Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This evening braising steak cooked with onion, mushrooms, celery and carrots served with mashed potatoes, PSB, and beetroot.

Maybe a rice pudding.

Reading this back it sounds like proper Winter food.

Comment

• Gf…it’s 27C here at the moment- should be salad and Ice-cream …but it’s not!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Himself finished off the quiche last night as I wasn't eating. I've taken lasagne out of the freezer for tonight and I may risk it
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Leek and potato soup with rustic seeded bread (not homemade) and butter.

Leftover rice pudding from yesterday.

Comment

• Mezze plate ( aka left overs) followed by lamb and tomato pasta
            Fresh figs for pud

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Beef and veg casserole this evening.
              Same again this evening, I did seem to make rather a lot.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Saturday was good. I cooked another Bolognese (Neapolitan??) and everyone in the family thought it was wonderful. I later discovered that I'd left out the Basil. They all used to think that they didn't like fried mince. Bwahaha!

Ok, it had half a bottle of Chianti and half a pound of our butchers's excellent dry cured streaky bacon in with the pound of mince, but that's ok. Also found a home for a pound of Alicanti and Moneymaker tomatoes in it...
                Last edited by Mark Rand; 04-10-2023, 01:19 AM.
                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Mark homemade Boll is one of my favourite meals we have it every Saturday

Courgette and lentil lasagne this evening.

Comment

• Mr Snoop's birthday today so his choice: chicken tikka masala with 'lots of rice' and naans, profiteroles for afters. Cheese board for supper.

I shall try and sneak some veg into the tikka masala, honest.

Comment

• Tonight I think I'll make a meat and potato pie, we'll have it with carrots, PSB, beetroot and gravy.

Strawberries and cream afterwards...... but somebody has been putting the idea of profiteroles in my head........Snoop. I love them filled with whipped cream and accompanied by warm chocolate sauce. I don't make them for just the two of us very often as I really think that they need eating very fresh, and so we eat far too many. They are something that I would never order in a restaurant as they are invariably a let down. It is Mr GF's birthday later this week so maybe.......

Comment

• Mushroom risotto served with a side salad of our own cucumbers and tomatoes.

Comment

• Feels quite nippy today, so it's probably going to be a mince and veg hash, with dumplings. Chester can have some too
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Soup with toasted cheese sandwiches.

Comment

• Salmon baked with lemon and capers, potato dauphinois, sweetcorn and peas.

Strawberries and cream.

Comment

• As Mr GF's stomach is feeling a bit off today I'll make a bland fish pie. White fish and parsley sauce in the base and mashed potato on top sprinkled with a bit of grated cheese. A few carrots.

While I was out this morning a naughty punnet of strawberries jumped into my basket so it will depend if he feels any better if he gets any or if they end up being all mine!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X