No announcement yet.

Seed sales and all round good offers.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus has 50% off bedding plant sale-got some verbena yesterday.

Comment

• Books - The Works

Some bargains. Especially Jekka's Complete Herb Book, which is the herb bible.

I've ordered loads and postage was a fairly reasonable £5.

Comment

• J Parkers clearance plants are always good. 6 Verbena for £4.5, 3 Jasmines for £2, Flower Power Buddleia for £3 etc.

Special Offers - J Parker Dutch Bulbs

Postage seems to be around £4, no matter how much you buy. And you get a free plant with every order.
        Last edited by BFG; 26-06-2009, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• BFG - thanks for the heads up, have just ordered Mrs Beetons Kitchen Garden and Jekka's book. Superb!!

Comment

• Free delivery (no minimum buy) until 26th June @ The Book People (Code = HAN25)

Free delivery @ The book people on all orders - HotUKDeals Forum
            Last edited by smallblueplanet; 26-06-2009, 10:42 AM.
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Wilko's have seeds reduced by 75%, got £6.50's worth of seeds for £1.61 it keeps my seed addiction going
              The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

• OOOOOH! I stocked up them with last year,must go again-I do love a bargain.
                Last edited by lettucegrow!; 14-08-2009, 04:35 PM.
                Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

• Not sure if already posted. Wyvale has all seeds (loads) at 50p. We got £19 worth for a fiver.
                  BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                  Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

• Thanks for the info BumbleB. I have been to 2 Wyevale garden centers near me and got £160 worth of seeds for £37. I am not allowed to buy any seeds for the next year.

Comment

• Oh my god. Serious seed addiction there - sorry that my info made you spend £37 but I suppose you did make a considerable saving. Happy sowing!
                      BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                      Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

• No worry, BumbleB, I usually buys seeds from this sale every year. This time I bought some extra like green manures and vegetables seeds because that I just got an allotment. So it is all good.

Comment

• Just been to my local Blooms and they had Veg Growing Month by Month, The Essential Allotment Guide and Home Winemakin for $2 each. Also got 6 fruit plants for $6 (2 raspberry, 2 gooseberries and 2 blackberries), half price. Small but perfectly formed.

Comment

• For anyone in my neck of the woods Downtown Garden Centre at Grantham have all their seeds at half price (T&M, Mr Fothergill), both veggies and flowers.

Comment

• Wilkinsons had fruit bushes (red and blackcurrants) in today for £3 each and a Fig tree for £4. They looked healthy, but small.
                              Nearly all the potatoes have gone already (more due in later in week - I asked) and most of the yellow shallots too. The only ones left were all soft. I bought red shallots at £1.27 for 500g.
                              Went into Poundland but everything had gone from there as well.
                              Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

• Don't know if one of the mods fancies a challenge & merge these seed bargain threads. I think there is 5 or 6 floating around (Nettos, Wilkos, Aldi, Poundland, Lidl) I don't know where to post for the best.................just a thought...........
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X