Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Pots once added roasted rhubarb/orange to the bolognese he was making instead of roasted tomatoes. Both had lost their labels in the freezer, oddly it tasted fine.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Ha ha!…we have so many bags of apple purée it wouldn’t surprise me gf!
      Love that ‘recipe’ Bren….

I once defrosted lost label ‘ apricots’ which turned out to be yellow cherry tomatoes. I guess that wouldn’t have worked so well with custard!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thinking about that, that’s probably how some new recipes are created.
        The french say we Brits love sweet and salty dishes, never thought about that before but yup - a good eg is salty pork with crackling served with apple sauce.

When we went mushrooming the other day, we didn’t find what we were looking for but saw some amazing mushrooms and toadstools. It got me thinking that to find out which are edible someone had to , at one point, actually eat one, some are highly toxic unless prepared carefully….who worked that one out? It’s quite sad that thousands of years of word of mouth has just near enough fizzled out within probably the last hundred years.

Comment

• As I've got fresh bread cooling down I think homemade soup, probably tomato.

I must whip up some more brandy cream to go with the mincemeat cake. (I did remember to buy more brandy).

Comment

• Megrim with courgettes and asparagus.

Comment

• Stuffed crust pizza and curly fries from the freezer shop bought If I'm denied a throw out I'm taking the easy option
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Turns out it’s spicy bean and butternut squash soup with split peas. Yum!

Comment

• Tonight leftover stew from Thursday but with dumplings in it, mashed potatoes and PSB.

Mincemeat cake and brandy cream.

Comment

• Roast chicken with pots and assorted veg. Can we have Yorkshires? asks Mr Snoop. Yes, we can have Yorkshires, if we must. Fruit for pud if we want anything. And a bottle of wine. It's the weekend!

Comment

• Fast food again for us, burgers, and though they're from the freezer again, they're home made so I feel a little less guilty!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Homemade veggie burgers, baked beans, mushrooms, baked tomatoes and courgette ‘chips’ and fried eggs followed by a mint magnum

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and bol.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Take away chicken curry from the local Chinese restaurant.
                            A glass of red to go with it, and then an early night,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Coq au vin followed by apple crumble and ice cream

Comment

• Leftover roast chicken and assorted veg. And the Yorkshire puds we didn't have yesterday.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X