This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Te hé!... I clearly have a Germanic liking for cakes and puddings
    I once made a pint of custard for 6people to have with an apple sponge pudding I'd made...and they all took a tablespoon of each and declined seconds
    And yes, they really did like it as they asked if I'd make it again some time!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all. Loads of shiney here again but still chilly out. Greenhouse will be cooking. I picked up a carousel type projector off ebay a wee while back to use with some slides an old ex Garden Club Talker gave to me and today while still tidying up in the garage, I had a wee play with it. It is absolutely magic. I do have a digital projector but theres just something about the analogitty(probably not a word but very descriptive ) of the carousel one which I really like.

I love apple sponge pudding if that's what Eve's pudding is and especially with custard. Yummmmmmmiiiiieeeeeeee.

Comment

• Afternoon all,all this talk of desserts ,please stop it,i am trying to keep things down to a dull roar,no weight loss yet,but not as bloated,so doing sumat right,i love cake ext,lovely spring day outside,must go back out and do more,it's all taking to long these days,but at least progress,them slabs are a ruddy killer for a mid 70's young lady,but i will not be beaten,1 at a time,son would do them,but he at work and i cannot wait for a nice dry weekend,look afteryrselfs.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• whoops, I said I got that projector off Ebay. I lied. it was Freegle. Yups it cost me nowt

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Very basic Bren!
            Layer of fruit and very thin layer of crumble mix.
            Not very adventurous!

My apple is laced with cinnamon and ginger and loads of oats in the deep layer of topping

Most of my French friends eat tiny portions for dessert...blokes included. Usually about a tablespoon
            I may be feeding the 5,000 with the dish I have filled
            Nicos we have soup then pudding missing out the mains thats mostly down to me because I like a dish full of crumble smothered in custard. I couldn't do with a tiny spoonful.
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 11-02-2019, 03:24 PM.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
              I had no time to look in this morning as I am on baby minding duty today.
              Took him out for a long walk in the buggy as it was such a beautiful sunny day,
              Picked up a secateurs in Lidl for €7.99.
              I keep losing my good one so at least I have a backup.
              Have a good evening g all.
              Just to say, 4 lbs lost on the 5:2 diet.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                Nicos we have soup then pudding missing out the mains thats mostly down to me because I like a dish full of crumble smothered in custard. I couldn't do with a tiny spoonful.
                Good plan. I've even been known to make just pudding for supper! Hangs head in shame.

That said, congrats bramble. I'm 2.5 kg down since Christmas. Plenty more to go... Hangs head even lower in shame.

Comment

• Arrived at the hospital at 7 this morning, at 2 this afternoon they cancelled my op, stuck me a taxi and sent me home again. Back to waiting again...……………….

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                    Arrived at the hospital at 7 this morning, at 2 this afternoon they cancelled my op, stuck me a taxi and sent me home again. Back to waiting again...……………….
                    Oh dear no! Where I work your op would have to be rescheduled within 28 days of you were cancelled on the day, hope that's the case where you are
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Really sorry to hear that, Burnie.

Comment

• Really sorry to hear this Burnie hope you soon get a new date that they keep to.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• What??..burnie?
                          Any reason given?
                          So sorry -that must have been so stressful/upsetting/annoying
                          Lets hope it's rearranged for the very near future xx
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Have you accidentally reduced the screen size?
                            I haven't reduced the screen size, I had increased the screen size, and have now reduced it a bit, its responding a bit better but still not working the way it should, so thanks for nudge in the right direction
                            At the moment I am using my tablet (ohhh I like tablet) so no problems tonight
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening it has actually been a dry day and as we were child free today we headed to the Clyde Valley had a look through four GCs but didn't buy anything, let OH treat me to lunch then we headed home, unfortunately we got caught up in some heavy traffic coming through Glasgow there was no problem but still two or three folk who like to cruise in the middle lane and are oblivious to any problems they cause. Once home I went out to the garden for a wee while and put some finishing touches to my raised bed, walked along to my friend to see if he had a pick (as I think I need to try and get more bamboo roots out before siteing my other bed in the area) which he doesn't have but hopes to borrow one for me tomorrow. AP it's a pity you don't stay a bit closer to me as I could get you to use your slide projector at a local garden club down this way burnie sorry that your op was cancelled, but get out tomorrow and take some photos and view them as a bonus for if you had had your op you wouldn't have been out to take them
                              Try and get one that you think would be a good one to paint, that way you have something to do while you are convalescing
                              Last edited by rary; 11-02-2019, 09:20 PM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, thanks for telling me where you were today as I thought you might have been part of an ambulance crew.
                                My Mum had to go to hospital today for a chest Xray and I'd arranged for an ambulance to take her (and me) to the hospital.
                                The crew (who I will call Nigel and Bob - because that was their names) were very entertaining - but full of the sort of cheek I would expect from you, rary. For example, when we arrived at Radiology, they told the receptionist that I was my mother's older sister!! They also told me that I must be very heavy as the tail-lift on the ambulance was juddering when I stood on it.
                                My Mum got her revenge. She saw them walking back down the corridor, to wheel her trolley back to the ambulance and she shouted out "Here's our two blokes". I was forced to say "Your's is alright but I don't fancy mine". Kept the other people waiting for the Xrays amused, anyway.
                                They were great fun actually, and apart from not taking us to Tenby for the day, they were brilliant. Put my Mum at ease and treated her with dignity (unlike me).

Sorry about your day, burnie. Hope you're rescheduled soon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X