodnight
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X