Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, we didn't have the steak. The neighbours down the valley turned up with lots of yogurts from a farmer's co-op. And the only way I could fit them in the fridge was to take out all the stuff I'd got for making a huge spag bol for freezing. So that's what we had instead last night. Very good it was too, so not complaining.

Steak tonight. That's the plan anyway.

Edited: veg will be petits pois from the freezer, chips and one of those marvels of nature, a romanesco from the veg patch. Not massive in size but very heavy and perfectly formed. Just the job.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 07-12-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Tonight has just been, naughty, naughty: Bacon, egg, tomato and fried bread. An evening breakfast.

Comment

• Home made mushroom, onion and jalapeno pizza.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Veggie burgers, salad and garlic potatoes.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Pork loin slices, flip-flopped in garum masala and then in a crumb coating, plus cauli jalfrezi and lemon rice.

Comment

• I've just been looking for chicken recipes on google and tonight I might just try "Crispy sesame chicken with sticky asian sauce" with rice. It looks interesting, a bit spicy and a bit sweet and I think I've got everything I need for it in the fridge and cupboards.

Comment

• Veggie laksa with side salad.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Well last night's experiment with the crispy sesame chicken was a success. Mr GFs comment was "I could eat that every night".

Tonight will be tagliatelle bolognese with parmesan and some kind of salad.

Comment

• Briam this evening with Mackerel and a slice of sourdough.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It quite sure tbh…I have defrosted a quiche and have pasta and pesto. Just something simple until I get a chance to do a grory hop tomorrow
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Substitute gnocchi for the pasta ^^^^

defrosted peaches for pud

Comment

• We had a cheat lunch: Lidl fish with a supposed Mediterranean topping from out the freezer. Totally and utterly awful. Never ever buying that again. In fact, it's put me off all frozen fish from Lidl. If I told you what I thought it looked like, it would put you off your suppers. Beyond horrible.

Anyway, got that off my chest. Sorry for the rant.

Better find something nice for tea after that, but had hoped just to make some soup. Soup and filled rolls, maybe?

Comment

• Cajun chicken (own seasoning) with brown rice and shredded cabbage.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Very jealous of your cabbage, Mr Bones. Getting a bit fed up of cauliflower... Still loads to go but I think inspired by you we'll have a Meera Sodha recipe for cabbage subji with potatoes and kale.

Comment

• We have a defrosted Guinea fowl to pop into the wood stove and off for a grory hop this morning - so I’m fancying jacket sweet potatoes and broccoli to go with it, maybe with an onion sauce?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X