Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have eventually decided. Cheese, onion and mushroom quiche, jacket sweet potato, sweetcorn, and tomato and avocado salad.

Strawberries and cream.

Now I can't get the idea of Yorkshire pudding out of my head ......maybe tomorrow.

Comment

• Some focaccia dough left, so I offered Mr Snoop the possibility of pizza. Toppings to be determined. Not that there's much choice.

Big pot of veg soup as well for in the week.

Comment

• Bit of a change….Veggie soup to start then roasties and Yorkshire pudding with the duck breast plus a few runner beans and Swiss chard.
        Plum,apple, pear and blackcurrant crumble with birds custard for pud
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          Beef, Yorkshire pud, roasties, carrots and peas.
          Same again this evening.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Indoor cooked pizza tonight. OH is playing with a new recipe - using 25% poolish instead of his standard dough.

Comment

• Yesterday's pizza hit the spot. I'll be living on the memory of it all week as we're back on the weekday diet today.

Veg soup for supper tonight. Just as well I like soup, albeit not as much as pizza.

Comment

• I'm going to make chicken casserole and a big Yorkshire pudding.
                (I wonder where that idea came from?).

Strawberries and cream.

Comment

• I made a big Yorkshire pud last night too to have some tonight …but it must have been faulty cos there was none left…..
                  Enjoy
                  Last edited by Nicos; 25-09-2023, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Yorkshire pudding season. just wondering does anyone eat them spread with jam?

Comment

• Roast lamb from the freezer, new potatoes, carrots and cabbage and YPs since I've read back! Strawberries and ice cream.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Yorkshire pudding season. just wondering does anyone eat them spread with jam?
                        I used to save some for my youngest lad to have jam on Bren. He recently introduced his 8-year old stepson to it. He was shocked at the suggestion but tried it and is now hooked!
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Yorkshire pudding season. just wondering does anyone eat them spread with jam?
                          Thats just reminded me - we used to have them with golden syrup on them as a starter.
                          My granny used to say “them 'at eats t'most pudding gets t'most meat” .
                          An old Yorkshire saying to help fill children so they couldn’t actually eat too much meat when the main course was served. A true sign of a poor upbringing
                          Fortunately we weren’t so poor so it didn’t actually apply to us.

Comment

• Steak, onions, mushrooms and roast potatoes.
                            strawberries and cream for desert.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Veggie/mushroom stir fry with rice for us today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Indoor cooked pizza tonight. OH is playing with a new recipe - using 25% poolish instead of his standard dough.
                                The poolish dough pizza was the best we’ve handled, and very tasty. A definite hit.

Today we’re out for a bbq lunch then I guess tonight we’ll munch on the left over slices of pizza which was originally destined for the freezer but accidentally got half eaten last night

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X