Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes AP I have tried that, its generally the first (only) thing I know to try
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
      Yes AP I have tried that, its generally the first (only) thing I know to try
      Sorry then, other than possible stuck keys or similar I can't think of anything despite googling the problem. You got any local computer wizards? Sometimes Facebook groups come up trumps with recommendations

Comment

• Have you accidentally reduced the screen size?
        That sometimes happens on my iPad.
        Not the same thing I know, but worth checking?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Not really sure what the weather's like yet, no rain anyway. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
            We have the rain here Flo!
            Thought it was only fair to give you a day off from the sploshy stuff

Been invited out for lunch which seems a bit strange for a week day. 9 of us, so I'm making a crumble as my contribution.
            The French also make Crumble but mines going to be spicier and with oats in the crumble mix.
            Tis ideal weather for a winter pud

First things first though...cuppa anyone?

Comment

• Morning all, nil by mouth for me this morning no breakfast not even a cuppa, hopefully home later if all goes to plan.

Comment

• Morning All

Blood tests first thing, then off to the plots. Bit colder this morning at +2° but skies are clear

Have a fun week

Comment

• Morning no rain for us today

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Been invited out for lunch which seems a bit strange for a week day. 9 of us, so I'm making a crumble as my contribution.
                  The French also make Crumble but mines going to be spicier and with oats in the crumble mix.
                  Crumbles are my favourite of all puddings I put oats and sometimes cinnamon in my topping so was wondering how French ones are different ?
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 11-02-2019, 07:59 AM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Chilly this morning but dry. Friend due shortly, so have to get my skates on.

Have a good day, everyone. I'll be thinking of you, burnie. Good luck, GL.

Comment

• Morning all, the Sun is out here and it’s lovely looking out. Nippy if you venture outside though.
                      The weekend passed so quickly, not that it matters when you’re retired. Every day is a weekend.
                      A stint in the charity shop this afternoon is all I have on my agenda
                      Have a great day folks and best of luck Burnie
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Crumbles are my favourite of all puddings I put oats and sometimes cinnamon in my topping so was wondering how French ones are different ?
                        Very basic Bren!
                        Layer of fruit and very thin layer of crumble mix.
                        Not very adventurous!

My apple is laced with cinnamon and ginger and loads of oats in the deep layer of topping

Most of my French friends eat tiny portions for dessert...blokes included. Usually about a tablespoon
                        I may be feeding the 5,000 with the dish I have filled
                        Last edited by Nicos; 11-02-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Actually I have noticed that all 'sweet' French dishes aren't sweet by our standards....nor very strongly flavoured.
                          Portion size tends to be 1/3 of a typical uk helping .
                          Is that similar in Spain Snoop?

Comment

• Good morning

The sun is shinning and I am going to go out in the garden soon to sort the plants out there and give it a bit of a tidy up. No allotment today, will go down tomorrow if weather is nice.

Have a good day
                            Carrie

Comment

• Mornings!
                              We had a hard frost last night, watery sunshine is only slowly clearing it off the grass.
                              Domestics first, hopefully It will have warmed up a bit before I go to post some letters and buy some bits in the Co op.
                              Have a good'un

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Portion size tends to be 1/3 of a typical uk helping .
                                Is that similar in Spain Snoop?
                                Yes, desserts here are usually quite small. On the rare occasion you're invited to eat at someone's home, pudding will usually be a cake from a patisserie. I remember that being quite common when I lived in France for a while.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X