No announcement yet.

Seed sales and all round good offers.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldcrest, what do Seedsofdistinction.co.uk charge for P&P? I can't find it anywhere.
    The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• I used seeds of distinction once, not impressed. I ordered a reasonable amount to make it worthwhile to cover postage. They didn't have half of what I'd ordered, was told this several weeks after ordering. Chose something else and they took a few more weeks to send out. Missed my planting window (winter lettuces) had poor email response. I complained and they quoted personal reasons for lack of communication. When I used the seeds the following year I had extremely poor germination. I would never use them again.

Comment

• Sylvan: £2.50 for seeds
        Scarlet: Isn't that weird - I've used them for at least 7 years and they've been fine and I've just germinated some of their tomatoes with a use by of 2011. Don't get me started on some of the larger companies though! I'll also have to add to the rant thread about vegetableplantsdirect (if that's the right place)

Comment

• Thank you
          The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldcrest View Post
            I've used them for at least 7 years and they've been fine and I've just germinated some of their tomatoes with a use by of 2011
            Tomato seeds have a very long shelf life. Lettuces not so good - I would never use them again.

Comment

• I've planted Mizuna use by 2009 thinking they wouldn't germinate, got way too many plants!

I did the same with some spring onion seeds perhaps got 10% germination

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Sainsbury have reduced some of their gardening equipment by 25% in the last few days.
                I bought a couple of Whitefurze gravel trays and propagator lids end of last week, only to find them reduced last night.The lids don't fit when used with Poundstretcher plug trays sadly without trimming the plug tray edges but they keep most of the moisture in. IIRC from last year Morrisons reduced the Whitefurze trays to 50p late in the season.
                Tesco as well have reduced their prices on some equipment and planters.
                Haven't been in the other supermarkets recently.

If anyone knows where I could get saucers for the Poundland (c. 2L) clay pots that would be cool. They are on the inside window sills, so make do and mend looks a bit naff.

Comment

• On Sunday I used the promo code EB25 to get 25% off Gardeners World Birmingham tickets (even though the offer was supposed to have expired). If they've closed this loophole, try PB251 (25%), EM20 (20%) EB15 or EM15 (15% off). You never know, one might work

Comment

• In H0meb@se today they were selling Jamie Oliver boxed Seed collections. Were £2.99 for 20p
                    There are 4 different boxes, each containing 6 packets of seed and 6 plant labels.
                    As an example "Best of British veg" contains
                    Carrot Flyaway F1; (500 seeds)
                    Chard Bright Lights (150)
                    Pea Lincoln (250)
                    Runner bean Painted Lady (40)
                    Swede Ruby (500)
                    Turnip Purple Top Milan (1,750)

That's about 150 seeds for 1p - Bargain

Comment

• Look away now if you don't want any more seeds
                      Sale seeds from 5p a packet - yes honestly Scroll through the Herbs, veg and flowers lists and spot the really cheap ones
                      Cottage Garden Seeds

Comment

• Suttons seeds doing 21 plug plants for £1.99 cauli or broccoli.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Look away now if you don't want any more seeds
                          Sale seeds from 5p a packet - yes honestly Scroll through the Herbs, veg and flowers lists and spot the really cheap ones
                          Cottage Garden Seeds
                          Thanks, love a good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                          Carrie

Comment

• Beat me to it Mumbles.

Suttons also have a lot of Garden equipment, on sale, cloches, frames etc.
                            DottyR

Comment

Cottage Garden Seeds
                              I've just ordered 89 packets of seeds

Comment

Doh, I never read that bit.

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Cottage Garden Seeds
                                Ouch my mousey-scrolley-clilckey-shoppy bits are sore now!
                                Not like my place looks like a UN disaster-preparedness seedbank as it is.

That's the bulk of my grocery shopping for the next few years

Thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X