X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Veggie lasagne with salad this evening.

Megrim's a bit of a ugly looking fish wonder if thats enough to put shoppers of Snoop. I know MrPots doesn't like fish with eyes.
    Ah, maybe that's it. When I buy them fresh, they have the heads still on, but the fishmonger cuts them off when they gut the fish. Frozen, they come beheaded and gutted.

All the more for me!

Comment

• Maybe try skate?…no bones , just cartilage, very reasonably priced and no eyes if filleted.
      My favourite ‘flat fish’
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tonight salmon. I think it's going to be a salmon, sweetcorn and pea risotto.

I was thinking maybe a crumble for dessert but we tend to be too full after risotto...so maybe tomorrow.

Comment

• I defrosted beef for a hotpot tomorrow evening with friends, but they now can’t come so I’m going ahead with the hotpot with pastry crust and our own beetroot tomorrow but I’ve decided to use half the meat and make a beef and leek stew for tonight. Followed by a salad using leaves from the garden
          Stewed pears for pud

Comment

• Roast chicken with pots and vegs all done in a chicken brick. Caramel-less crème caramels for afters. Long time since I last made those. They smell pretty good!

Comment

• Yesterday our usual Tagliatelle and bol.

This evening steak, mushroom and potato pie with kale and carrots.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Leftovers. Always good. All that's required is some fresh veg.

Made bread yesterday too. Don't suppose peanut butter on toast counts as cooking, but it was a very nice breakfast.

Comment

• Tonight meatballs, mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli and creamy gravy.

Apple and blackberry crumble and custard.

Comment

• Yesterday was my second attempt at ocean pie. Made it entirely with salmon and smoked haddock and omitted the cod. Tasted much better than the first attempt. Modified the recipe in my file to suit.

Tonight will be coπage pi
                    Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Cheese and onion flan tonight and I've made a Bakewell tart, but that might go in the freezer for another day.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
                        Tonight will be coπage pi
                        Ha ha ha!…brill Mark

All prep done..
                        Traditional beef hotpot with a pastry crust and using my moms Patti pan. Homemade picked beetroot and red cabbage.
                        Followed by imported parkin and treacle toffee
                        Nibbling on peeled chestnut we collected the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                          Tonight meatballs, mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli and creamy gravy.

Apple and blackberry crumble and custard.
                          I ran out of time..... I was looking for blackberries in the freezer but they must have dropped down to the bottom. I decided that I'd just do apple and cinnamon crumble. Then I forgot to put the cinnamon in! It ended up being the most basic apple crumble imaginable. It was absolutely gorgeous....Mr GF, who wasn't hungry, managed seconds (as did I). Even better, there are leftovers for tomorrow!😋👍

Comment

• Nicos, what is a Patti pan?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                              Nicos, what is a Patti pan?
                              Just had a Gooooogle and It calls them pie chimneys/funnel or pie birds, not Patty pans.
                              Its what you put in the middle of the pie before popping the pastry lid on so steam comes out and the middle doesn’t sag down into the food below.
                              Have I been calling it the wrong name all these years - it’s what my mom and granny called them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                This evening steak, mushroom and potato pie with kale and carrots.
                                Same as yesterday.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X