Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos you have now got me fancying parkin. I have now found grandma's recipe. I haven't got any oatmeal but I have got a bag of porridge oats so I might have a go at blitzing it in the food processor?!
    The other interesting thing about the recipe is it asks for a pint of milk less an inch. Give it a few more years and nobody will remember what an old glass milk bottle looked like. I think I might have a go at an half recipe. (Half a pint less a splash?). The trouble with parkin is I know it improves with time but I know that it probably will get attacked today.
    We're going to have prawn curry and naan bread tonight.
    Two loaf tins of parkin are now in the oven. I've no idea how it will turn out but it tasted great uncooked. Also the kitchen is like a sticky bomb site.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 05-11-2020, 02:58 PM. Reason: Add on.

Comment

• Oh yum!!!! ^^^^^
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• No time for bread or cake yesterday so flapjacks it is right now. After that, usual diet stuff all day. Nothing worthy of special mention, sadly.

Comment

• Mine is very worthy....

left over hotpot !!!!

I didn't have any diced beef in the freezer -just diced tup ...but with the bay leaves, tomato and Worcestershire sauce it actually tasted like a slightly sweeter hotpot.

Comment

• Tonight beef stew (in the slow cooker at the moment) and Yorkshire pudding (batter already mixed). I have resisted the parkin I made yesterday so far as I want it to be sticky.

Comment

• More of last night's stew tonight but with dumplings, mash and cabbage. I ended up making a trifle for pud last night (with our own strawberries and raspberries from the freezer) so we'll finish that off as well.

Comment

• Veggie tonight.....our own roasted veg with feta
                stewed apple and blackcurrants ( our own) for pud

Comment

• ^^^^and a rice pudding! - couldn"™t resist putting something into the empty wood stove oven!

Comment

• ^Crackers are my standby for using up heat in the oven. If you put the baking tray on the floor of the oven like your husband did his loaf, they'll do in minutes. The seed cracker recipe does in about seven minutes: four, turn the tray round and another three.

Comment

• ^^^ I keep meaning to make crackers! I have all the ingredients and OH has nearly munched his way through my supply if Carrs water biscuits and the stock of IKEA biscuits so I think he'll be pestering me about replacement ones! Thanks for the reminder

Supper tonight will be yesterday's left overs....yummy yum!

Comment

• I gave my husband a choice for tonight, fish pie or curry. Amazingly he's chosen fish pie. Fish is defrosting. I'll top it with caper mash, slices of tomato and grated cheese. I think carrots and french beans with it.
                        Apple and blackberry pie or crumble and custard.
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 08-11-2020, 11:50 AM. Reason: Decided on a pudding too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          ^^^ I keep meaning to make crackers! I have all the ingredients and OH has nearly munched his way through my supply if Carrs water biscuits and the stock of IKEA biscuits so I think he'll be pestering me about replacement ones! Thanks for the reminder
                          If you make the seed crackers recipe I posted, you'll never bother buying crackers again. They really are addictive.

Comment

• Lunch: mackerel with spicy courgettes. Yogurt for afters.
                            Supper: cauliflower, pear and blue cheese soup.

Short-dated chicken in the shops about to be turned into doro wat for the freezer. Plus bread.

Comment

• Roast turkey breast, steamed sprouts and broccoli served with spicy tomato 'slop'

Two clémentines for pud

Comment

• Steak pie with leftover veg from Sunday dinner. Apple and blackberry crumble and cream and a peach/passion fruit yoghurt.
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X